Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If you look through the options either in "Keyframe" or in "Pip Designer" you see an option which is ticked by default, "Maintain Aspect Ratio". If you untick that, you'll be able to re-size your element as required.
The function that you are looking for is to "Produce Range" where you first highlight a section of your timeline and then right click the selection and create a new clip of that section. It's automatically saved to your media room and can be used/re-used as you need. A search of the forum for "Produce Range" will give you all the info you might need.
The scenario that you described as I understand it is projects done on one computer in PDR16 being moved to a computer currently with PDR15 but about to be upgraded to PDR16. Once PDR16 is installed on the second computer it should be possible to open projects done on that computer in PDR15 without any need to do anything else.
It depends on how you saved your projects. PDR project files (.pds) simply contain a set of instructions for PDR to follow such as what files, where they are, what to do with them, what effects to use etc.etc. If you have the instructions i.e. the .pds and not the files it won't work.

PDR has an option to "Pack Project" and if you used this then you have everything you need in one place and can work with just that once you have installed PDR16 (PDR15 won't 'understand' the PDR16 projects).

If you have the .pds and all the assets (the video, images, audio files & any special tansitions etc.) then you can still open the project and PDR will first tell you, one by one about the assets it cannot find. In each case you can then 'tell' PDR where the assets are and once that is completed the project should work as before on the new computer.
In the past the reason for this problem was that PDR had not closed down fully. Next time iot happens check your Windows Task Manager to see if in fact PowerDirector is still there when in fact you thought you had closed it. If so then end the task and try again.
In that case, I don't know what your problem is. This is what I see when I select that item.

p.s. - What happens when you add one of your own "Create a new color board" and then "From color selector" ?
In edit mode you'll see a drop down box which by deafault will show "Media Content", "Color Boards" is the second item down in the list.
You're welcome, I've got a long history of 'Eureka Moments' myself laughing
If you select the Media Room then the first icon to the right allows you to import items e.g. images, videos, audio or you can drag and drop files from a Windows Explorer window or you can right click in the Media Room window and choose "Import Media Files".
The capture process converts a video signal into a digital file. Stuff on your hard drive is already in digital format and as long as the format is one which PDR understands you can just import it to your media room and then add it to your timeline.
Check that your current project aspect ratio is set to the same as your downloaded titles. Only ones that match will show up.
Further to that, I've found that as long as any mp3 you use is constant bit rate there are no problems. It is ones that are variable bit rate that cause 'hiccups'.
IKn your firstr screenshot you have the "Save as disc image option" ticked. This will save a disc image to your selected hard drive location for later use. Uncheck that and select "Burn to disc" instead and that should sort things out for you.
By default a title will have as it's background whatever is in the video layer over which it is displayed i.e. nothing in the title layer but the text will be visible.

If all you want is a plain coloured background and you don't want the text displayed over anything but the coloured background then simply place a colourboard in the layer over which the text is displayed.

Edit - laughing - just like the screenshot that AVPlayVideo just posted ahead of me.
Never noticed it before but this happens in my PDR15 so it's not new.
The simplest way is to add a .png to the topmost timeline and re-size/fade in&out etc to suit your needs. I've just created an example circle which is attached.
Carl is spot on with his advice.

<soapbox>This is one of the many ways in which we all suffer because of piracy a.k.a. theft.</soapbox>

Macrovision (just one of several attempts at copy protection) dating back to VHS days injected additional noise onto normal tapes which VCR's detected, understood and would not copy whereas TV's did not 'see' the extra signal and just displayed the video. PDR stays 'squeaky clean' by interpreting almost any 'noisy' signal as copy protection.
If you checkout the title designer, you will find that you can add a background image and then drag the text track so that it overlays the image which is what you are doing by using two timelines. Personally I would stick with doing it in separate timelines, the designer option isn't really an less work and for my money is far more 'fiddly'.
You're asking two questions I think,

1) can I animate text - Yes definitely, you can use pre-defined titles or create your own. The way you animate text is only limited by your imagination whether it's a simple 'crawler' along the bottom of the screen or something much more complex. There are lots of YT videos to help such as this one.

2) can I create animated images - that depends on whether you just wish to move a single image around, make it bigger or smaller, make it fade in and out etc. all of which are easily achieved. If you want to create a real animation using a single image then PDR isn't the correct tool to use, my choice there is animation software that I've used for years with which I can create animated gifs that I can then use in PDR.
Could you explain a little more what it is that you're doing. It might just be me (I've got a long history of misunderstanding things smile ) but to add a PIP be it a video or animation I would drag it to a video timeline so that it appears over the top of the background image/video. Having done that you can certainly 'keyframe' it for instance to fade it in and out or manipulate it in other ways.

p.s. - if you google "Powerdirector PIP" you'll find lots of YT videos which will help.
Having downloaded a template, are you then double clicking on it to invoke PDR's file extractor? You can't just import it into your project, it's a zip file that has to be unpacked first and that's done automatically when you run it after downloading.
Go to: