Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cut and save.
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Gday.
Using PD16.
How can I cut about 7 seconds from a clip and save the cut section for later use in the timeline, and in another later project.

Thanks. iammykyl
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Drag it to the timeline...then use Split or Trim to cut out what you don't want. Then you need to Produce your edits to apply your changes.

Dave
iammykyl [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Brisbane. Australia. Joined: Sep 02, 2018 06:23 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dave.
I want to save the part I cut out,, not discard it. It will be used later in the timeline, or in another project. iammykyl
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The function that you are looking for is to "Produce Range" where you first highlight a section of your timeline and then right click the selection and create a new clip of that section. It's automatically saved to your media room and can be used/re-used as you need. A search of the forum for "Produce Range" will give you all the info you might need.
iammykyl [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The function that you are looking for is to "Produce Range" where you first highlight a section of your timeline and then right click the selection and create a new clip of that section. It's automatically saved to your media room and can be used/re-used as you need. A search of the forum for "Produce Range" will give you all the info you might need.

Exacly what I was looking for, thanks Longedge. iammykyl