Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can a clip size/scale be adjusted manually?
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Quick question.

I've got a clip with a guy sitting down watching television. The camera shot is from the back of the room. I want to replace what is being shown on the screen he is watching with another clip of my own.

I need to "fine tune" the second clip so that the dimensions won't leave a slither of the original TV clip showing on each side.

Here is what happens. Once I put the second clip into the timeline and adjust it as close to possible to the size of the TV screen, I can crop it to where the top and bottom looks fine but the sides are not out far enough.

So, while the crop works for the top and bottom, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to extend the sides out to match the TV screen width.

When I try to do this, it causes the top and bottom to also increase outside of the framing of the TV screen.

I was hoping that there is some kind of "Freeform" or a combination of keys with the mouse that would let me do that incrementally.

I tried both Ctrl and Alt keys in conjunction with the mouse and that does not get it. Tried the shift key no luck either.

Anyone know if this can be done?

TeeMan TeeMan
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
If you look through the options either in "Keyframe" or in "Pip Designer" you see an option which is ticked by default, "Maintain Aspect Ratio". If you untick that, you'll be able to re-size your element as required.
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you look through the options either in "Keyframe" or in "Pip Designer" you see an option which is ticked by default, "Maintain Aspect Ratio". If you untick that, you'll be able to re-size your element as required.

LongEdge:

Thank you. I had totally forgot about that. It worked out perfectly.

Best,

Teeman1 TeeMan