Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16: Video out of sync with Audio after "Produce."
ToddClink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2018 13:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
PD16: Video out of sync with Audio after "Produce."

Using Power Director Ultimate version 16.0.2816.0

1) create video (H.264, mp4, 640x480/24p) from series of photos.
2) new project
3) add .mp4 to timeline (video track)
4) add several .mp3 to timeline (audio track)
5) determine end time on last .mp3 audio track
6) select video track, tools, power tools, video length, set length to end time of last audio track
7) preview shows perfect allignment of video with audio
8 ) produce (H.264, mp4, 640x480/24p)
9) final .mp4 leaves 2 minute space of slience after last song !!

Have tried many variations of "produce" options

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

• audio out of sync with video, video out of sync with audio, audio video out of sync, video audio out of sync, video not matching audio, audio not matching video

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2018 15:55

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Todd

I have two suggestions. First is to download and apply the v3408 PD16 patch (as shown in the sticky post at the top of the PD16 forum), then see if that resolves the issue.

If not, try converting all the .MP3 files to .WAV in PD16.

Create a new workspace and place each MP3 clip on the timeline, one at a time, and produce to .WAV under the music notes tab. Reopen your main project (you'll have to import the .WAV files, so make sure you know where they're stored), and one by one, drag each one onto the MP3 version of that clip in your timeline and choose Replace.

That way, any cuts or edits that you've made to the MP3 version of the clip will be retained with the .WAV version, and everything should remain aligned when you preview. This time, you'll hopefully find that the produced version retains the full sync as well!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2018 16:09

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ToddClink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2018 13:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Wow ! Thanks for the fast response -- much appreciated.

I thought that PD auto-updated, so it is good to know about the patch reference on this forum -- thanks.

I applied the patch and had the same issue using the .mp3 audio files.

However, when I converted the .mp3 files to .wav and then used the .wav files on the audio track, it worked !!

So .mp3 files seem not as reliable. I will convert to .wav in the future.

Thanks for the advice -- saved me for an event tomorrow...

Cheers,

Todd
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm really glad that did the trick!

In my experience, MP3s usually work pretty well and I rarely have any issues, but I haven't forgotten the advice about .WAV files from other members on the forum a few years back. That saved the day for me too, and I'm happy to pay it forward

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Further to that, I've found that as long as any mp3 you use is constant bit rate there are no problems. It is ones that are variable bit rate that cause 'hiccups'.