Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just want a simple title
Jnealand [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2018 17:44 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I would probably do more video editing if I could learn how to do even simple stuff. Trying to look at tutorials always seems to show fancy stuff - maybe someday, but not now.

All I want it a simple text title with a colored background. I can edit text and move it around it in the title room, but how do I set a plan background color? I have clicked and right clicked all over the place.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I would probably do more video editing if I could learn how to do even simple stuff. Trying to look at tutorials always seems to show fancy stuff - maybe someday, but not now.

All I want it a simple text title with a colored background. I can edit text and move it around it in the title room, but how do I set a plan background color? I have clicked and right clicked all over the place.

Add an image or video on the track above the text.

Option: 2 click on the text block opens the Title Dedigner, slide the mouse on the buttons, above the preview and click Insert Background.
Jnealand [Avatar]
[Post New]
Option: 2 click on the text block opens the Title Dedigner, slide the mouse on the buttons, above the preview and click Insert Background.

Insert background wants a file. Why is there no simple option to just set a color. I have used lots of photo/graphics programs and I can just set a background color. Yes, I could use those programs to make a photo and insert it, but why does such a highly recommended video editor not have such a simple option or why is it hidden so well that no one seems to be able to find it.?

Very frustrating along with other things on video editing that this noobie has not figured out.

Jim
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
PD is very simple and fast to work with.
But it is different from others, 1 example, the track below superimposes the one from above.
Color plates are there in the media room, see attached image
[Thumb - titulo.jpg]
 Filename
titulo.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
By default a title will have as it's background whatever is in the video layer over which it is displayed i.e. nothing in the title layer but the text will be visible.

If all you want is a plain coloured background and you don't want the text displayed over anything but the coloured background then simply place a colourboard in the layer over which the text is displayed.

Edit - laughing - just like the screenshot that AVPlayVideo just posted ahead of me.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2018 13:36

Jnealand [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks AVPlayVideo. That is exactly what is could not find.