Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Having downloaded a template, are you then double clicking on it to invoke PDR's file extractor? You can't just import it into your project, it's a zip file that has to be unpacked first and that's done automatically when you run it after downloading.
Can you clarify, how are you adding the text. If you're just adding text and not using any form of template then it should do what you require anyway.
Do you perhaps mean that the icon that is displayed on say your desktop as a representation for the .avi file is what you want to change?

EDIT - DELETED AS THIS INFO WAS COMPLETELY WRONG.

It's a Windows settings thing and I suspect that you won't find an easy answer. There are some applications out there that you can install which will allow you to change the thumbnail displayed in the icon but I shy away from installing apps which are not well known.
Try this -

1. Place first set of items on #1 video timeline.

2. Resize the first item of that set and set any fades etc you want to use (don't think transitions will work).

3. Right click & select "Copy keyframe properties"'.

4. Now select the rest of the items on that timeline and having done so right click and select "Paste keyframe properties".

It works perfectly for me smile

p.s. - oh and of course repeat as required on other timelines.
I don't have an answer (although I suspect it's a plain "No you can't") but that concept would be a great help to me in the way that I usually use my PDR15 and would, I think, make a good suggestion for a future version.

p.s. - as I hit the submit button the cogs were still turning and it occurred to me that you can co;y and paste keyframe properties to a selection of items so I think that it might after all be possible although not quite in the way you described - I'm off to play now smile
Are you using 4:3 aspect ratio source material? If so then make sure that you have set your project correctly i.e. not 16:9.

I'm not a great one for going into to the why's and wherefore's if I find a way that works, I only know that I have had a similar experience to yours in the past and this change corrected the problem.
Right click on the video in the timeline and choose " Link/Unlink Video and Audio". You can now click and drag the audio timeline independantly of the video to match them up. Assuming that the discrepancy is consistent throughout the whole video then this will work for you.

This is alright as a 'one off' but does it happen often, if so then it would be worth tracking down the reason which might be more difficult.

p.s. - I have PDR15 but I'm fairly sure that this capability wasn't introduced recently.
My bad - I made an incorrect assumption. You are talking specifically about saving a project, something that should take a matter of seconds since the only thing that is happening is that an xml file is being created or modified. I was thinking in terms of producing i.e. rendering a project be it to a DVD or to say an .mp4 file.
Hi., It's a question that has come up very often on the forum and rather than repeat everything can I suggest you do a search for " map " which will give you results for lots of threads.
I can't remember 'off the top of my head' if menus are created early in the creation process or at the end. One of the common problems that arise when creating a DVD is some defect in the menu e.g. overlapping items. You can test for this is by creating a DVD without a menu.

If you're not creating a DVD and the problem always occurs at 20% then there is an item at that point on the timeline that is defective in some way i.e. in a 10 minute video it is at the 2 minute marker. Could be a transition gone wrong or a video file that PDR can't deal with for instance.
As you wish, it's certainly not my concern smile. There are constant queries in the forum from people who have problems activating the software that they have obtained by whatever means. For my part I stick to the agreement I have knowingly made.
smile No easy answer in my experience. I think it's just a matter of experimenting and seeing what is the best compromise for you. I don't know whether others have anything more helpful to add.
You can't do that. It is not yours to sell or give away.
That's irrelevant. You agreed to the conditions when you bought your licence and had 30 days in which to return it for a full refund if it dodn't suit your needs.
Never noticed that! I'm same as Tony with my PDR15 - no filename extension.
It isn't yours to sell. You have a licence to use it not to re-distribute it.
As far as I know - No irrespective of your version of PDR. I've settled on running my 28" 4K monitor at 2560x1440. Setting display scaling to anything other than 100% is a potential nightmare as well, it's not only with PDR, some software is scaling aware and some not. I've gone for the easy option so I don't always end up tearing my hair out.
The only other thing I can add is to take a close look at how evenly you have lit your green background. How many light sources are you using and are they well balanced. Further than that I can't think of anything else I'm afraid.
It looks as if that line marks the edge of your overlay, if so then no particular mystery there. Have you experimented with the tolerance sliders in Chromakeying (hue, saturation and luminance)? You also appear to have some fringeing round the hand which you should be able to get rid of by the same means.
You can set the default length of transitions in Settings/Editing if that's of any help.
Not saying that it is anything to do with the problem but it's worth bearing in mind, this month's Windows updates just 'landed' here last night.
Go to: