Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 doesn't quite recognize my Bluray drive
berndintokyo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2015 22:20 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I am running Powerdirector 15 on up-to-date Windows 10.

Trying to produce and burn a Bluray disk, the program recognizes that an empty disk is in the drive, as seen in the attachment "There is a drive". When it comes to burning, however, PD seems to have forgotten that this drive exists (attachment labeled "But there is no drive"), or perhaps it thinks it's not writable.

How can I convince PD that this is in fact a Bluray drive and it contains an empty disk that can be burned?
[Thumb - PD15 drive config.PNG]
 Filename
PD15 drive config.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
But there is no drive
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - PD15 free space.PNG]
 Filename
PD15 free space.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
There is a drive
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2018 23:51

Thinkpad E540, 16GB memory, Core i3 4000M
HP workstation Z420, Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, Quadro 600
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
IKn your firstr screenshot you have the "Save as disc image option" ticked. This will save a disc image to your selected hard drive location for later use. Uncheck that and select "Burn to disc" instead and that should sort things out for you.
berndintokyo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2015 22:20 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote IKn your firstr screenshot you have the "Save as disc image option" ticked. This will save a disc image to your selected hard drive location for later use. Uncheck that and select "Burn to disc" instead and that should sort things out for you.

Thanks! I actually did that and created a large ISO file. Now the problem is - how do I get it to the disk? Luckily I found imgburn - it does the trick. Thinkpad E540, 16GB memory, Core i3 4000M
HP workstation Z420, Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, Quadro 600