Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating moving pictures and titles
Mirco1976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2018 04:10 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I just started using PD 15 this year.

I'm creating reports of the football matches of my son.
Now I want to create an animated sportsbar in the bottom with text over it (team name/results)

Do I understand correctly there is no option present in PD to attach animation to a picture AND to add animated text to it?
I see the Titles section, but you can't animate pictures
I see the PIP section, but you can't add text.

Or am I overlooking a function somewhere?

Thank you. Just starting with Powerdirector movie making
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfw6yYxcWW5LIgLflOncqeQ
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
You're asking two questions I think,

1) can I animate text - Yes definitely, you can use pre-defined titles or create your own. The way you animate text is only limited by your imagination whether it's a simple 'crawler' along the bottom of the screen or something much more complex. There are lots of YT videos to help such as this one.

2) can I create animated images - that depends on whether you just wish to move a single image around, make it bigger or smaller, make it fade in and out etc. all of which are easily achieved. If you want to create a real animation using a single image then PDR isn't the correct tool to use, my choice there is animation software that I've used for years with which I can create animated gifs that I can then use in PDR.
Mirco1976 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for taking the time and trying to explain to me!

I think I was unclear what I was searching for.

Let me try to rephrase:

I have pictures created that I can use.
I want to add animation to this picture (like slide in, change position, rotate ) and I want to add animated text to it.

As a result:
The picture I created I can use as a background (as a bar), and put the text over it. The text changes during the video and comes back multiple times during the video so I have to put in multiple instances in the movie, but that is okay.

So far I have only found the PIP to get the picture animated, and the TITLE section to create text. Now I have to create 2 objects, use two tracks and layer one over the other.
I have to work in 2 objects all the time and insert the two objects and align them on the tracks so the title is nicely aligned on the picture.
It would have been easier if the functions of TITLE and TEXT were combined in 1 tool. Just starting with Powerdirector movie making
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
If you checkout the title designer, you will find that you can add a background image and then drag the text track so that it overlays the image which is what you are doing by using two timelines. Personally I would stick with doing it in separate timelines, the designer option isn't really an less work and for my money is far more 'fiddly'.
Mirco1976 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, that makes sense.

Your tip to use the picture as temporary background to align the titles was very helpful.

Thank you. Just starting with Powerdirector movie making