Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capturing From Hard Drive
Mike1543 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2018 11:19 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
New user here. How do i capture files from my hard drive? There are tabs for camcorders etc. but nothing for my video on my hard drive. The "Help" section does not mention it iether. I tried dragging files onto the pane but still no luck. Thanks
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
The capture process converts a video signal into a digital file. Stuff on your hard drive is already in digital format and as long as the format is one which PDR understands you can just import it to your media room and then add it to your timeline.
Mike1543 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I can’t figure out how to import the file to the media room from my hard drive.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you select the Media Room then the first icon to the right allows you to import items e.g. images, videos, audio or you can drag and drop files from a Windows Explorer window or you can right click in the Media Room window and choose "Import Media Files".
Mike1543 [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok Thanks. I had it in “Capture Mode”, which I figured would be for capturing. In “Edit Mode” it lets me bring in my files. Thanks again.
Longedge [Avatar]
[Post New]
You're welcome, I've got a long history of 'Eureka Moments' myself laughing