CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

If customer service ever responded then I wouldn't have to ask on a forum. Sometimes you have to try other avenues, but your snarky remark makes me wish I went with another software choice. Thanks.

Saying "please" is considered snarky these days? That's a new one.

Through customer service is the only way to get your software back.

Ash
Answer is right there in the FAQ. Please do a search before posting:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78653.page#post_box_322851

Will the price of 18 versions be similar to this 17?

Probably not, as prices are usually reduced on current version just before new version is released. New version usually starts at full price when released from what I remember.

Ash
This means you have a rogue clip on the timeline at the end of your video production. To find it, ensure that "Movie" mode is selected in the preview window and then press the End keyboard key. This will jump to the last clip at the end of your video, which should be an hour after your main video ends.

If that doesn't work, take a screenshot of your timeline and share here.

Ash
It's there.

https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-video-editing-software/buy_en_US.html?affid=2581_1369_540

You just need to click the "See all plans & pricing" link.

Ash
Like any subscription, once it ends, you no longer have access to the content/product, which in this case is PowerDirector. If you want to keep using PowerDirector, you need to renew your subscription.

Ash
The answer is in the forum FAQ: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78653.page#post_box_322851

Ash
krussell, you don't have the same problem, as you are using PowerDVD 18 and cannot play UHD BDs. You should not be posting in this thread. It is about DVDs and PowerDVD 19.

Also: "I know it is not the computer because it worked a few weeks ago and then one day it didn't." lol, that is the number one symptom that it is your computer. It's obvious you don't know much about computers or software.

Dean478, you are also off topic and shouldn't be posting in this thread. You are getting a different error.

Hope the moderator locks this topic, as the users have led it astray.

Ash
No sure if you mean PowerDVD or PowerDirector, but being that you have an older version of either program is part of the issue I am sure. You can use Handbrake to do high quality conversions. Just Google "HandBrake" and you will find it straight away.

Ash
OK, but you provided not detailed information, like that which is requested when posting in the forum, so not sure how you think we can help.

DVD, Blu-ray and UHD Bluray is working for me and for the other user in this thread, so it is something with your PC.

Best way to start is to ensure you have the latest version of PowerDVD installed. Which version are you running? Windows updated a lot recently, so that may have messed up your system. So update all your drivers and firmware first. Have you done that? Your DXDiag file would have told us that.

If those suggestions don't work, contact customer support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Ash
Quote Hello, I already have membership for 365 and use it on windows 10, now I want to use it on my samsung cell phone, how can I activate my membership on my cell phone, the app on my phone ask me for access to my Google account when my membership email is not gmail.
Also if I edit with Android version of powerdirector, can I open it on my Windows for further edits?
Thank you.

The 365 subscription and the PowerDirector mobile subscription are separate subscriptions I believe. The mobile subscription is through your Google account, so a different subscription unfortunately.

Ash
I tested the file on my machine and had no problems at all playing it and no issues when resizing. So it is your PC probably. PowerDVD can handle 8K video flawlessly, so it is definitely your machine.

You didn't share your DXDiag file as requested for such posts, so not much we can do for you.

Ash
Right, that might work too! Thanks Optodata! Though I believe is makes cuts based on change of shot or location? I've never tested it on a TV show to see what it might do.

I was referring to the old commercial cut that was available in PowerCinema and some other their software.

Ash
PowerDirector won't auto detect the commercials for you. Cyberlink used to have software that did this, but I don't think it ever made it into PowerDirector.

Yes, Multi Trim is exactly the tool you should use. Allows you to trim the videos precisely, you can cut out all the commercials in one go. You could also do it right in the timeline using the Split button.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/17/enu/index.html?08_02_00_splitting_a_clip.htm

Ash
My big question is, what happens to the yearly subscription when a new version of PD comes out, say PD18?

If your subscription is active, you will get the update to the new version as soon as it comes out. As an example here, the latest version of PowerDirector is actually 17.6, which non subscribers do not have.

Ash
H.265 HEVC encoding is not supported on Android OS, so you gotta use H.264 AVC for 4K video output.

Ash
No idea. You'll have to wait and see if it is supported in Powerdirector 18, which comes out in early fall usually.

Ash
PowerDirector 17 doesn't support MXF files. See attached.

You'll have to convert the file to use it in your project.

Ash
Just go to general preferences and deselect the "check for updates" option. You should receive any of these notifications afterwards.

Ash
AVI files are an older file format that produces really large files. That is probably why the file size has been inflated so much. In the Produce window, select the H.264 AVC file format. This is a relatively newer format that will produce a much smaller file.

You can also try clicking on the Online tab in the Produce window and use the direct upload to YouTube feature. May save you some time.

Ash
Go to: