Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NTSC and PAL is only relevent if you are burning your video to a disc, which is mentioned in the help.

"Timeline frame rate: select the TV format (NTSC or PAL) and frame rate for your video production. The format should correspond to the region in which you plan to play your video (if you burn it to disc). The frame rate should correspond to the source video footage being used in your production."

If your video is strictly digital, then it doesn't matter that much. Except they should be consistent.

Ash
Yes, most you have to download and install using the Cyberlink Application Manager. Just go to the Effect Packs section.

There is a list of all the packs, what effects are in them, and where they are installed here:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=25083

Ash
They are installed by default in Powerdirector 365 I believe. Just go to the transitions room and click on the Distortion, Glitch, and Geometic tags

Ash
Just select the settings/preferences button and then "Audio Mixing". In that window there are volume controls beside each track you drag to left to lower the corresponding track volume. Was quite straight forward.

If you mean that you only want the audio to be lower when the people speak, then you might need to trom or split the clip and do it separately. When you adjust the volume, it is for the entire clip, as there are no keyframes.

Ash
Quote Thank you, Ash, for your helpful article.

In the video sample you provided the players remain in the same place on the screen the entire time.

How do you add simultaneous motion to groups or rows of singers, like they do at the 1:33 point of this video:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=indianapolis+symphonic+choir+virtual+choir&docid=13985685991269&mid=A92C40663F0D1EFB6176A92C40663F0D1EFB6176&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Do you have to apply motion to each individual clip or can you create groups of clips that all move with synchronicity?

Wow, that's some cool editing they did. I think JSC is on the right track, but you'd need to use masks as well on the clips. Both the combined clips and the mask would need to move in sync somehow.

When I have time I will try some test editing to see if I can do something similar.

Ash
Quote Sometimes the simplest things in Power Director are the most complicated to figure out.

In most applications, one would simply select all of the objects (shift-click or ctrl-click), then drag the selected objects together to the new location. Or one would group the objects (Ctrl-G) then select the group and drag the group as one object.

Aparently NOT THE CASE in Cyberlink Power Director 18.

Yes you can do this in powerdirector 18. Just select all of your videos (hold down Ctrl and select or click and drag in timeline to select them all), and then right click and select "Group/Ungroup Objects".

I also don't have trouble selecting two or more clips and dragging them to a new position together.

Ash

Actually, I think I got it. I'll use old movie and adjust the noise option at random intervals and that might work

I think the Lighting 2 effect would be easier and do exactly what you want. You just need to enable "Thunder Flash" and then set the "Core Size" and "Glow Size" to zero. Doing this gives you a similar flash.

Ash
Quote I want to cut a clip into parts. Not trimming - but into parts, eg 2 halves. In the first instance, a music clip. But I imagine the same method could be applied to all clips.

What I want to do is apply a music performance as mutable background to parts of a project that are just photos, not video with component audio. The photos are scattered in groups (min 1 but usually 3-4 at a time) throughout the project. So, import the music file, position it on the music timeline at the start of one photo section, and at the part where the photos end and the next video clip begins, cut it so that the original music file is now in 2 parts. Be able to drag the second half of the cut file to the place in the music timeline where the next photo section starts, and repeat. Doing it this way avoids clashing audio between the music and the video audio component.

But in PD18 I can't seem to do that. Selecting the music clip, sliding the time marker to the place I want the cut to be, and selecting the scissors to cut the clip, I do not get a music clip now cut into 2 parts, but a smaller screen with it's own timeline and the music track in sound amplitude terms. A bit surprised at that the first time - the other editors I've used just cut the clip where the marker is. But reviewing the panel, moved the marker in the track to where the clip should be cut and Ok's. Nothing happened - no cut music clip in any form. Very repeatable: I must be doing something wrong

So reviewed the user guide for cutting a clip: search on key 'cut' and see what there is in the whole document And it's not very informative for what I want to do.

Can anyone suggest a simple way to do what I want with a music clip as outlined above?

The word you are looking for is "split" and it is the button that's next to the trim button. Clicking split will cut the clip at the timline marker position.

Ash
Quote i have been trying to make a dvd using powerdirector everything looks fine before but when i play the burned dvd in dvd player for tv the video is cropped on all sides, 16:9 1080p ntsc tried all types of video files still the same i also tried many other dvd creator including dvd fab and has the same result pls help

It also most likely could be that you burned HD video to a DVD Video disc, which has a resolution topped out at 720×480. That would most likely explain what you are seiing:

https://www.lqgraphics.com/blog/2011/01/dvd-vs-blu-ray-vs-1080p-video/#:~:text=DVD's%20have%20an%20intrinsic%20resolution,whole%20lot%20less%20than%201080p.

Ash
You can set this in Editing preferences. Just untick the Swith to movie mode option in preferences.

Ash
I don't think you can make your own custom collage templates. You can however download more from Directorzone:

https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/pdr#COLLAGE_-1_downloadCount_0_ALL_WORLDWIDE_thumb_2

Not sure what you mean by manually resizing the video tracks, but the easiest way I've found creating any of these types of videos is using grid lines. The videos will quickly snap into place when resizing.

You can see what I mean in this article on creating these types of video in Powerdirector:

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/powerdirector-video-editing-software/3039/how-to-make-a-virtual-concert-with-powerdirector

Ash
That's quite an old version now so this probably means it doesn't support the video codec of the video file, i.e. the codec was released after PowerDirector 10. You didn't tell us the file format though.

Your two options are to convert the file to a different format or upgrade PowerDirector.

Ash
Use content aware clone in Guided. See attached...I did it quickly, so not perfect. But is that what you're looking for?

Ash
It's interesting that you asked, as I just finished reading this new article posted by CyberLink about different ways to create just that kind of video:

https://www.cyberlink.com/prog/learning-center/detail.do?product=powerdirector-video-editing-software&uniqueId=3039&urlName=how-to-make-a-virtual-concert-with-powerdirector&isDraft=1&pid=8509

You can also check out the video posted by a Cyberlink user in the article, which has a link to their blog about making the video.

30 videos will be very taxing on your hard drive, so I hope your computer is up for the challenge.

Let us know if you have any trouble or questions. That article does a decent job showing you three different ways you can try and also some helpful tips.

Ash
You can try using the new title reveal mask for this. Once you enable, you just resize the mask for your text to the size you need. See attached image. Sounds like what you need.

Ash
If you place a number of video clips on the video timeline on different tracks, and then select them all, the "Sync by Audio" button is available. Clicking it should sync all the clips depending on their audio quality.

Ash

Excellent. Thank you very much. I found the button. One more question if I might. I am having trouble removing empty tracks on the timeline. I right click and I see an option to "Remove Emty Tracks" but when I click on that it doesn't remove the tracks that are clearly empty. Am I doing something wrong or are there certain tracks that just can't be removed?

Only video tracks are removed when you select that if that is your question. The effects, title, voice over, background music tracks will always remain from what I've seen.

Ash
Did you have Fast video rendering technology enabled when you produced the video? If yes, try rendering it without that selected first to see if that makes a difference.

Ash
The button is still there, it just doesn't have text on it anymore. It now has a clock icon and is next to the crop button.

Ash
Yes. Just uninstall from the current PC and install on the new PC. If you need help getting the product installation file back, see that this post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80148.page#post_box_329552

Ash
So you want to record video with your cell phone and then edit it in a video to send to the district? You can do this with Powerdirector. You just have to import your video file after you have finished shooting the video.

Maybe explain more what you mean by two capture devices...what exactly are you trying to do?

Powerdirector also includes ScreenRecorder that allows you to capture your computer desktop. If you get the stand alone version, you can also use picture in picture to do recorded presentations, and also do live streams if you ever needed that.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/screen-recorder/features_en_US.html

Ash
Go to: