Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
30 FPS (NTSC)
mymatesre [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2020 00:53 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I live in Australia and film on an iPhone at 1080p at 30 fps. Why under the settings is it labeled 30 FPS (NTSC)? Shouldn't it just be labeled 30 FPS since I would think the NTSC or PAL would be an irrelavent lable, or is there something I don't know since there is also a PAL setting at 25 fps (PAL)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2020 00:18

AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
NTSC and PAL is only relevent if you are burning your video to a disc, which is mentioned in the help.

"Timeline frame rate: select the TV format (NTSC or PAL) and frame rate for your video production. The format should correspond to the region in which you plan to play your video (if you burn it to disc). The frame rate should correspond to the source video footage being used in your production."

If your video is strictly digital, then it doesn't matter that much. Except they should be consistent.

Ash
mymatesre [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2020 00:53 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote NTSC and PAL is only relevent if you are burning your video to a disc, which is mentioned in the help.

"Timeline frame rate: select the TV format (NTSC or PAL) and frame rate for your video production. The format should correspond to the region in which you plan to play your video (if you burn it to disc). The frame rate should correspond to the source video footage being used in your production."

If your video is strictly digital, then it doesn't matter that much. Except they should be consistent.

Ash

Thanks for confirming
[Post New]
Quote I would think the NTSC or PAL would be an irrelavent lable

NTSC and PAL are analog SD terms. They are essentially dead terms for the modern digital HD formats.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2020 16:52