Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PHD 14 Essential
[Post New]
Hi
Having run into a number of problems with PHD8 I took the decision to try the above today. However when I watermark my photos now there is a 'Design by Photodirector', watermark that I can't seem to remove. That will definitely be a factor in whether or not I go on to purchase the package. I supply photos to a UK organisation and they will not allow me to watermark the photos. Is there any way of removing the 'PhotoDirector' watermarks before saving. If not I may as well give up on PhotoDirector now and find an alternative. It's sad because PHD has been a great product up to now and I was sincerely hoping to continue with it. Hopefully I can but this is a major issue which may prevent me from doing so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Paul
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi
Having run into a number of problems with PHD8 I took the decision to try the above today. However when I watermark my photos now there is a 'Design by Photodirector', watermark that I can't seem to remove. That will definitely be a factor in whether or not I go on to purchase the package. I supply photos to a UK organisation and they will not allow me to watermark the photos. Is there any way of removing the 'PhotoDirector' watermarks before saving. If not I may as well give up on PhotoDirector now and find an alternative. It's sad because PHD has been a great product up to now and I was sincerely hoping to continue with it. Hopefully I can but this is a major issue which may prevent me from doing so. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Paul

Hi,

The Photodirector watermark is there because it is the Essential version, i.e. it is a trial version. To remove it, you have to purchase the full version.

Ash
[Post New]
Hello Paul,

Ash is correct. PhD14 Essentials is (essentially) a trial version. You would have seen this screen when trying to export.

The idea is that you can try out all the features of PhD14 for a limited period, except for exporting undecided

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Many thanks Pix

Must admit thought you could buy PHD14 as an alternative to 365. Now read it that PHD14 is the trial version of 365.

I think I'm going to go for 365 as an early birthday present to myself (I'm 70 next month). Wife's gone to her sisters for a few days (who can blame her lol) so I'm going to be purchasing it on my own (what could possibly go wrong?). Fingers crossed I manage it. If not I might be back on the forums haha.

Best wishes
Paul

Quote Hello Paul,

Ash is correct. PhD14 Essentials is (essentially) a trial version. You would have seen this screen when trying to export.

The idea is that you can try out all the features of PhD14 for a limited period, except for exporting undecided

PIX
[Post New]
Hello Paul,

It is a little confusing when there are different versions available, but I think it's important to correct something.

PhD14 is NOT a trial of PhD365.

PhD14 has a lifetime license (i.e. you'll have it for life once you've paid for it).
PhD365 is a subscription for 1 year (i.e. you'll have it for 365 days, after which the subscription must be renewed)

I'd suggest you have a look at this comparison chart before making your final decision.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Thanks Pix.

Did see this but after my experience with PhD8 which as you know became unusable I opted for 365.

Whilst PhD14 may be advertised as a lifetime license Cyberlink keep bringing out newer versions and once the software gives up the ghost as mine did you are faced with the same problem again.

Hopefully I've made the right decision. Only time will tell.

Best wishes
Paul

Quote Hello Paul,

It is a little confusing when there are different versions available, but I think it's important to correct something.

PhD14 is NOT a trial of PhD365.

PhD14 has a lifetime license (i.e. you'll have it for life once you've paid for it).
PhD365 is a subscription for 1 year (i.e. you'll have it for 365 days, after which the subscription must be renewed)

I'd suggest you have a look at this comparison chart before making your final decision.

PIX
[Post New]
Hi Pix

Yet again I have to say a big thank you to you for all your help and advice which has meant so much to me.

I've actually changed my decision and I have now downloaded PhD14. I'm back in love with Cyberlink who have very quickly sorted things for me.

That's in no small way down to your input and I just wanted to say (once again) how much I've appreciated all that you've done.

Many many thanks and best wishes

Paul

Quote Thanks Pix.

Did see this but after my experience with PhD8 which as you know became unusable I opted for 365.

Whilst PhD14 may be advertised as a lifetime license Cyberlink keep bringing out newer versions and once the software gives up the ghost as mine did you are faced with the same problem again.

Hopefully I've made the right decision. Only time will tell.

Best wishes
Paul