Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 11 video imports sideways
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I have an Iphone XR, I shoot most of my Video Horizontal. When I import it, the video's are all sideways (portrait). I checked other software, like Windows Movie, Davinci, even downloaded the PD19, and they all import correctly.

I know I can Rotate the vidio in PD11, but I should not have to... does this mean if I really want to avoid this I will have to upgrade?

I would not mind upgrading, but I don't like the fact that cyberlink is not offering discounted 1 time use packages. I bought full package Suite for about 60 bucks CAD when it came out, and the pricing is making me look elseware. The Annual subscription is $66 1st year and $89 after that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2021 21:03

AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, unfortunately you will have to upgrade if you want to use the iPhone clips. PowerDirector 11 came out in 2012 maybe, years before the newer phone video formats.

Your other option is to use Handbrake or some other conversion program to convert the video file.

Ash
Ziggy1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2013 18:26 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]

Your other option is to use Handbrake or some other conversion program to convert the video file.

Ash

I know I could do that but then they are converted should I happen to use anothe rprogram. I need to think about how much of a nuisance it wil be. The other issue with the rotation is they need to be resized to fit