Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fading subtitles
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
I have a subtitle all the way to the end of the movie. How do I add a fade to the subtitle as well? When the movie has faded out the subtitle is still visible.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 07. 2021 16:41

AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you can fade the subtitle. You should just shorten its length on the subtitle timeline.

Ash
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't think you can fade the subtitle. You should just shorten its length on the subtitle timeline.

Ash

Thanks!

I did so in this movie by the way, since that was the only "workaround" I came to think of.
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Actually, you can fade a "sub-title". Titles are text; double click the text item in the relevant track and when the window appears, select the text, choose ending effect, fade.
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Actually, you can fade a "sub-title". Titles are text; double click the text item in the relevant track and when the window appears, select the text, choose ending effect, fade.

Could it be that you have mixed up Titles with Subtitles? Double-clicking a subtitle textbox opens the Subtitle room.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Indeed sub-titles and text are different. What David probably means here is:
Make a title and format this title such that is resembles a sub-title (or visa versa). Also make sure that it is precisely in the position of a sub-title.
And then do a fade out for this title.
You will get the desired effect.
Another option is to set the sub-title as required. Do not fade the videopart yet. Separately produce the selection of your video. Then include the produced part into the timeline to replace to original part. The sub-title now is part of the produced video and can as such be faded out.

The downside of these approaches is that the title, cannot be exported as part of the sub-titles, nor made part of a (multi-lingual) sub-title stream on a DVD etc.
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Indeed sub-titles and text are different. What David probably means here is:
Make a title and format this title such that is resembles a sub-title (or visa versa). Also make sure that it is precisely in the position of a sub-title.
And then do a fade out for this title.
You will get the desired effect.
Another option is to set the sub-title as required. Do not fade the videopart yet. Separately produce the selection of your video. Then include the produced part into the timeline to replace to original part. The sub-title now is part of the produced video and can as such be faded out.

The downside of these approaches is that the title, cannot be exported as part of the sub-titles, nor made part of a (multi-lingual) sub-title stream on a DVD etc.

Thanks for clarifying!