CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Thank you.

I read that thread previously concerning DXDiag. First of all there is no start menu or run line. This is a DELL E6530 bought from Dell. I find no DxDiag program on this PC. Is this something I can download?

Unfortunately, the DxDiag app is a core part of Windows just like File Explorer, and if you don't even have a Start menu I have no idea how your system is running. You can see if anything in this MS article will help.

You can also visit this Dell support page for your laptop and click on the Quick Test button to check your system.

Honestly, your system is not normal and it might be best if you could take it to a techy friend or repair person to help get it configured correctly.
It's really hard to understand what kind of computer you're working on. Maybe it's in kiosk mode or some other non-standard configuration, and I can't say it's a complete surprise to hear that it's also unable to read the disc contents.

Trying to do practical things without any kind of file manager is difficult, as there's no easy way to copy the DVD contents to the hard drive. Do you perhaps have a normal computer you can install PD12 on instead, or at least can copy the DVD contents onto a flash drive which might be autoinstalled on your original target?

None of this sounds like a PowerDirector issue to me. See if you can run the DxDiag test as described here and attach the results when you reply.
PD allows up to 99 tracks on the timeline, so I'm not sure why you had audio trouble with the 17th track.

It's posible there was an issue with that specific clip or with something about how your project was configured, but upgrading your hardware won't make any difference with regard to adding more usable tracks.
Interesting. I tried the direct DZ login just before PIX responded and I was able to sign in. Maybe it's a server issue...

Thanks very much for the DxDiag attachment. It shows that you do have the most recent nVidia driver, and although that isn't the cause of your crashes, you may be better off using the latest (but slightly older) Studio Driver going forward.

Before worrying about that however, we should take care of the underlying cause. The first thing I'd do would be to uninstall PD, and you can keep the personalized settings if you're prompted to remove them. Make sure you have the installer handy, otherwise you'll need to contact Cyberlink customer service and wait for them to send you a new download link.

The next thing I'd do is run through the two commands shown in bold here to see if Windows has any serious system issues.

Once those are resolved (or if both commands find that everything is intact and operational), go ahead and reinstall PD17 - then you'll need to do one more step before trying again.

Whenever PD crashes during a producing session, it will usually treat that profile as toxic and will disable it to prevent future crashes. Please see this post for the simple fix, and note that you will have to edit every key that is set to 1 to re-enable the Fast video rendering tech option.

Please post back with your results.
Sure thing. Just use the PiP Designer and click on the Mask tab. Click on the rectangle shape in the left panel and the drag the selection points to the desired region in the preview screen on the right.

You can then drag the masked clip around from the Properties tab window (or from the main timeline) if you'd like to reposition it on the screen.
This process was covered in this 4 year old post. That was my introduction to the solution and I have referred other users to it since then, but I agree with BTC and tomasc that this description is more concise
Quote Hi, how can i transfaire a project form mobile app to my powerdirector on pc and continue edit?

That's what the Cyberlink Cloud and/or Google Drive is for.

From the main mobile app screen, touch the Upload/Download Project Pack icon. If you're using Google Drive, you'll be asked to sign in, and then just click on Upload to choose the project you want to edit on your computer.

Once the upload is finished, log into the Google Drive website and go to the My Drive > Cyberlink > PowerDirector folder. I think the easiest thing to do is to download the .zip file which has your all the source clips and necessary files, and extract that on your destination computer.

You can then double click on the .pdm project file (Windows may need to confirm that you want PDxx to open .pdm files), or open PD and use Open Project and search for the folder where you extracted the mobile project.
I added that post because I wanted to make sure you didn't have any 1s in the registry profiles that would keep you from using either of the quicker production routes: SVRT (CPU-only copying with little to no actual producing); but mostly Intel Quick Sync Video (aka hardware producing).

In all honesty, SVRT won't work here because we're working waaayyy outside PD's normal working profiles. Also, if I'd checked my system before posting, I would have seen that neither option is available to me when working with the desqueezed project either. I was just trying to think of things for you to try to get past the production error...

Since you have PD18, I think it's worth a try, especially since all of the clips work for me and I don't see any schizophrenic behavior with AVC/HEVC clips and PD/VLC. Please make sure you don't install the trial version (or that you uninstall it if you've already installed it), because it won't let you work with any 4K or higher clips at all.
Oh I'm very sorry to hear about the job situation, and I hope that everything will eventually work out for you.

The issue you found was caused by me having your original clip open in VD2 when I saved the RevA project, and so it also wanted to open that clip from the same location on your computer. I've removed the clip and saved the project as RevB, attached. Please let me know if there are any other issues!

There was another problem relating to you being unable to produce using the F.r.v.t. box, and it might help to review this post to see if you can recover that capability. It would help to know if either of these methods will let you produce the clip without the error message from PD.
It's definitely the new 10.0 test, which has a Modified Date attribute of Mar 16, 2020. I ran these two tests one before and one right after upgrading the app, and I noticed that there's a lot more emphasis on GPU testing during the benchmarking.

It certainly looks like Turing cards are the real winners in the new testing realm, as my system score is actually 241 points higher even though my CPU score dropped almost 1300 points

It sounds like you're using Pack Project Materials as a kind of intermediate save, so you can go back and pick up from there if needed, but that's what autosave is for. You can set the backup folder and frequency, and PD will automatically save a copy of the timeline as you do your work.

The main advantage of this is that it's automatic, and PD only saves a new copy of the PDS file so it takes very little hard drive space. Also, if PD does crash, it will check for the latest autosave when you restart it, and it will prompt you to open that file rather than the last saved version of that project.

On the other hand, Pack Project Materials is intended to be used only once, when everything is completed and you want to either archive the project and all related media or move everything to another computer for further editing. That means that packing will copy every media clip in your project from wherever it currently resides to your packed project folder, so you will now have duplicates that can reach many GB.

In addition, packing "flattens" the entire project, meaning that it will then expect all media clips to be located in the same folder as the packed project, so it will no longer use the original clips in their original locations. That's ideal for portability, but it's probably not all that useful for regular editing.
So tomasc PM'd me with some findings on the bitrate of the VD2 files, and he noticed that I had the quality set improperly. I've made the necessary adjustments to both .vdproject files so that the bitrates of the videos produced by VD2 are equal to the original, which is 35Mbps.

Use the attached RevA versions to get higher quality desqueezed and final videos cool
This is a user forum, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having serious problems. There have been cases of a new release that caused serious crashes on specific types of hardware, but I assure you that your experience is not typical, especially when no other people are reporting similar issues here.

In all honesty, serious crashes like this are almost always caused by incompatible video drivers or damaged Windows system files, and oftentimes people will report that everything else runs perfectly so it "must" be PD. That's true, in that almost nothing else other than gaming will push your hardware as hard as video editing, and so the existing problems don't show up until you install PD.

I mention this because I want to give you a realistic picture of what's probably going on, and to ask you to follow the steps listed in the Read Me Before Posting thread to run the DxDiag test and attach the results here. There is no personally identifiable info in the report, and it will provide crucial details about your system.

Chances are pretty good that something will jump out in the report and we can give you the steps needed to quickly solve the problem.

If you want to contact Cyberlink tech support in addition to getting help here, you can do so from this page. They will need the DxDiag report as well, so it's better to have it ready. Cyberlink also has a 30-day money back guarantee if you bought the program from them directly.
Thanks for sending that over. I think that 4096 profile was the last one in my system's Profile.ini and I mistakenly kept it when I was adding the intended version.

So right now, the only time you can produce is when you select the 4096 profile and you get the error message if you try to produce using the 5184 one, correct? Have you tried producing with the Fast video rendering technology box on the Produce page unchecked?

Also, your Intel video driver is almost 7 months old (v7262) and there's a much newer version out now (v7985). However, Dell makes it hard to install "OEM" drivers, so your best bet is to go to their support website and make sure everything else is up to date. For one thing, there's a BIOS update available if you're up for installing that, but I wouldn't expect that to be related to the producing issue.
Quote Only thing is, why is it partly integrated into PowerDirector? None of it works so what was the point?

I don't have any inside knowledge, but that fact that the Animation Effect is missing and the Dispersion Effect is limited tells me there are technical issues when transferring the resulting media back to PD when PhD is invoked from the PD timeline.

As PIX wrote, the issue seems to be that if PD sends a photo to PhD, it can't receive back a GIF or WMV. Even if you use the Dispersion Effect tool after coming straight from PD, you only can create a static image from the tool, which is nothing like what the tutorial shows.

I agree that there should be some disclosure that neither of those new tools is available when accessing PhD as a plug-in. However, the options in that situation were already somewhat limited, and it looks like they didn't think to revisit the issue after adding these specific tools.

Here's what I'm talking about. Note that the Create menu is simply the interface for the Animate GIF tool:

So it certainly is an extra step to launch PhD when using either of these new tools, but maybe if you think of it as creating entirely new content, it's less burdensome. In fact, you can have PhD and PD running side-by-side this way, which isn't possible in the round trip method.
OK, but first another forum tip: the forum index doesn't update or send out any notifications if you edit an existing post, so whenever you have new info please use the Reply to this topic button. That has the added benefit of not copying the entirety of the previous post

So I've looked at the two intermediate profiles I shared, and none of them have "4096" in them anywhere. The first (sent Mar 26) was 5148x2880, and the one from yesterday (Mar 28 ) was 5184x2990. They're tied directly into the VD profiles so you can't mix & match them.

Take a look at the properties of each clip in PD so you can see the actual resolution and let us know what each of the individual clips shows on your successful run.
Not all computers can edit 4K video. Can you please run the DxDiag test and attach the results so we can see how your computer is configured?

Tous les ordinateurs ne peuvent pas modifier la vidéo 4K. Pouvez-vous s’il vous plaît exécuter le test DxDiag et joindre les résultats afin que nous puissions voir comment votre ordinateur est configuré?

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80133.page#post_box_329489
I usually don't use shadow files, but if it looks like PD has stopped generating them I think turning them off, restarting PD and turning them back on like you did was a good thing to try.

Since that didn't work, you may want to reboot your PC and launch PD again. You also might want to remove the new library clips from your project and then add them again to trigger the process.

If it's still not working right, it's possible that there is a problem with PD or with your computer that's causing the problem, and the next thing to try is to uninstall PD and reinstall it. You can keep your personal settings, if prompted.

If PD still doesn't automatically create shadow files, try running the two commands shown in bold in this post to make sure Windows doesn't have any deep-seated problems (ignore the last part about the patch).
This post has more detail on why the duration is fixed and offers some ideas as to how the limitation can be overcome.
Go to: