CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The simple answer is that you can't undo it unless the edits are still active and Undo is available.

In your case I can suggest a couple of options, but one or both may be tedious depending on how many affected clips there are.

One option would be to remove all of the transitions and produce the entire timeline so that the full EQ will remain intact for each individual clip. Then you can bring the full clip onto the timeline and use the existing transitions as a guide for splitting the output video and applying the same transitions. Delete or disable all the other tracks and then produce your final copy.

A variation on that would be to remove the transitions as before but this time use the Range Select tool and then use Produce Range to create copies of each individual clip with the audio changes fully produced. Then you can replace each timeline clip with the range-produced version so the transitions will not affect the audio EQ.

The other possibility would be to find one of the autosaved project versions that were made before you made the audio edits, especially if they were among the final edits you made before producing.

You may also want to report this issue to Cyberlink here and/or use Pack Project Materials (under the File menu) and save everything to a cloud folder on Google Drive or OneDrive so that forum members can verify that the issue occurs on their systems and maybe try out other settings or workarounds. Please see this FAQ for more info on doing that.
Quote I am doing that but that's a workaround, not a solution. One of the primary reasons I use Power Director is to be able to produce and upload in one step. It's an important feature for me.

I've produced and uploaded 1000+ videos without ever using the built-in produce/upload - except for a couple times when helping on the forum - and just now I went through all the authorization steps and was able to produce/upload a sample video:

I'm not sure where PD stores the login info for online accounts, so maybe the easiest thing to do is to change the password on your YT account which will prevent PD from accessing it. See if that brings up a new authorization window and try the new password.

You can also try uninstalling PD and then reinstalling it. Otherwise waiting for a response from tech support after you've submitted a request may be the best option.
Where are you recording? In PD18's Capture room, with the bundled ScreenRecorder app, or with something else?

See this discussion for a quick way to improves your chances at syncing the two clips.
Strange. I don't know why updates show up at different times. Here's what I see:

Can you try to download/update it from the Google Play store from your PC? Maybe uninstalling it first will allow you to install the new version.
The quickest way to overcome a problem like this is to temporarily trim each of the clips so that they each contain the same content at a fairly well-known point. Ideally this would be a sharp, sudden sound or a clear stretch of easily identifiable sounds. If you'll be recording new video & audio, a sharp clap at the start is easy to spot on the timeline and easy for PD to sync.

Now use Sync by Audio on the two shortened clips (which should occur very quickly) then drag out the ends (or use the Trim tool) to restore their full length.
CL tech support is still your best bet for getting this resolved. I saw that the 7.5.1 update came out yesterday and that's supposed to fix some issues. Make sure you've got the latest version.
It's better if you start a new discussion for this issue.

You can take screenshots, save them as JPG or PNG and use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share them. If it's easier to show what's going on with a screen recording, use the bundled ScreenRecorder and upload the video to YouTube. You can set it to be unlisted so nobody without the link can see it if you want, then share the URL in the new thread.

You can also upload the MP4 to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link in the new thread. Please see this FAQ.
Quote Done. Is this also the place to inform CL about discovered bugs or not correct working tools, and/or should I also report such things here?

If you think you've found any bugs, it's actually best to file an official report from CL's main support page.

You can also mention them here to confirm that other people see them; determine if they might be related to something specific with your system or your source clips; see if other members are aware of any workarounds; and let the community know what you found.
Quote I'm having the normal PD365 subscription, no PD365 Suite, which just comes with (the really dissapointing and poor) Audio editor. A simple channel swap, channel combine (stereo 2 mono) or channel balance panning is not possible. Basic features for an audio editor.

You can let CL know how you feel about Audio Editor by using Rate Us & Provide Suggestions under PD's File menu.
There are a couple reasons that audio might not be heard when you're working in PD, but none of the usual supects have any effect on the produced video.

Maybe you could upload a sample captured clip to OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here so other members can test it on their systems.

Please review this FAQ for more info.
I think it would help if you could attach a screenshot of your timeline showing how you've things laid out.

Ideally, you'd also have a second example showing the kind of changes you're looking to make as that will give us a clearer idea of how to accomplish those kinds of edits with the fewest steps.
When it comes to standard titles, you're free to use/not use any combination of settings on the Title Designer's Object tab.

The same goes for the Effects tab with the exception that you can only use a Special Effect (from the Object tab) or the animations on the Effects tab (which has been renamed to Animation in PD19), not both. As you found out, backdrops also conflict with the animated Effects and will be disabled if you choose to use one.

If you'd like to fade in/out a clip with a backdrop, you can drag a fade transition onto the start & end of a title on the timeline or simply keyframe the opacity up and down from 0 to 100 then back to 0.

For more context - there are reduced settings in 3D titles and for add-on packs like Motion Graphics and Minimalist Titles, and in all cases you can only work with the tools and effects provided by the Title Designer.

If you have the New Blue Titler Pro plug-in, it has many more degrees of freedom and styles of available effects than PD's titles.

For regular photos and video clips, up to 7 different FX can be applied en masse or indivdually to any single clip, and all the other Fix / Enhance tools can be used as well. Only a single CLUT or Color Preset can be applied to any clip.
Thanks for sharing the project.

After some testing I now fully understand what's going on. It's not an issue with clip format, bitrate, resolution, encoding or any of PD's settings - it's because you're using the Crop/Pan/Zoom tool instead of masking off the unwanted portions.

While using that tool seems like the obvious choice for cropping clips, the tool is actually meant for full-screen clips and it will also shrink or enlarge the clip to fill the full frame - especially when using the Freeform cropping setting.

In this case, you had trimmed a bit off the left and right edges so the tool automatically enlarged the clip to fill the entire canvas. That's why the clip on Track 2 is a little more zoomed in than the Track 1 clip.

This results in a lower quality image because the C/Z/P tool is working with the reduced pixel size output from the PiP Designer and not the original clip, so it's actually magnifying the flaws in the reduced pixel version.

The more appropriate tool for cropping tiny slivers of video is the Mask Designer because it operates on the full resolution version of original clip just like the PiP Designer and simply masks off the unwanted sections.

As you can see in this screenshot from the attached project, you'll have full quality on a cropped, reduced-size image when using a mask rather than the C/Z/P tool:

Try out the test project and I'm sure you'll see what I've described here. If you go back to your current project, all you have to do is open up each of the affected clips in the C/Z/P tool and click on the Reset button at the lower left to remove all the settings.

I imagine you'll see those clips clear up immediately, then you can open each one in the Mask Designer and apply a standard rectangular mask. It may help to check the Only show the selected track button to remove unrelated clips from the screen, and you'll also want to uncheck the Maintain mask aspect ratio box (under Object Settings) so you aren't stuck with a 9:16 mask.

Hopefully you'll have no more trouble making crystal clear, virtual concert videos from now on
Depending on your subject, you may find that producing to 4K with occasional zooms will work better.

When I was recording my daughter's lacrosse games, I ended up producing the entire video to 4K because the quality was much better and PD handled the zoomed shots nicely.

Here's an example of a highlight reel where full screen 4K transistions to edited zooms and back, yet the shifts and optical vs. edited zooms are imperceptable:

(The short section at 2:03 that is clearly lower quality is actually from a wide field, co-mounted HD camera I used to keep the action in view if I messed up when tracking the ball. I was able to stitch together coherent videos several times over the season that would have otherwise been lost)

In other cases, shooting in 4K with the expectation that you can crop/zoom/pan an HD section like you've stated will also give you good results. Here's a video I took yesterday of a Falcon 9 launch:

Due to problems with my tripod not being able to track the rocket when it was nearly overhead, I had to make liberal use of the C/Z/P and keyframe tools just to keep the rocket in the frame, and since I also had to zoom in to do that it made sense to keep the entire video as full quality HD.

Here's what the tracking keyframes for the first sce3ne look like in the PiP Designer:

Thanks for the details. You have the most recent version of PD18, but the video driver for your Intel HD Graphics 4600 is more than 2 yeaars out of date. You should be able to get the latest driver by using the Intel driver assistent here. If you're not able to install that driver for any reason, go to the Asus support page for your system and get the most recent video driver available there.

The other thing I noticed is that you've had several crashes of FreemakeVC. That implies that something may have gone wrong with how that app was installed, so you may want to uninstall it then try installing it again.

It's also possible that there are problems with some of Windows' core files, and this post describes how to run two simple tests that will check for and try to automatically fix any errors that may be present.
Have you tried using the Precut tool for Media Library clips? All your small clips will be shown in the subfolder of the main clip there and they can be dragged directly to the timeline when needed.
It would really help if you would read through the Read Me Before Posting guide and provide the requested DxDiag result.

The vast majority of issues like this are caused by problems with the computer PD is installed on, especially video drivers and damage to Windows core files and the DxDiag report will help us spot them.

(Thanks to the moderator for moving this to the PD19/365 forum instead of PD18 )
Thanks for the DxDiag results. They tell pretty much the whole story - your CPU just isn't powerful enough to work with 3 concurrent video streams, especially if any are 4K or were recorded at a high bitrate.

Your CPU's benchmark is about 7000, and the recomended minimum value for working with PD is 10k, while 20k is much better.

You actually should have shadow files enabled and make sure the little tags on them show green in the Media Library, then import the clips from the Media Library into the MultiCam designer (rather than importing them straight from the hard drive).

While you say you've updated everything, the video driver for your Intel UHD Graphics 630 is actually more than a year out of date. There are two similar Asustek models, and if you have the FX580VD system you can get the latest driver here; if instead it's the NX580VD, go here.

Working with a lower quality preview is the only other thing that will help, and remember that only the timeline preview is affected. Your finished video will play back perfectly.
I don't think you've done anything wrong, but you'll need to provide quite a few more details before anyone here can help you.

Please follow these steps to run the DxDiag test and attach the results here, and also please tell us the exact version of PD18 you're running.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, because Cyberlink Cloud is just a storage option and there isn't any ability to produce videos with it. You don't need to use the cloud for anything - if you need to transfer a project to a new PC you can simply use Pack Project Materials and save it onto a USB stick then bring it over to a new PC.

If you've already saved a project to the cloud, you just have to log in and download it onto a computer that has PD on it, then you can produce the project to video or disc directly.
Go to: