CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
For NTSC, "standard" framerates are 30 and 60, with 24fps being "film-like" and not so typical across all available resolutions.

If you're comfortable sharing the clip, you could upload it to a cloud folder on Google Drive, OneDrive, etc and paste the link here. It would also help to see your produced clip, either in the same folder or uploaded to YouTube (which can be unlisted so nobody without the link can see it.

That way, we can see what you're trying to do, and then test it out some other options for editing and possibly producing.
Please see my response to a problem with PD18 and AVI files. I believe both problems have the same underlying issue.

Basically, download FFDShow and run it. Be sure you check the "FRAPS" codec box when installing. That may do the trick here as well!
Quote ... Makes me wonder if Cyberlink is pushing small fixes behind the scenes, or are these random signs of instability in the software.

These are the same issues that fill the forum year-round, although each time a new version is released, there are new variants.

Also, CL doesn't do any "push" updates. For the subscription version, all updates have to go through the AppManager, and for the perpetual/lifetime version, patches have to be applied manually, although you can be prompted to install an update when launching PD.

You can verify that no changes have been made by checking the SR (Software Release) number on PD's version screen. It's currently VDE190703-06 for PD365 (18.0.2028.0)
You're not. There isn't a standard 4K 24fps profile, but you can use the built-in Profile Analyzer, and it should create a custom profile to match your source clip's resolution, bitrate and frame rate:

Quote I don't think generic AVC 4:2:2 10 bit support was added in PD18. The ProRes 4:2:2 10 bit was supported in PD17. For such support, I don't think you will need any additional codec pack from K-Lite or FFDShow installed.

So as optodata suggested, must be MOV file and not MP4 (AVC) and the clip used as a test, All-UHD-Apple ProRes 422.mov, can be imported into PD17 too.

Interesting about PD17. This graphic from the PD18 specs page implies that ProRes 4:2:2 is both already supported and new:
10-bit clips are very different. Since your clips are MP4, and not MOV, please try installing one of the two codec packs mentioned in the linked post.

If you have a short sample clip from your camera, it would help if you could upload it to OneDrive or Google Drive or DropBox and paste the link to it here so other people can test it out on their systems.
Please see this thread.
PD can edit 4:2:2 ProRes vids, but it looks like your system may not be configured with the proper codec. I downloaded a 7.7GB GH5 clip from this website, and as you can see in this composte screenshot, it plays normally in PD18:

Two questions for you: Is your 4:2:2 clip in the .MOV format, and are other media players on your computer able to play it? If not, try installing the QT Lite app.

If other players work but PD18 still won't, try installing either the K-Lite codec pack or FFDShow.
iammykyl, thanks for re-upping the clip to Google Drive. Here's a working link to it.

john58/59, is this the kind of intro-outro you're looking for?
There is hope in BTC Land!

Try using FFDShow again just like you described in this post. I went back to the system image I made before updating to PD18, and I ran FFDShow because I didn't have HuffYUV installed. PD17 was able to view one of the HuffYUV clips you'd sent me.

I then updated to PD18 and I can now edit the clip:

I know you can't go back in time like I did, but I'm optimistic that running FFDShow now that PD18 is installed will restore your ability to work with HuffYUV clips!

UPDATE: Running FFDSHow with the default settings will let PD18 play HuffYUV clips! cool

So far, still no luck with MagicYUV, but one thing at a time...
Quote All of the initial issues that I've seen with PD18 seem to involve the 365 version of the software.

That may be what you've personally seen, but I don't think there's anywhere near enough evidence yet to call out one version over the other.

For example, I have the subscription version and haven't seen any stability issues at all. The only issues I've encountered are the new incompatibilities with various AVI clips, specifically lossless ones using HuffYUV and MagicYUV.

That's not to say that the subscription version is otherwise problem-free, only that few of the problems people have been reporting have been universal, and the common threads that connect the problems to specific hardware or PD version are not obvious. More posts from members and further digging into the issues should start to tease them out, though.
tomasc answered first, with basically the same info.

CL only makes the installer files available for for 30 days, and you have the option to pay for the "extended download" option for up to a year. The issue can be avoided entirely if you save the installer on your hard drive, and if you used download (rather than run) when you originally installed PD you should still have the installer in your Downloads folder.

Otherwise, you'll need to contact CL with your proof of purchase.
I don't know what happened to cause PD to get so confused regarding the content of your clips, but the first thing I'd do is clear all the cached files for this project:

You may need to close PD, the re-open it and create a new project before all of the files are available for deletion. Once they're gone, close PD and open it up again and try loading that project again.

If the problem persists, copy all of the timeline content (using the cursor lasso, or typing Ctrl+A) then create a new project and paste the content on the new timeline. Let us know if the problem is resolved or has followed the clip(s) to the new project.
The above link contains malware when you try to download the file. DO NOT CLICK ON IT!

When you're in the Create Disc module and you're ready to produce your video, click on the Burn in 2D button and then choose the following option:

You can then copy the .ISO file to the other computer and simply use File Explorer to copy the file onto the BR disc and burn it. No need for PD14 on the other machine.

Another option would be to pack the project on the first PC and save everything to a USB drive, then plug it into the other computer and burn the disc directly from there.
Quote What are we looking for?

Clues. You've got plenty of drive space available, you have a recent CPU and plenty of memory, and all of that is good. However, it should only take 2-5 minutes tops to extract those .7z files, and there are some hints at deeper issues.

Your Intel GPU video driver is current, but the driver for your nVidia MX150 is a year and a half out of date. Please visit the Dell support page for your Inspiron 7242 and install that driver (it's nmarked urgent on the webpage).

While you're there, I would also strongly recommend that you use the diagnostic tool to see if it can find and repair any problems with Win10. The final items in the DxDiag report show the 10 most recent serious crashes, two of which were blue screen/BSOD/BEX64.

I'm always concerned when I see BSODs caused by Explorer, as that usually points to something being damaged with the OS. If you can't run the Dell diagnostics app, or if it runs but doesn't find any issues, please see this post for two additional commands to run.
I suggest re-enabling the iGPU and rebooting. It will be easy to see if there's a noticeable difference or not.

Also, PD18 now has a UHD preview setting, but unless you've got the preview set to non-real time mode, you'll see some noticeable lag when previewing. Try setting the preview resolution to simply HD and see if that helps. Even my i9-9900K can't smoothly preview 4k 60p clips in UHD resolution, and there's no way a 6-core CPU could do it.
Quote But from what you were saying, I can insert a Mosaic blur on certain parts of clips without having to use the "Motion Tracker" method?

Yes. With all of those in place, simply drag another mosaic FX directly from th FX library onto that clip. When you choose it from the FX list box, you can configure the settings without using the MT tool.

One thing I don't know off the top of my head is what the limit is for the max number of FX per clip. As I mentioned in my last post, you can also add 5 FX tracks under that clip and all of them will be in effect.

It may also help to reconsider all of this work you're looking at.

Rather than trying to place, configure and track all of these blurry objects individually, can you simply expand the size of each blur and get away with only a few in this clip? If not, and you do run up against a hard number limit, go with the produce-at-that-point method I mentioned way back in my 1st reply.
Thanks for posting that. I see two things that might have an impact.

The first is that there's no listing for your i7-8700K's integrated UHD Graphics 630 GPU. Did you intentionally disable it in Device Manager, or in the UEFI/BIOS? I'm asking because there apparently were specific improvements made in PD18 for multiple GPU systems and you might not see any benefit from that if PD is only using your nVidia card.

The other thing that stands out is the number of crashes at the end of the report (the last 10 significant crashes are shown starting with WER). Some are PD-related, while others are from a Dell/Alienware app. I mention this because it's possible that some underlying system issue might be affecting PD, or possibly even using resources when you want PD to have them.

Please take a look at this post for a couple of quick checks/repairs to run.
Those are two different ways of applying an effect. The "manual" method that StevenG shows does in fact use the FX track, and would require an additional track for every FX that you add. (I'm using quotes because "manual" and "automatic" aren't standard PD terms - you have to watch his video to understand the context).

I his video he also shows that he ends the mosaic FX at the end of that clip, which frees up that track to be used again for any following clips. While he doesn't show dragging any FX directly on to a clip, you can also use his "manual" method by doing just that. To change the settings of the FX, click on the affected clip (rather than on the effect on the FX track) and chose the Effect tool above the timeline.

You'll see a box in the top left with that FX along with a checkbox, up/down arrows and a "-" button. If you drag another FX directly onto that same clip from the FX library, that box will change to show both FX. At any point, you can change the order that they're applied to the clip, or you can temporarily disable any of them by unchecking the box on the left.

If you want to permanently remove an FX, click on the "-" button.

If you have a single track of clips, like in your current project, there's no difference between using indivdual FX tracks or dragging the FX directly onto the desired clip(s).

If you're using masks, or PiP objects, or split screens on multple tracks, and you want the FX to apply to all of those clips, then you'd definitely want to use the FX track to do that.

As to whether to use his "manual" method or his "automatic" method which uses the Motion Tracker tool, that's entirely up to you. If the blurred areas are mostly stationary, then placing each blur the "manual" way is straightforward, regardless of whether you drag the FX onto the clip, use a new FX track for each, or any combination of those two. If there's more motion involved, I'd use the Motion Tracker.
Go to: