CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's the exact same technique, but you'd need to apply the freeform adjustments to each individual clip.

You'd probably also want to match the freeform keyframes for all clips in each column so they'd look something like the left side in this jury-rigged project using your screenshot:

Since you have PD365, you can download this packed project from here to see the kinds of freeform settings I used. I simply rotated each of the left side columns in your entire screenshot, whereas you'll want to use freeform keyframes on each clip.
Someone asked almost the same question in the PD19 forum this morning. You won't be able to open the sample project in PD18 but the steps and other suggestions may help.
There are several transitions that do that, but they fade out at the end, so you can use the freeform controls to smoothly rotate your clip in the PiPDesigner or Keyframe tool.

Basically these are the steps:

1. Set the freeform positions at the start of the clip then set another keyframe in the middle

2. To rotate the clip with the left edge moving "away", set the middle freeform positions to 0.5,0.1; 0.5,0; 0.5,0.9; 0.5,1.0

3. Split the clip in half, and apply the Flip Canvas FX to the second half

4. Set the second clip's starting freeform positions to 0.5,0; 0.5,0.1; 0.5,1; 0.5,0.9

Here's what that should look like:

You can download this project and play around with it. You can also drag your actual clips onto the skateboard clip but you'll most like need to adjust the timing and position of the keyframes.
It may be easier to add a second chroma-key just to get rid of the border area. Use slightly different settings to catch the missed areas.
If you click on the "?" at the top right corner of any PD tool, it will bring up the help file for that window.

Here's the one for AudioEditor, although it doesn't explicitly mention the Custom preset. That's actually the last entry on the Preset dropdown list, and the tool will also automatically switch to that if you make any changes to one of the existing presets.

However, the tool doesn't seem to remember the settings if you change to another preset, or if you edit the modifed clip in AudioEditor again. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if it isn't ever meant to retain the custom settings, but it would sure be nice if it did.

The normal way to transfer existing edits on a clip to a new one is to right-click and choose Copy keyframe attributes then right-click on the new clip and choose Paste keyframe attributes.

However, the AudioEditor edits aren't transferred, not even if the audio tracks are unlinked from the video sections first. You may want to make a screenshot of the equalizer so you can match the equilizer controls on another clip.

In older versions of PD that used WaveEditor, the custom settings are retained so this does seem like a bug. Unless someone else posts of a different outcome or workflow, I'll report this issue.
It's normally a simple matter of dragging the control with 5 little dots above the timeline up and down, and the one with 5 vertical dots long the left edge of the preview window as is shown in this short screen recording:

If that doesn't work for any reason, a screenshot or screen recording would help us see your situation and give us a better shot at helping you.
I haven't ried before, but it looks like the only time you can set the project AR is when you create a new project:

Other than manually recreating the entire project from scratch for the new AR, the only other thing I can think of would be to export the project to Cyberlink Cloud or Google Drive and import it into the desktop version. There you're free to change the AR and make the desired changes before producing to the new size.
Quote Thanks for the investigative efforts optodata. I'm wondering if it's something as simple as an individual file size limiter in PhD12?

Unfortunately, my S1H is my only source of such a high res pic so I can't do much comparative testing.

I don't know what the issue might be, but if I convert your high res clip to JPG and keep the pixel size, I can open it in PhD. Same goes if I make a ridiculously large 8X version (24k x 36k pixels, 260MB).

You can download that massive clip from here, and that shows it's not a pixel/canvas size or file size issue - it seems to be something specific with your RW2 clips.
Thanks for the image. I tried opening it in PhD12 and got the same error, then I tried double-clicking on it and the Photos app came up with this message:

I then downloaded Raw Image Extension from the MS Store. but I still got the error in PhD. I also tried dragging & dropping, but no luck.

The usual tool for figuring stuff like this out, MediaInfo, doesn't work for RW2 clips so here's what IrfanView shows:

I think PIX may need to get CL involved to understand why the higher resolution/pixel count is causing this issue.
Quote Should I start a new thread on this issue?

I think this is still related. Can you share a high res image? The Google Drive link you shared last year is no longer active.
Have you updated PhD to the latest version? It should be 12.2.2525.0

I can load RW2 images from the PhotographyBlog site that PIX linked to. This is from the 3rd row of sample RAW images there:

All you need to do is search the forum for "copyright" and you'll find hundreds of posts. Maybe start with this one.
If Barry's suggestion doesn't work, you can install PD9 to get the original SmartSound functionality back. Either way, PD19 will be let you access it from the Plugins menu:

Thanks for the DxDiag results. I see that you have the final release of PD16, which was patched to allow the use of newer nVidia drivers. Your GTX960 is running the latest driver and is in good shape.

However, there are all kinds of apps crashing as shown in the WER0-9 entries at the end, and I suspect that you may have some damage to some of Windows' core files. Try running the two commands shown in this post and see if that helps with system stability.
Thanks, you too!

I've reported the issue on ticket # CS002306387 and I'll post back with any updates.
Andrew, I'm really glad I could help you out! I don't get paid for any of this but I'm happy to lend my time and experience to people here on the forum. It's my way of paying it forward 👍

You had a challenging issue and clearly spent a lot of time before posting to narrow down what you were seeing. Fortunately that work paid off and we found a way to get you out of troubleshooting mode and back into the editing chair.

If you want, I can report the issue to CL to see if they can figure out what's causing the issue. If they can fix it and release a patch, you'll be able to use the Ableton clips directly on the timeline and nobody else will get stuck with this particular mutated/destroyed audio situation.
As I mentioned in my earlier post, this looks like an issue that should be reported to Cyberlink since your computer and mine both show problems after producing the original MP3 file.

As for a workaround, I think you may want to try installing the free K-Lite codec pack as that should update the WindowsMedia codecs on your system. PLEASE make a system image (backup) before installing that so you'll be able to restore your system to its current state if anything goes wrong.

One the K-Lite pack is installed, you may want to reboot just to be sure everything is registered. Next, open PD and see if you can produce your original MP3 clip as WMA with the highest quality option and have it sound clean:

Thanks very much for the DxDiag results. If you look at the very end, you'll see that the 3 most recent crashes (WER0-2) were from PD365. There are also several crashes of Edge and one from 7-Zip, and those often indicate problems with Windows system files.

I think you should first run the commands shown in this post as they may be able to identify and correct the kinds of issues I've described.

As for editing with PD365, your system is pretty old and will struggle with any video beyond HD.

The forum consensus is that we like to see CPUs scoring at least 10,000 on the Passmark CPU benchmark, but yours is only 4.5k. You do have the final GPU driver for your Radeon HD 6570, but that was released 5 years ago and the honest truth is that your system will fall further and further behind as apps get updated and require more features and processing power to run.

If at all possible, my suggestion is to look for pretty much any new or used system that's been built within the past couple of years as that will run circles around your current rig. No need to get the latest and greatest of anything, just something with a 10k+ Passmark score and a decent GPU that is supported by PD.
Quote I have tried a few things. First, I was able to export 24 and 32 bit WAV files from Ableton. Exact same problem in PD. Second, I converted a WAV file to WMA file. Same problem in PD. The original WMA file and produced file are attached. I may/probably misunderstood your advice about using a WMA file. Feel free to elaborate if what I did was wrong.

I'm thinking there is something going on with Ableton but I'm not quite sure what it is. Take a look at what AD shows with your new WAV and produced WMA clips as compared to the original MP3 (top) and PD-produced WAV (bottom) clips:

You may want to use the attached image to see the details clearer. What I see is that the Ableton WAV file contains the same distortion as the PD-produced version, but without the rich harmonics of the original MP3.

Have you downloaded the PD-produced WMA clip I attached in my last post and listened to it?

I've also compared the two WMA versions, and while you chose the same (highest quality) output profile, your system is still using the V8 WM codec while I'm using V9.2. The encoding date is also completely wrong on your system, but I'm not sure what that means.

Note that if you use the Reply to this topic link at the very bottom of the page (instead of clicking on the Reply button), you won't copy all of the previous post's content which can help keep the discussion readable when there are long posts like this one
The best thing to do is to follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag results so we can see the critical technical details of your system.
Go to: