Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video previews okay but plays black on multiple video tracks
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
What could cause a video file to play in preview with no problems, but play black (sound okay) when added to any video track. Like other video files with the same format that work just fine, this file is MP4, H.264 AVC, bitrate 2.04 Mbps, resolution of 720x480, 29.97fps, aspect ratio 3:2, profile is high profile, and frame type is progressive. (prerendering did not help).
Thanks,
Barry
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What could cause a video file to play in preview with no problems, but play black (sound okay) when added to any video track. Like other video files with the same format that work just fine, this file is MP4, H.264 AVC, bitrate 2.04 Mbps, resolution of 720x480, 29.97fps, aspect ratio 3:2, profile is high profile, and frame type is progressive. (prerendering did not help).
Thanks,
Barry

Might try pref > Hardware Acceleration and uncheck hardware decoding.

Jeff
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff,
I optimized again, that did not work. I unchecked hardware acceleration decoding and that did not work either.
I also converted the problem file to avi and wmv and got the same results, previews just fine but once on a video track it play black.
Barry
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That sounds like a codec issue to me. Drag the clip to the MediaInfo website then save the details as a text file and use the forum's Attachments button to share it here.

You can also attach the clip the same way and let other people test it on their systems.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just converted the problem file again using a different converter (to avi) and that seems to have done the trick!
I thank you for the suggestion and replies.
Barry
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ha I guess that was option #3 cool