Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Revert to previous 365 edition?
[Post New]
Any way to do that? This new version is really bad. The "improvements" are a huge step backwards. I use PD becasue it was fast, easy, intuitive, and user friendly. Now it's as big a pain in the ass as DaVinici or any of the Adobe crap. It's lost it's advantage over the other editors, it can only do limited 4:2:2 10 bit, and some of the Canon codecs that have been out for 10 years it still can't work with. This is really frustrating. DaVinici just released 18.5, and even though I HATE having to switch, for projects going forward I'll have to start using it and transitioning away from PD unless there are some serious, and meaningful, improvements with it rather than a stylistic overhaul that trashes workflows.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Unless you made a system image before installing the PD2024 update and can restore your system to that state, the only thing you can do is to contact CL tech support and ask if they can provide you a link to the previous version.
David62277 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2021 12:44 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
If support gives you a way to revert back, please let everyone know!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In the past, they've only done that on a case-by-case basis, so you should also reach out to them directly.

On rare occasions, the moderator will post a link to the wider community but I have no idea if that will happen this time
Sharpo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 06:25 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unless you made a system image before installing the PD2024 update and can restore your system to that state, the only thing you can do is to contact CL tech support and ask if they can provide you a link to the previous version.

I made a similar post a few days ago, but never saw it appear in the forum. That was the same with my crop/rotate post - but fortunately I had a bookmark to that post & replied to my original post & as if by magic it appeared.

Back to this topic, I did an Acronis backup on the 13th and upgraded to 2024 on the 15th. I don't want to risk messing other things up by doing a restore, so put an appropriate question in my "Rate us" comment & also contacted tech support.

Hopefully I may get a reply from one of those two attempts to get back to a better version than this new one.

Will let you all know about any replies I get from Cyberlink.