Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No sound during the first 4-5 seconds of the video
colladom77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2020 09:22 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,

I recently updated to PD 265 (2024) and when I place the clip in the timeline, for some reason, there's no sound for the first 4-5 seconds of the video. Anybody else having this problem?

If so, how do I fix that?

Thanks.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2023 09:03

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I have not seen that.
can you share more details please?
Does the source, the original, have sound? Where does it not play, is that within PD or after exporting.
what are the settings? What output format? Did you try other players and have they the same no sound..
And maybe show us a picture of the timeline with these seconds so that we can give more suggestions?
colladom77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have not seen that.
can you share more details please?
Does the source, the original, have sound? Where does it not play, is that within PD or after exporting.
what are the settings? What output format? Did you try other players and have they the same no sound..
And maybe show us a picture of the timeline with these seconds so that we can give more suggestions?
 Filename
No Sound Clip.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Example of clip with no sound for first 3-4 seconds
 Filesize
10848 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
40 time(s)
colladom77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, and thank you for your response. Attached is an example clip of what I am referring to. The issue arises when I trim the clip (in order for it to start along with the sound). To answer your questions...yes it does have sound and no, I don't have this problem with other players. It was not a problem with the previous version.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You have to use the Attachments button below the text box to share files on the forum. It looks like this:

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You have to use the Attachments button below the text box to share files on the forum. It looks like this:

colladom77 obviously knows how to attach a file as it was done in the post prior.

colladom77, I think the request would be to attach the source video clip for other users to see how it functions. My initial guess, highly variable framerate or simply not properly supported footage. Convert your clip with any viable video convert tool to a basic fixed framerate and see if issue is still present.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2023 09:39