Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 not importing files
bpendrak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2023 21:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I JUST downloaded the latest update. I now cannot import files into the program. I get an error that says either the files are corrupt, not supported, my program isn't registered, or I'm not connected to the internet. None of these is the case as everything worked fine until the newest download. ANy ideas
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you have multiple issues, and the best thing I can suggest is to try uninstalling PD, then reboot and reinstall it.

If the issues persist, you should contact CL tech support directly from their contact page.
roarb [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: Jun 16, 2015 03:08 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I have kind of a similar problem. PD 365. Just out of nowhere, from one day to the next, in a project that worked perfectly also after the latest update October 1st or 2nd, I have two kind of errors:

1. Media Source Error [Error Code 3]:
A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard, or your system may lack required decoding components for this file.....

2. Media Source Error [Error Code 3]:
same as above when I tireds to export/produce file:

"Export unsuccessful. Please ensurer your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player. You can also try to output the production in a different video format".

Fact: graphics card Nividia GeForce RTX 3080 is up to date. System is good enough with 32Gb RAM, and 10GB dedicated video-ram. Windows 11.

I am not using Windows Media player, and if it was an upgrade version available I think it should show up...

I have been using PD since 2015 and I have experienced this kind of problems a few years ago. I am sure there will be a fix, but the question is, why is this happening? This latest software release has caused a lot of trouble.

Quote I JUST downloaded the latest update. I now cannot import files into the program. I get an error that says either the files are corrupt, not supported, my program isn't registered, or I'm not connected to the internet. None of these is the case as everything worked fine until the newest download. ANy ideas

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 07. 2023 04:54

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Again the best thing to do is contact CL tech support as I wrote in my response to OP
bpendrak [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have contacted support and am waiting for their response. I am going to delete and reinstall as suggested. The issue is that my project is now past due because of this. That is why I posted here as I don't have any more time to waste. Just praying reinstallation will correct whatever the update screwed up

Quote It sounds like you have multiple issues, and the best thing I can suggest is to try uninstalling PD, then reboot and reinstall it.

If the issues persist, you should contact CL tech support directly from their contact page.
bpendrak [Avatar]
[Post New]
Reinstalling did not work. Is there a way to roll back to the previous version... I'm sure there is not, but I have to get this project completed ASAP. They aren't going to get back to me until sometime Monday, at best, which is going to cost me money. frowninnocent

Quote It sounds like you have multiple issues, and the best thing I can suggest is to try uninstalling PD, then reboot and reinstall it.

bpendrak [Avatar]
[Post New]
In looking at a facebook page, I found a link to rollback to a previous version
I can't seem to post it here. If I can find a way to send it privately, I will do so in a minute

Quote I have kind of a similar problem. PD 365. Just out of nowhere, from one day to the next, in a project that worked perfectly also after the latest update October 1st or 2nd, I have two kind of errors:

1. Media Source Error [Error Code 3]:
A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard, or your system may lack required decoding components for this file.....

2. Media Source Error [Error Code 3]:
same as above when I tireds to export/produce file:

"Export unsuccessful. Please ensurer your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player. You can also try to output the production in a different video format".

Fact: graphics card Nividia GeForce RTX 3080 is up to date. System is good enough with 32Gb RAM, and 10GB dedicated video-ram. Windows 11.

I am not using Windows Media player, and if it was an upgrade version available I think it should show up...

I have been using PD since 2015 and I have experienced this kind of problems a few years ago. I am sure there will be a fix, but the question is, why is this happening? This latest software release has caused a lot of trouble.

Kathleen1957 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2017 23:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I too have the same issues. The update removed the downloads that I had previously made. We are paying for something that is broken and I think rather than the customer uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. etc. the company should create a quick fix to get this mess cleaned up. I think in the long run, customers will be lost if this isn't taken care of soon, me being one of them

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2023 02:03

PrinceJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2023 02:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Same issue. So frustrating. I have spent the whole day trying to find the issue with my internet and then with my files. I was able to use all of this up until yesterday and then boom all gone.