Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slow Motion from High FPS Not Rendering Properly
Aaron407 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2023 20:55 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I recently updated to the 2024 release (V. 22.0.2121.0) and have been getting used to all of the changes. One issue I've encountered, though, is that reducing the video speed from a high fps file does not seem to sample all of the frames when rendering when the Fast video rendering is turned on. It looks good in the preview, though.

For example, I have some 4k60 videos in my timeline. I use the Video Speed Designer to set them to have a 0.500 speed multiplier. When I play back the "elongated" videos in the preview, it looks nice and smooth at 30 fps. However, those clips look to be dropped down to 15 fps in the rendered file, even though the output is set to 30 fps. The same issue arises when outputting at 60 fps.

Is this a known issue? One workaround is to disable the 'Fast video rendering technology'/'Intel Quick Sync Video' option, but that presumably slows things down. I'm ok with that if need be, but I don't want to be sacrificing rendering speed unnecessarily.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Make sure you have the latest Intel driver, otherwise proceed with CPU-only producing and be sure to let CL know about the issue directly. You can reach them here.

They'll want to see the DxDiag test results as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide. You can attach them here as well if you'd like more help from the forum while you're waiting for a response from tech support.
Aaron407 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2023 20:55 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the feedback. I've updated both the Intel driver and PowerDirector, which had a new update as of this morning. Unfortunately, there was no change. I've attached the DxDiag output, and I'll reach out to Cyberlink support directly with the information as well.
 Filename
DxDiag_2023-10-02.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
145 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
58 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting the details. I see that both the CL App Manager and RichVideo64 apps have crashed numerous times and I assume the people at CL will be able to understand why.

You might want to try the two commands in this post to see if there are any Windows system errors that might be causing some of the trouble.