Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Time Stamp Mask Feature Gone
Richard Hinkle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2023 08:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tend to create a lot of countdown timers for the start of events. I have always used the Time Stamp effect.

Previously, within the Time Stamp effect settings, there was a Mask option, where I could remove the "frames" part of the time stamp. This allows me to just show the MM:SS on the count down timer.

With the lastest version of PowerDirector 365 (2024), the Mask feature is no longer a part of the Time Stamp effect.

Can someone offer a solution on how to hide the "frames" part of the time stamp? (MM:SS:FF)

In a pinch, I duplicated the track I had added the time stamp effect to, removed the occurance of the time stamp on the new track, and then applied a Mask to the new track to put a box over the FF. This seems like "running a steam roller over an ant hill" to fix the problem. Probably significantly slowed down the render as well.

Just looking for a quick and tidy way to mask the Time Stamp, like it was was before the latest update.

Thanks!
Rich

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2023 10:43

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Your approach is fine and shouldn't have much of an impact on the rendering time. Another option would be to place the timer at the right edge of the screen so the FF and preceding separator character are offscreen.

If you have any of the older NewBlue FX Essentials packs installed, the NewBlue Time Clock is much more flexible as it lets you choose which elements you want displayed. I don''t think I've ever used CL's version, and here's the lower page of the NBFX controls:

The final option is to add your voice to the others requesting that the text masking feature be reinstated and/or to modify the drop-down list for the Time Clock FX digits to include options without frames. Use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from the File menu.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2023 00:19

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Your approach is fine and shouldn't have much of an impact on the rendering time.

Richard Hinkle, your approach could have a significant effect on rendering time. Effect will be very dependent on source material and your platform with PD2024 so hard to give a valid estimate, some content/platforms could be 2X or more. You could get a feel of impact with your content and export settings by producing with your 2 track mask approach and comparing export time to a single track with timestamp (realizing you don't get the mask effect on timestamp you desire) but a reasonable back to back rendering time effect estimate.

Another less rendering time impact option would be to put a color board, maybe red to highlight your countdown, sized to just cover up the FF and then another the same size in front MM so it looks planned vs a hack.

Really a massive step backwards. This and many other changes makes using older pds files a real challenge.

Jeff
Richard Hinkle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2023 08:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your suggestions. I will send the request as suggested.

Rich