Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote HOW TO AVOID BORDER´S MASKING VIBRATIONS. See enclosed file

Andres

I found that the background (behind the person) of your video is shot in a relatively messy scene.

It is expected that the mask area you selected on the person will work in vibration because of the motion nature of the video.

The professional shooting setup for this kind of background removal and keying scenario will use green curtain at the scene, and then use chroma key feature to key the background out in post-production phase.

I'm afraid there is not much you can do to remove the background in a better way for the video you currently use.
I just tried it out.
It looks like there is no such options when taking snapshots.
You may contact cyberlink to add the feature.
Quote Hello. I've been using Youcam 10 for a couple months now, and just about every time it starts up it is set to its lowest resolution or 720p and I have to manually change it. Sometimes I'm locked out of changing it. Not sure if it depends on whether I'm on Teams or Zoom or Zoho. But if I shut Youcam down and restart usually I can edit the resolution. Super annoying. All the other settings seem to retain, just not the resolution.

I'm recently using Zoho Meetings more often, and this platform is browser based. However most times if Youcam is already running, I get a dark green screen and no video. I need to close out Youcam services via task manager, join the zoho meeting, then load Youcam back up, readjust the resolution, then it will work. This requires a couple minutes just about every time I need to join zoho.

Is there a Chrome browser setting? permissions maybe? Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

I consider the webcam video resolution that operated in those popular meeting services like Zoom or Teams is not 720p at all because they have to maximize the video smoothness when streaming online meeting in real time.
It is not possible to use other software like Youcam to fully override the video resolution. An additoinal adjustment won't bring you real 720p videos to your audience either on the streaming.

For webcam video occupying condition, you can try right clicking on the youcam widget in Windows desktop tray and disable it to launch when Windows startup.
Quote Hello

I bought the Power DVD recently and i have faced a coulple of issues with it

1. iso file conversion
2. linking to the service.
i also wanted help in streamin iso files from my laptop to apple play or chromecast

PowerDVD app is also unable to locate the program over wifi
Power DVD remote app for android not detecting it as well

Thanks
According to the error messages, did you set your system time correctly in the Windows for your locale?
Are you using genuine version of Windows?It seems either the time in your system is not correctly set or the internet connection of powerdvd got blocked in your system that caused the features cannot run further.

I also have doubt about that whether an ISO disk image can be "converted" to other formats in powerdvd.

By the way, BD/DVD folders or the discs (and the ISO) cannot be streamed via powerdvd. It is old design. And, the previous powerdvd remote app does not support new powerdvd.
I remembered that the old app support has been removed couple years ago since previous powerdvd version.
Quote New computer with new download of Power2Go 13. When attempting to edit a clip (usually mp4) or preview a video to burn to DVD/BluRay there is no audio. If I burn the DVD, there is audio on playback but I can't listen to the project prior to burning. Audio in the computer works fine. Has anyone seen this before?
Is the audio that encoded in your source video file compatible in power2go? I consider the DTS audio is not supported to preview or decode in power2go. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24292 Or, you can provide your video to cyberlink to let them help you check out:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html
I found the "Watermark Creator" has the auto options to print copyright claim, date, camera name, aperture, etc., but no serials.
The advanced export dialog supports the option to name the files with serials on export.

fyi
Quote Hi

I recently upgraded from PD 12 to 14 (not the 365 subscription) and it seems all the overlays etc I had previously donloaded from Director Zone are no longer available to me and there is also no link to download more as there was in the previous version. Before hen I had updated I didn't have to do anything, all the downloads were automatically there.

Am I missing something? I found the standard included ones under Guided/Decorations but no way to be able to include the previous ones.

Thanks for any help.

Bronwyn

For Overlays, I consider photodirector has shown all the available templates under each category/tab (Grunge, Lens Flare, etc.) of the Overlay tool panel with the "thumbnails" from directorzone website:
https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/phd/OVERLAY/#OVERLAY_-1_downloadCount_0_ALL_WORLDWIDE_thumb_1

Just select a template to use it on demand.
The step is quite easier than previous versions that need to download and install the templates separately in advance.

For other templates you've mentioned, they might be listed the same way above.
Quote I have a iMac and see I can install WINDOWS 10 on it. as 365 has more features on Windows OS than Mac OS it might make sense for me to purchase a Windows version of PD when my yearly subscription is for renewal.

So my question is, has anyone done this, and if so does PD run smoothly on A WIndows OS on the iMac ?

I consider that a Windows PC is still a much better choice to install powerdirector windows version, the second option is BootCamp on Mac, but it is still not a good option because the bootcamp driver compatibility is not well to give you a "smooth" experience.
Quote How do I delete history/recently viewed? in PowerDVD 22 - ultra.

There is no options to delete the history one by one, you can directly hide the sections via the options in settings > UI customization > Media Panel > Homepage.
"The raw drone footage (4K 30fps MP4)" could be encoded in a broad range of encoding format combination.

If you re-exported the video via powerdirector, the produced video is already in a new format. I'm wondering if it is still the case that drone video clips are not played on chromecast.

Can you cast other non-drone videos from powerdvd to your chromecast?
What kind of error or problem you saw when you started the casting.
I'm not sure what kind of video you've imported in motion tracker.
At least, the object that the motion is not drastic in the sample video I tried was tracked well in powerdirector. But, I do notice the "jitter" motion more or less on the text, which I added to follow the tracked object.

The best way to help cyberlink improve the quality of the AI motion tracking, you might just provide them with your videos to feed their AI engine and machine learning further.

FYI
It's interesting that a custom H.264 profile you specifically created might trigger the error when you were producing projects.

Are you still able to reproduce the same error by selecting or creating the same custom profile now?
If the error is easily reproducible with the same custom profile again, you may consider reporting this to their support service:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

The findings might help them investigate and fix the glitch precisely in new versions.
Quote Hello,
I've seen some similar topics, but none of them could solve my problem.
I have a new laptop with quite solid specs - build on Ryzen 5 and GTX 3050.
When I edit using PD365 my CPU utilisation is unacceptable at 100%, when GPU is only 14%.
I don't understand why PD doesn't prioritise GPU over CPU.
I tested it with Filmora and the competition software usage is GPU: 84%, CPU:37%. This is my goal for PD365.

Anyway, I found some useful tips online including Malek from PowerDirector University.

My internal GPU is disabled.

The latest drivers installed

I Added PD to the Hardware-accelerated GPU

Have tried to add my GPU as the preferred graphics processor in the Nvidia setting, but it's greyed out. I believe that's the main issue. All programs run by the dedicated GPU now, but not the Cyberlink family. Still shows as integrated GPU is used. No idea why. It's disabled.

Power Director reinstalled a couple of times, registry cleared so fresh installation.

I'm running out of options.

AFAIK, the color tuning, video speed, and the most of tools in Fix Enhance are CPU intensive in powerdirector. It has nothing to do with whether you use the GPU accleration option or not.

The editing performance will be largely improved if you installed a high end CPU.
Quote With PowerDVD 22.0.2415.62 receving disc playback errors on Intel UHD Graphics 770 (attached photos, 2nd error also occurs when HDR is turned off) -- any timeline for graphics driver support?

Were you trying to play a 4k Blu-ray in HDR mode?
To play 4K Blu-ray's HDR content, the Windows HDR settings is advised to turned off by cyberlink. They've mentioned this in their FAQ specifically:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24166

And, Intel UHD Graphic 770 is emdedded in Intel 12th generation or above new CPU series that does not support DRM video playback of 4K blu-rays at all due to the Intel SGX feature has been removed by Intel directly. You can refer to the top post on forum:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85973.page

If it is the case, your platform is not compatible with 4k blu-ray movie playback on the hardware perspective.

If the disc you played is a 1080p Blu-ray, make sure you are using HDCP compatible setup (HDMI/DP cable) for your monitor.
Or, it is the time you should contact cyberlink support team directly: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html.
Quote Why are they still selling it, if it is "NOT COMPATIBLE" with windows 11 64bit systems????

It is not difficult to understand why cyberlink does not release a new version of power2go to support new platforms as there are much fewer users using physical discs to store media nowadays.

There is new powerdirector version supports authoring video discs in Windows 11 if you really need one from them.
If you only need to produce file discs or mount disk images, Windows 11 supports the file disc burning and ISO disk image mounting features via the Windows file browser directly. You don't have to install any other tools additionally.

And, last but not the least, you still have many other freeware options out there.
Quote I just tried to use PowerDirector for Mac in China, but it seems that for some reason the download speed is close to nothing here. I first tried downloading the application manager (23 MB), which took like an hour and needed to be updated directly, which took the whole night.

In the morning it was updated an I tried to download PowerDirector 365 via the application manager, but after more than 2 hours it was still at 0%. Yesterday I already tried to download the application without the application manager with a similar result (4 MB after a few hours). So I gave up, decided to go without the sweet 25% off deal from the website and download the application from the App Store, which took like 5 minutes tops. With this version I cannot use my already bought license, but anyway - at least I can refund it within 30 days. So I bought the yearly membership in the app store just to find out that none of the resources within the app can be downloaded. None of the the transitions, none of the effects, nothing but the few pre-installed ones (well they can, but it takes like a million years to download them - my thunder overlay is at 44 % now after 20 minutes).

Has someone ever tried to use PowerDirector from China? Some ideas how it might work? Using a vpn is unfortunately not the answer (at least not to Singapore).

As far as I know, the GFW already beats VPN down even though lots of VPN services were able to re-route the browsing to many oversea services out of China previously.

The blocking of GFW changes dynamically from time to time, and the VPN connection is very unstable in China currently.

It might have nothing to do with the geo location of the VPN server you connected.
VPN is no longer a guarantee to work around the blocking of Internet connection.

To use those overseas subscription services, try some other GFW cracking ways like shadowsocks or v2ray.
It is surprising that you've found the program conflict is from a nero tool, and I believe it has taken you large amont of time to rule out all the possible causes on your PC.
But, I might consider this thing from a different perspective.
I won't just say the support is wrong if they suggested you check this concern with your BD drive vendor.
Who knows (may be God knows?) which the culpit is that caused this error on your PC?

For what you described, I would assume that nero backitup might have access to your BD drive at foreground or background that could break the playback process of BD movie in powerdvd.
And, I don't think cyberlink is responsible for the compatibility with nero's software as they are competitors for each other in some perspective.

In this case, it seems powerdvd does not corrupt nero backitup, but on the contrary nero does.
And, it is too early to tell which company made their program wrong as we are not the developers of cyberlink or nero's software.
So, neither do I have expectation they will "fix" this conflict.
Quote Thanks, but ah, no. That tool works like a bad toy. Even in my old Corel Paint 6 (1995) their tools have better control, tweaks and accuracy.

Ultimately, and prior to your reply, I did end up using that selection tool in PhotoD. But, there aren't even any tweaks to HOW it selects and it does it so poorly - that I ended up having to use the mouse and a tablet for over an hour+ to try and tweak the huge, as well as fine edges on a very selection friendly image....which also revealed how averaging those tools are as well.

Sadly, its not PhotoShop, and I get that. Even using the tablet while zoomed in, you can't dynamically scroll your image - at all, and there arent even any scroll bars!!!!????!!!!! You literally have to STOP working, click off that tool, select zoom and hand repositioning... and THEN go back into the selection tools where you have to RE-ELECT your settings because they reset on you each time. And - - - - if you happen to MISS the (+/ selection becasue you're concentrating on the effort at hand, wellllllllll - you get the point.

Anyway, I was just asking. I just didn't realize just how basic (averaging) all the tools in all the modules were from paint (shadows, outlines and glows), to audio and video. You cannot even copy image effects in PowerD from clip to clip. You literally have to write down settings (attributes) for each effect, then manually add those effects to EVERY CLIP, and THEN go in to set the attributess in every one of them!!!! And if you have 100 clips? Wow.

But even basic tools lack - for instance you can't even set preferences for SAVING to that of "Same As Project" much less increment your own frame grabs and with timecode. In the end, from my perspective and the more I try, the tools are just punk from a production standpoint, pretty much across the board. Fantastic for one-off for playtime, but not for serious producers.

So.... despite hopes for a less costly but useful product, I either have to live with it, or pay the price for better.

Again, thanks for your time.

It seems you hate photodirector or cyberlink solutions pretty much.

What I understood that photodirector is not "photoshop" at all but more like lightroom.
Yep, Cyberlink does and add some layer editing features in it to have some advantages that you might take in other photo creation tools.

It's fine to use it like photoshop or corel paint or coreldraw (but no vector editing), but it is still not photoshop or paint as what you've just realized.

For the zoom and select control, the following steps might help you not to close the selection tool, but still sble to adjust zooming or pan the preview on the canvas freely.

Just click the [Hand] button (it is located by the zoom option on the preview control bar) on top of the canvas in the Edit room.
When the [Hand] is enabled, you can pan the preview area on zoomed image. Click the button again can disable the panning mode.

The select area tool would keep its status at all time when you are panning or zooming the preview to check your selection.

By the way, I always use ctrl + mouse wheel combination to zoom in/out the preview, but never select the zooming via the zoom dropdown option. The hotkey is more convenient to contorl the zooming.

It always takes certain time to learn new editing tools, but you can absolutely hate all the design that not act like your favorite corel or adobe software. However, you might have no second choice now and ever if you keeps thinking that way that other software that does not act like corel or adobe solution is soooooooo not professional.

In fact, in the professional domain, if you don't use adobe solution or corel solution (coreldraw for vector image), you cannot even do business with others. It will be another story.
Quote Audio Director 365, Power Director 365, Windows 10 Home.
I produced a video and due to not understanding Audio Director (and things just didn't seem to work right) or sound terms, I had trouble adjusting the volume evenly across all clips. Due to time constraints I produced the video. I then found a mistake in it that had to be fixed so dropped the PRODUCED vid back back into PD 365 as a new project, fixed the issue and with AD 365 was able to even out the volume across the entire video. It was easier than reopening the old project and trying to mess with the sound on all 5 clips again.

Here's the problem. In one segment, (due to not having ability here to do voice over on my PC) when I first recorded that clip, I narrated the particular clip behind the camera but (not thinking) while standing off to one side, so the left channel ended up fainter than the right. When listening to the clip, it sounds like it dropped to mono unless you take out the right channel, then you can hear the left channel but lower volume. I was able to find where to see both channels and the wave from in that segment is obviously lower but I can't find how to adjust just the left channel of that about 90 second part of the video. Search says to "use the volume keys" but not how, what, or where they are! YouTube vids have been no help. What is the easiest way to do this?

Clear as mud? Sorry for that.

In audiodirector, you can pan the audio from left to right channel or right to left channel.

If the sound of the right channel of your audio clip is apprently brighter, try panning the audio to left channel more.
By pressing the Ctrl key and hold the left click on your mouse to pan audio, it will create an audio keyframe to pan audio on certian segment but not on the entire clip.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/audiodirector/13/enu/06_14_00_panning_audio_l_r.html

See if this helps.
Quote I have the PD 18 that I purchased and I have PD365 and it seems like the PD 18 is faster at rendering even though I did optimize process

I have the Nvidia 3090 Ti which is one of the highest end graphics cards out there as well

have others noticed PD365 being slower ?

I didn't notice there are any apparent slower condition in the new powerdirector version when I'm exporting projects.
There might be no significant rendering speed improvement but lots of new editing features for titles and stock content support are the hinge in the new powerdirector version.

You may also contact cyberlink support to check what was going on for your project if the rendering speed is largely different between powerdirecotr 18 and new version.
Quote I searched for hardware-related questions but didn't see any. I built my i7-4790 based system several years ago and am thinking about an upgrade. I"m hitting 100% at points during rendering so I plan on a new system because I've maxed out this motherboard. My graphics card - Nvidia GTX 980 - needs an update as well. I often process 4K video so the system has to handle that. Don't want to buy too much higher than my need. Not going to be processing video higher than 4K. I also drive 3 screens - 2 4K and 1 1080p - using TDAmeritrade's Thinkorswim stock trading software and usually have 10 charting windows open at once. The number of choices is a little daunting. I'm hardware agnostic. Any suggestions? Oh, and I have the 365 Director Suite subscription that is up to date. Thanks.

I think your Maxwell NV GPU is really out of date and definitely not enough for 4K gaming or video editing.
It might be OK for 4K video playback though.

The price of NVIDIA GPU has dropped significantly, and the prevoius 20 series has ceased shipping by NVIDIA already.
If you are going to puchase a new PC for editing 4K videos, you may consider 30 series or above directly.
But, the latest 40 series might still be too expensive.

RAM size is also very important for processing 4K videos. 16 GB is the minimum, and 32 GB or above is receommended (no matter you chose DDR4 or DDR5).

By the way, the new 12th generation Intel CPU has quite good reputation for its performance improvement over all previous generations. You should also consider the upgrade on CPU as well.

Your i7-4790 has released for nearly a decade and not even capable than the new and low end Intel 12th core i3.
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-4790-vs-Intel-Core-i3-12100/2293vs4126

For more information, you can consult your PC vendors for what they have now or it might need you to wait for the arrival.
Go to: