Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoho Meetings and Default Resolution
SubNRG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 09, 2022 12:29 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I've been using Youcam 10 for a couple months now, and just about every time it starts up it is set to its lowest resolution or 720p and I have to manually change it. Sometimes I'm locked out of changing it. Not sure if it depends on whether I'm on Teams or Zoom or Zoho. But if I shut Youcam down and restart usually I can edit the resolution. Super annoying. All the other settings seem to retain, just not the resolution.

I'm recently using Zoho Meetings more often, and this platform is browser based. However most times if Youcam is already running, I get a dark green screen and no video. I need to close out Youcam services via task manager, join the zoho meeting, then load Youcam back up, readjust the resolution, then it will work. This requires a couple minutes just about every time I need to join zoho.

Is there a Chrome browser setting? permissions maybe? Any help would be appreciated.

Jon
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello. I've been using Youcam 10 for a couple months now, and just about every time it starts up it is set to its lowest resolution or 720p and I have to manually change it. Sometimes I'm locked out of changing it. Not sure if it depends on whether I'm on Teams or Zoom or Zoho. But if I shut Youcam down and restart usually I can edit the resolution. Super annoying. All the other settings seem to retain, just not the resolution.

I'm recently using Zoho Meetings more often, and this platform is browser based. However most times if Youcam is already running, I get a dark green screen and no video. I need to close out Youcam services via task manager, join the zoho meeting, then load Youcam back up, readjust the resolution, then it will work. This requires a couple minutes just about every time I need to join zoho.

Is there a Chrome browser setting? permissions maybe? Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

I consider the webcam video resolution that operated in those popular meeting services like Zoom or Teams is not 720p at all because they have to maximize the video smoothness when streaming online meeting in real time.
It is not possible to use other software like Youcam to fully override the video resolution. An additoinal adjustment won't bring you real 720p videos to your audience either on the streaming.

For webcam video occupying condition, you can try right clicking on the youcam widget in Windows desktop tray and disable it to launch when Windows startup.