CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It looks like an unspecified error message when detecting if the Intel SGX feature runs normally on your PC.
I don't think this BIOS and hardware related issue can be easily resolved by normal end users or software vendors (CyberLink).

To save your precious time, contact your motherboard manufacturers and ask them to investigathe the Intel SGX issue directly.
For file assocication, go to Windows settings > Apps > Default apps page > Select "Set default by apps" or other options comprehensively to try the configuration.
If the player doesn't show up on Windows for the file extension, ask your PC manufacturer for assitance to reinstall the preinstalled OEM version software (Media Player 14).

For the synchronization, did you enable any feature to load files from your OneDrive in Media Player 14?

OneDrive's synchronization is controlled by OneDrive app on Windows but not the software player.

If any programs access the files from the OneDrive's folder, it is expected the cloud stroage's synchronization might start accordingly. It has nothing to do with player feature.

Either adjust the synchronization setting in your OneDrive app, or remove the OneDrive or media folder to show up in the Media Player settings. You can also uninstall OneDrive apps on Windows if you didn't use it at all.
VLC seems to play the movie without stutters.
It's great, but what if it does not play the movies in actual 24p but all frames are re-aligned to the screen refresh rate? It means the playback in VLC already lose the advantage you tried to achieve by setting the screen refresh rate to 23 Hz.

If you are playing 24p movie discs, just let poweredvd manage your screen refresh rate, but not set it manually on Windows or the GPU tool. For video file playback, powerdvd will not alternate your screen refresh rate to be consistent with your video file, but just let the GPU and monitor display the decoded video frames.

And, you might not know the actual frame rate of your movie if it is actually encoded in 23, 23.976, or 24 fps, however they might be all labeled as 24p on the box.

It is technically not possible to display a "0.976" frame on the screen, and all frames would get shifted (but not equally shifted) within a second to construct the 23.976 frame rate in average.
How a monitor refresh the screen in 23.976 Hz is less likely to be identical to how a video got encoded in 23.976 frames per second.
It means no 100% perfectness is possible when playing such content on a "23.976 Hz" display device.

I can understand but not agree there are some users who extremely care about the consistency between the frame rate and screen refresh rate.
It is not a good or comfortable way to enjoy movies, but just watch and examine pixels on the monitors.

An ancient topic regarding complicated 23 Hz and 24 Hz setup, pretty boring.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/92357/can-39-t-choose-23hz-in-nvidia-control-panel-can-only-select-24hz-or-60hz/
I used MediaInfo and found the original clip (test.mp4) you shared is encoded in 10K fps (it is in dynamic fps and the maximum frame rate is 10K).

As what you said "New phone, new problem", did your new phone really record the 4k 60p video properly?

If a video contains 10k frames a second and the resolution is in 4K, I'm not surprised it will be laggy and uneditable in a video editor. Even though it can be edited in other video editors, it cannot explain and proof that your source video file is a fine one.

Have you ever contacted your phone vendor to clarify this technical issue?
It does not encode video properly with correct video metadata.
The software that installed and activated via Steam platform might be different from the non-Steam versions.

Contact their customer support for your concern.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html
The info you provided is very limited.
I can only guess and give some general advice here.

Is your CPU or GPU an ancient one that released nearly or over 10 years, and you still use the legacy hardware on current Windows 10 OS to run any video programs?

If it is not the case, did you apply any additional overclocking plugin to alternate the GPU processing on your PC?
The webcam video effects are mainly processed by your computing units.

Disable or uninstall GPU overclocking tools directly, reboot Windows, and then try the enhancement features in youcam again.

You can also contact cyberlink support team to look into your case.
Have you ever tried and uninstalled powerdvd with removing all library and personal settings?

After uninstalled the program competely, reinstall and re-import the TV show folder in TV library to check again.
The estimated file size has nothing to do with your original video files size.
It is mainly affected by the total time length of the video files you added to the video disc project.
The longer video you added, the estimated file size is bigger.

It is not an "issue" that requires a fix in the program.

Here are my personal experience for guys who love burning every video files to video disc as backup or collections.

If you burn videos to a DVD-Video disc, the resolution of all the videos will be downsampled to 480P, and the video encoding format will be converted to MPEG-2 encoding format, which the compression rate of MPEG-2 format is much lower than the popular H.264 or H.265 video encoding.

Simply speaking, you will get a much bigger file size after the video conversion (against your original video files), and the quality will be much worse if your video files original resolution is greater than 480P.

In fact, DVD disc is no longer an appropriate media for your video collections if you recorded them by HD or 4K camcorders nowadays.

Because of this, I'm really not a fan of DVD video disc or Blu-ray disc (that the maximum video resolution has 1080p limitation as well). I play my video collections on PC, smart phone, and TV box/dongle instead as it reserves the video quality as much as possible, and it has optimized playback flexibility.

Anyway, try use Smart Fit profile to burn your videos to DVD video disc, but the tradeoff is that you will get pretty suck video quality if the total time length of your video files is very long.
I remember that it would only pop up if you are trying to use your mouse to click on the movie menu or use mouse to click on the playback screen.
The movie content does not support using mouse to select playback options that offered by the movie itself. A Keyboard or the "More functions" window can do the selection though.

Does your remote control have mouse pointer or other related features?
The mouse feature of your remote control might also trigger the "More functions" panel pop up to let you use mouse controlling the playback.
I've tried it on my 720P webcam, and set it to capture in 480P.
The resolution setting keeps sticked in 480P whenever I launch youcam.

Did your webcam device get re-connected or instably cold reboot whenever a webcam program access it?
You might not notice it as there will be no explicit error message and all the processes operate at background.
It could be a probable cause that the capture resolution always reset to default (highest one) after you re-launch youcam.
My DVDs are all played fine in powerdvd.

If there are only certain DVDs not playing, try the playback 1with another DVD drive.

Or, contact cyberlink support for help with the error you received and other related information
If your Blu-ray 3D does not contain 2D version for 2D playback specifically, powerdvd 20 cannot play the 3D video in 2D.

If it has a 2D entry, which is select-able on the movie menu, I'm not sure what blue screen or error you saw.
Please clarify it further.
powerdvd 20 does not have 3d playback feature.
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82034.page
Quote when I insert cover art in jpg format saved in same directory as film in mp4 format it works however when I reopen Power dvd the art work has gone ??

powerdvd's cover art that shown in its movie library is not what you embeded in a MP4 file.
It is from moovielive online movie database, or you add manually using powerdvd's cover art feature (right click on the movie you imported in the library to set custom cover art). The cover art does not require to save in same directory. You can select one from any other folders on your hard drive.
I still suggest you try reinstall powerdvd in the Windows safe mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If it doesn't work either in the safe mode, contact cyberlink in their support center to get further helps.
Quote I have recently upgraded to PowerDVD 20. I have a mix of HDR movies. Those in HDR10 play without issue, but those in Dolby Vision (single stream mp4) play sound but no picture. I understand that PDVD doesn't play Dolby Vision, but I am sure these titles showed a picture before.

The FAQ text below also indicates a picture should appear (albeit in SDR). Is there a setting to chnage or a codec to install to address this or do Dolby Vision no longer play a picture at all?

There are several HDR technologies (e.g. HDR 10, Dolby Vision) on the market, and PowerDVD 19 currently supports the HDR playback on HDR 10 encoded videos. Other HDR encoded videos will be played in SDR mode instead.

I suggest you disable the Windows HD Color (the HDR display setting on Windows), and then play your video (which is encoded with Dolby Vision HDR) to check if the playback goes in SDR.

The Windows HDR setting might trigger the playback to display in HDR mode, but Dolby Vision is not supported in powerdvd anyway.
Quote 1) Is the best procdure to uninstall the older version first, then, installing PowerDVD 20? OR do you install PDVD 20 while the older version is still installed?

2) How do I keep my existing libraries? Is there a way? As I have some custom movie/album covers.

3) do I need ANY other software to make sure PDVD 20 plays everyting? (Power2Go?? any add-ins?)

thanks

You can directly install the new powerdvd version without uninstalling the previous versions first if your purchased license is not an upgrade but full one.

I remembered that when you launch powerdvd first time after installed, the first launch wizard will ask you if you want to import the library settings that you set in previous powerdvd versions. The library transfer function would work if you didn't select the option to remove your personal settings while you uninstalled the previous powerdvd versions.

And, as far as I can tell, powerdvd 20 cannot play everything. (i.e. 3D video feature has been removed).
I've never heard there are any plugins can effectively enable powerdvd play unsupported files after the plugins installed.

Refer to the product page to see the supported foramts of this version:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html

To play movie discs, it might require additional setup to proceed the DRM playback, but I think the requirement is not "plugin", either.
It seems you knew that pretty well that Covid-19 ate your homework, and Covid-19 won't eat cyberlink's homework because you have PAID to cyberlink.
Cyberlink already has your money to protect them from the covid-19's impacts, and completely won't be impacted by covid-19 because the money you paid to them has magic and medical power to build the protection. Your money is more powerful than a doctor and medicine I guess.

Yep, you have your right to file a complaint to BBB, and BBB definitely has a way to resolve the issue you received in cyberlink program as BBB has no.1 engineering team in the world.
Everybody should be taught how to file a complaint, then things will be fixed right away by filing complaints.

Let's go and file many complaints then everything will be done. It sounds very easy and wonderful.

Being a contributor user here for a long time, I have seen many guys like you love making things aggresive and nasty just because you have received certain issues that others didn't after you purchased the program with couple bucks.

For the prorgram issue you got, if the problem got resolved temporarily after adjusted some settings on Windows, then broke the other day, it is suspected that the issue might not be caused by cyberlink youcam but something else on your PC as youcam doesn't change a bit or update the program recently.

If it is the case, who should be blamed?

If you really need a refund, you can apply refund after you purchased within 30 days without filing any complaints.
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16356
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24742

But, I believe it's not you wanna do.
What you really need is grab someone for blaming and find a place to put your anger on.

BTW, I can record audio using youcam 9 normally on my window 10 laptop. fyr.
Blu-ray movie's audio is also DRM protected.
I don't think you can add lots of custom adjustments on the audio part successfully out of the software player.
Don't even try to alternate the video or the audio configuration while the DRM content is exactly playing. It will corrupt the DRM status.

I believe the exclusive mode you see in the powerdvd is WASAPI mode. No need to turn it on in most of situations.

Which speaker set is connected to your PC, 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel?
What is your audio connection type? (ie S/PDIF, AUX, HDMI, etc.)

As you mentioned that no sound is played at the side speakers (nearly mute), I suggest you un-tick the truetheater audio enhancement on the truetheater panel (it is at where you disable the TrueTheater video effects), and then check the audio playback condition in powerdvd.
Quote I have add music, photo and video folders sited on a NAS drive to my media library and they had populated each of the media sections. So far so good. I had been over the last week or so adding album covers to my music where needed.
Yesterday I had connected my laptop to a powerline to get a faster connection and opened Powerdvd and the library was not available due to not connected to the NAS network line. So I disconnected this and connected to the NAS network line and on opening up Powerdvd the media sections for music and photos are missing, video ok.

Any thoughts?

poewrdvd's library does not hold your photo or music files actually otherwise you will need double storage space on your local hard drive to save media files from network drive after every import. the library would just create virtual links to your files after import.

If your files were on network drive but the connection has ever reset or lost once, it is expected the imported files will get lost in the library. And, if the drive letter changed on NAS (ie D:\ changed to E:\) in the window file explorer, the file mapping will drop in powerdvd library as well because the file paths have changed.

Map your network drive in Windows file explorer first to get a virtual drive letter before importing any files to powerdvd media library.
Re-import the photo or music files from scratch again.
Go to: