CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Intel plans to to drop SGX support from its 11th Gen desktop processor lineup, in favor of its full memory encryption implementation (TME/MKTME).

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/02/intel-promises-full-memory-encryption-in-upcoming-cpus/

So how will we now play our 4K Blu-Rays if we're using an 11th Gen Intel system?

CyberLink PowerDVD 20 requires an Intel processor with Intel SGX support. Yet 11th Gen Intel processors will likely have SGX support axed. So, will CyberLink PowerDVD 20 be patched to support Intel's implementation of full memory encryption (TME/MKTME), or will we just have to be forced to upgrade to PowerDVD 21 (if it itself even has TME support)?

You are asking the wrong guy here.

It's not CyberLink nor PowerDVD requires the Intel SGX for the Ultra HD Blu-ray disc playback.

Unfortunately, it's the requirements from the "Blu-ray Disc Association" (which is established by Intel giants and Hollywood movie studios) that requires the playback on PC platform needs the specific technology.

Please send your request or "complaints" to Blu-ray Disc Association to ask them change the requirements to support new things.

Show your power as a consumer, and make them know we (consumer) are the king of the world.
Mine works fine when playing blu-rays.

The hotkeys might only work for the program window you focus on your desktop.
Are there any other programs or tools grabbed the focus of window after you started blu-ray movie playback in powerdvd?
Did you plug multiple monitors to your PCs?

Check them first.
There is an eject button at the bottom right side of the disc drive page in the Movie/TV library,
I don't prefer using this feature to collect my TV show videos in powerdvd's TV library.

There are some restrictions on the filename and folder names if you want to import videos into TV library and let the library group the videos semi-automatically.

To make it simple, I would just put my TV videos per folders in the Windows explorer, and import the vidoes into powerdvd's Video library instead.

If you would really like to use this feature, for the filename and folder names rules, perhaps you can refer to the help file:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/20/pc-mode/enu/12_02_02_tv_shows.htm
You may try turn off the truetheater vide effects and check if it helps.
Did you use any GPU overclocking tools?
Uninstall them to find the peace.
Is it a HDR clip?
Do you have HDR monitor, HDR-ready GPU, and video cables which are compatible with HDR?
Try enable the HDR on Windows OS to check the playback condition.

If your monitor is just a SDR one, disable powerdvd's truetheater enhancement to check it out.
Perhaps these two posts might give you some ideas to try out:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82322.page
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82175.page
Quote I purchased PowerDVD 20 in April when it was released. I immediately noticed that .iso files would not maintain Aspect Ratio.

TrueTheater Stretch (Fit to Screen) is the only decent aspect ratio for my large collection of .iso files, which I've been watching on PowerDVD since 2013. Every time the playback is started or re-started the aspect ratio switches back to Stretch to Fit the Screen; it never did this before with PowerDVD 17 or prior versions.

I spent hours working through the cumbersome process of creating a support ticket with Cyberlink. They even sent this reply:

"With reference to your query, after pilot checking, we have reproduced the same condition in our lab on testing platform when playing ISO disk image specifically. This case has been escalated to engineering team for further investigation."

You can imagine how frustrated I am to find that nearly 5 months later they produce a program update and leave this bug unfixed. I also have aspect ratio issues with 4K files, which always open up minimized on the screen, and each time a file is started or re-started the Aspect Ratio has to be reset to Keep Aspect Ratio.

Extremely disappointing that the company ignores bugs in their programs that they've been aware of for several months.

If you play a 16:9 video on current popular 16:9 monitors, I don't think we need to use the smart stretch to crop the video further.
This feature is for playing legacy 4:3 source video on a wide screen. It is really a "legacy" for old video playback.
https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/technology/ita/true-theater-solution.jsp

So, your ISO files are all produced from 4:3 video sources?

Most of 4k videos are encoded with 16:9 frames, so smart stretch (smart cropping) feature is really not for the playback as well if you use a 16:9 wide screen. So, do you always keep the smart stretch setting on due to above case when playing 4k video file?

If it is the case, it is not surprised that powerdvd requires you to restore the aspect ratio setting to "keep aspect ratio" every time when you play non 4:3 videos.
powerdvd 20 works fine on my playform.

No buffering even though I directly skipped big interval at the beginning when just started playing a video.
I also tried skip forward or backward multiple times by clicking any timecodes on the timeline.
(I'm not using a Google-fiber level connection, just home use bandwidth (60 Mbps plan)

I guess your buffering condition might be related to the network connection stability at the moment when using powerdvd to access the videos, or something like that at your location
Or, the loading of some videos on YouTube might not be as fast as other short clips.

However, to have the best loading performance, just play the video in the web browser.
It's the official way to play YouTube's videos and I'm afraid that no other client players can run at the same download and rendering speed versus the direct playback in a web browser, or YouTube official app.
Quote Then Cyberlink youcam 9 will close if up and my camera will turn off if on.

I'm confused about this description.

What was up that made youcam closed?
And, what was on that caused your camera turned off?

The physical webcam can be accessed by one program concurrently unless you select the virtual webcam (CyberLink YouCam 9) as the webcam video source in all of your video call or video recording programs to get the shared video from YouCam 9.
It seems the online streaming feature is not supported, and the basic video editor is not included as you have PowerDirector as the main program. Other features are available there in the lite version.

The paid version does 1080p as the maximum on a 4k screen. The supported resolution is the same.
Try disable the WASAPI mode in settings > Video Audio Subtitle > More audio settings > Miscellaneous, and then check if it helps.

I think the non-decoded HD audio output is processed by the GPU card and its HDMI audio driver exclusively but not by the software player.

If the HDMI audio output cannot keep or enable the non-decoded audio stream mode normally when processing DTS-HD Master audio, you'd better ask nvidia to help investigate the compatibility issue.

The nvidia HDMI output can work fine with Kodi, it does not mean nvidia can work well with every other player.
As far as I know, powerdvd does not support the feature of carring the custom configuration to other platforms.

If your video, or photos, music files are stored at different file paths on different PCs, you can't expect the custom configuration you carried from other devices can work on your current platform. powerdvd media library's mapping will get lost when locating your source videos and photo files on a new PC.

There are many error-prone conditions might occur if this feature exists.
The first version of powerdvd 20 is already build 1519, you don't need to install the patch to update the latest version redundantly.

And, it sounds the BSOD crash hasn't got resolved yet because Dell didn't give you any actual assistances in the ACPI device and driver's crash. Did they really look into the BSOD log or something you provided?

It could be waste of time if you keep thinking about how to install powerdvd successfully prior to the hardware BSOD concern got fixed.

It should be a hardware malfunction and crash case that requires the hardware vendor to check it out first.
It is glad to know you have contacted cyberlink regarding the crash, however, it is obvious that certain hardware on your laptop did not work right and crashed the Windows while another program (powerdvd) was installing.

BSOD is a sort of Windows system crash, and according to the message, it indicates the ACPI device on your Dell PC did not work properly and crashed Windows while powerdvd was under the setup.

I don't think cyberlink can help you fix the PC as they are not PC vendor.

You'd better ask Dell to check this crash of their ACPI device on the laptop. It is also related to the BIOS firmware Dell installed on their products.

https://windowsreport.com/acpi_bios_error-windows-10/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xa5--acpi-bios-error

And, I suggest you wait with certain patience.
It's not a phone call contact or something like that gives you response in real-time.
No, the powerdvd remote feature has been removed since powerdvd 20.
You may consider trying the layer editing features in photodirector.

1. Create an empty project in the PhotoDirector > Edit room.
(The new version of photodirector supports the feature of creating a photo from scratch using the layer features)

2. It requires you to define the final output resolution of your artwork in advance.
3. Put the photos you would like to "stitch" on the canvas.
4. Save the edited result as a new photo.

See if you can achieve your goal by the above.
Playing HDR video on a non-HDR (SDR) monitor, it is expected that you will get a grey-ish result as your SDR monitor does not have the capability to inteprete the HDR colors for displaying.

If you see the playback on a SDR monitor displaying the scenes with rich colors, this is because the players (e.g. VLC or YouTube web player) have made some conversions additionally by remapping the HDR colors to SDR color range.
However, I'm afraid it is an artificial/fake one.

If your PC is compatible with playing 4K Blu-rays, the movie discs might support an option to display the video in SDR version.
Or, the movie disc might operate the playback in SDR mode automatically and not require to selecting any options.

However, it is not the case. You played the "ripped" video disc folders.
I'm wondering if the folder only keeps the HDR version but discarded the SDR downsampling.
1080p Blu-ray only uses HDCP 1.4.
And, most of the HDCP problems are caused by the OS, GPU hardware, or the display device does not operate the function normally.

If your platform can play 4K disk using HDCP 2.2 protection, that's great, but does your HDMI port operate the backward HDCP 1.4 normally?
https://www.cnet.com/news/hdcp-2-2-what-you-need-to-know/

I don't know if your GPU settings or the motherboard contains a switch for the HDCP1.4 backward mode.
It's a direction to consider further.
Go to: