Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to adjust the volumn of just aprox 90 seconds of just the left channel in a already produced vid
SilkRoadLGDs_org [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2022 23:18 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Audio Director 365, Power Director 365, Windows 10 Home.
I produced a video and due to not understanding Audio Director (and things just didn't seem to work right) or sound terms, I had trouble adjusting the volume evenly across all clips. Due to time constraints I produced the video. I then found a mistake in it that had to be fixed so dropped the PRODUCED vid back back into PD 365 as a new project, fixed the issue and with AD 365 was able to even out the volume across the entire video. It was easier than reopening the old project and trying to mess with the sound on all 5 clips again.

Here's the problem. In one segment, (due to not having ability here to do voice over on my PC) when I first recorded that clip, I narrated the particular clip behind the camera but (not thinking) while standing off to one side, so the left channel ended up fainter than the right. When listening to the clip, it sounds like it dropped to mono unless you take out the right channel, then you can hear the left channel but lower volume. I was able to find where to see both channels and the wave from in that segment is obviously lower but I can't find how to adjust just the left channel of that about 90 second part of the video. Search says to "use the volume keys" but not how, what, or where they are! YouTube vids have been no help. What is the easiest way to do this?

Clear as mud? Sorry for that.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Audio Director 365, Power Director 365, Windows 10 Home.
I produced a video and due to not understanding Audio Director (and things just didn't seem to work right) or sound terms, I had trouble adjusting the volume evenly across all clips. Due to time constraints I produced the video. I then found a mistake in it that had to be fixed so dropped the PRODUCED vid back back into PD 365 as a new project, fixed the issue and with AD 365 was able to even out the volume across the entire video. It was easier than reopening the old project and trying to mess with the sound on all 5 clips again.

Here's the problem. In one segment, (due to not having ability here to do voice over on my PC) when I first recorded that clip, I narrated the particular clip behind the camera but (not thinking) while standing off to one side, so the left channel ended up fainter than the right. When listening to the clip, it sounds like it dropped to mono unless you take out the right channel, then you can hear the left channel but lower volume. I was able to find where to see both channels and the wave from in that segment is obviously lower but I can't find how to adjust just the left channel of that about 90 second part of the video. Search says to "use the volume keys" but not how, what, or where they are! YouTube vids have been no help. What is the easiest way to do this?

In audiodirector, you can pan the audio from left to right channel or right to left channel.

If the sound of the right channel of your audio clip is apprently brighter, try panning the audio to left channel more.
By pressing the Ctrl key and hold the left click on your mouse to pan audio, it will create an audio keyframe to pan audio on certian segment but not on the entire clip.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/audiodirector/13/enu/06_14_00_panning_audio_l_r.html

See if this helps.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Audio Director 365, Power Director 365, Windows 10 Home.

Hi,

Ok, firstly I simulated your issue with a sample file by reducing a section of left channel volume. Not exactly your issue but close enough.

Then to correct the problem :

Edit in ADR
Select Edit Single Channel
Select the left channel
Expand/reduce the timeline as required
Use the Range selection to exactly select the "low volume" section
Adjust that section as required - any adjustments will act only on the selected range - say Boost by 10dB
when completed SWITCH BOTH TRACKS BACK ON - Edit Multiple Channels
Return to PDR
Produce as required.

Problems encountered :
If you don't make all channels active again, ADR will export only the selected channel
Audio glitches at the transition points - carefull selection is a must and some glitch may not be avoidable??

Alternative path only applicable in some circumstances??:
As above but
After identifying the range, use timeline markers as ADR won't keep a range when you swap active channels
Select the range on the right (full volume) channel
Copy the range
Select the left channel
Select the range again
Paste the contents to the left channel
Switch all channels on
Return to PDR
Produce

Hope that helps.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Faint audio in ADR.png]
 Filename
Faint audio in ADR.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
 Filename
Faint audio section.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17475 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)
 Filename
Faint audio section repaired.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16979 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 09. 2022 05:06

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do