Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi bSharpCyclist -

I'll let you judge for yourself...

I made a project in PDR14 (prior to the AAC fix in PDR15) using some sample 96kHz/24bit FLAC files and rendered it as H.264 AVC MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 10Mbps.

Then I rendered that same project to the same profile in PDR15 & PDR16. Also in PDR16, I rendered it with Dolby Digital audio (which is an option in PDR16).

PDR14 version PDR15 version PDR16 (AAC) version PDR16 (DD) version. Audio rendered as WAV (PCM)

If you want to hear what the original FLAC files sound like, you can download them from HDtracks

Cheers - Tony
Hi Rick -

Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing tidings but there's no Ease In/Out option with Magic Motion.

Cheers - Tony
Hi GTh -

It's nothing you're doing. It's a server issue.

I tried both uploading the original UHD file (no conversion) & allowing CL to convert the video to HD. Neither worked. I thought waiting a while might help, but that was 2 hours ago.

Next I tried uploading directly to CL Cloud (not via PDR) and got the alert message attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi MNR -

It's possibly the case that neither CDR nor PDR writes the necessary metadata into the produced file. Read this about uploading HDR videos to YouTube. There are ways around it (apparently) but I haven't tried it myself.

Cheers - Tony
Hi bobsunetti -

Yes, but look what happens after you click the play button. This screen capture starts from the same DZ page you posted in your screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi mhaffy -

No - Wave Editor is not a good tool for that purpose. You can select a range, but you cannot produce noly that selected section.

In both PDR & AudioDirector, you can select a range (i.e. one track from your multi-track recording) and produce an audio file of only that section.

The three attached screenshots show WE, PDR & ADR with the same audio in each.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Keefy -

There's not a simple answer to some of your questions.

Always, with PDR Content Packs, many templates (not all) from previous versions are included in the "new" content packs. It's not necessary to uninstall previous versions, but you can if you wish.

About the ProDAD Adorage effects they are licensed for particular versions of PDR, so you do need to reinstall them... and (with any sort of luck) they'll work properly without alerts telling you they're not licensed for PDR16.

You only need to install the 64-bit versions for your PC.

Cheers - Tony
Myk -

Using Smart Fit is the most probable cause of your image quality issues.

When Smart Fit needs to be applied, the video bitrate is decreased to allow the video content to fit onto the DVD.

e.g. If the total duration is 4 minutes, VBR (video bitrate) will be 7+Mbps. I hour duration will be ~6Mbps. 1hr 30Min (using Smart Fit) will be ~5Mbps. The maximum VBR for DVD is 8.3Mbps.

You're aleady compromising your original HD clips by burning them to DVD, but using Smart Fit is a further compromise. If you'd mentioned that earlier, you could have saved a bit of time.

Cheers - Tony
Hi adoucette -

The way you go about it depends on what source material you have.

Do the videos of lectures you've shot have the PowerPoint presentation screen in the frame? or are they recordings of the lecturer and you'd like to add the PP into the video?

If you have a copy of the PP presentation as a separate file, you can save it in video format so it can be incorporated in your video.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Myk -

It's unlikely you're missing any codecs & that would not be the cause of the issue with DVD production. Also, using shadow files wouldn't matter because PDR uses the original files (not the shadows/proxies) in rendering & burning.

In the tests I've done here, I've found the oppositie to be true. PDR13 has far more obvious PQ defects than PDR16.

I made a project in PDR13 containing a mix of videos, deliberately selecting clips with motion and graphic elements, & photos that were used in a motion slideshow. I burned the project to folder and disc.

Next I opened the same project in PDR16 & repeated the process, burning to folder & disc.

In many parts of the DVD, played back on UHD TV, it was hard to tell the difference... but PDR13's DVD had more shimmering and artifacts than PDR16's. This was obvious when comparing the VOB files side by side too. The motion slideshow section was by far the worst.

Here are some side-by-side screenshots from the VOB files.

Here is a scaled down version of the project created in PDR13

It would be interesting to see how that project turns out at your end. Maybe other members might test too.

Cheers - Tony
Sorry - PDR refers to PowerDirectoR

... but you would have noticed the About screen confirms that you have the Ultimate version. You did ask "What version do I have?" See your attached screenshot.

I'll run some comparison tests with PDR13 & 16 to see what PQ differences there are.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Myk -

Sounds like you have PDR16 Ultimate. To confirm, just click either the PDR icon (top left) or the word PowerDirector (top right). What does it say after Version Type?

The options for burning a 2D DVD are the same in PDR16 as PDR13. See attached screenshot. That's how a DVD video needs to be formatted.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Nerov -

I've wasted a lot of time with this... editing WMV profiles at resolutions greater than 1920x1080. Using Windows Media Profile Editor.

BTW I have read that it's not compatible with Win 10, but it's working here OK.

Anyway, using Windows Media Profile Editor to edit 2K, 2.5K, UHD or 4K profiles I was getting constant errors and couldn't save because of that.

Finally it dawned on me to edit the profiles with Notepad or Wordpad... & it worked!

Attached is a batch of WMV profiles (zipped), including 2560x1440 for YouTube & local production. After unzipping, drop the profiles (not the containing folder) into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\Language\Enu\Profiles (or whichever language folder is appropriate)

If you don't want all the lower res profiles, just use the separate zip file for 2.5K profiles, & follow the same steps.

That's just for WMV. If you want 2560x1440 profiles for other formats the Profile.ini needs to be edited, shown here.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Yes, I tested the 2.5K profiles & - yes - they work. YT test here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-fnoQwzxU
Hi Paddy -

There's no way to build that into a produced video that I know.

You could simply insert an image for a suitable duration to allow the viewer time to think... but that would be pre-determining the time required.

A variation of that would be to provide an instruction for the viewer to press the SPACE bar to pause the video and allow reflection time - then again when they're ready to move on.

Something like...

Cheers - Tony
Hi BrianHere -

I've installed the beta patch without the need to do any of that. After getting the downloader file, it just did its thing without a hitch.

I don't know what might have gone wrong there, sorry.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Teea -

Quote: Does Cyberlink have any plans on fixing this in the near future?

That would be a YES I think. With the most recent beta patch applied, I tetsted a variey of alpha channel videos encoded with QuickTime Animation (RLE) video codec (qtrle), PNG image codec and OpenJPEG JPEG2000 (libopenjpeg) codec. They all work as expected. I have QT installed, by the way.

Here's a little sample:

Cheers - Tony
Hi Helen -

I don't think you're missing something obvious. When I launch Screen Recorder from the Capture module (even with "Import into PDR" checked), it does NOT consistently import the capture video into PDR's media library.

Screen Recorder does consistently make the screen capture and places it in my selected folder, & it does always provide me with the alert attached (whether it's true or not).

Personally, I always use Screen Recorder as a standalone and import the captured videos manually... so I hadn't noticed that little glitch. Maybe that's what you need to do to get around this issue.

Cheers - Tony
Hi danvb30 -

The scrolling credit templates have been giving users grief for years & I don't know the cause.

That said, I can't replicate your issue here with a 40+ min basic project with 4K & FHD clips. At the end I unserted a default title template followed by the scrolling credits template & it plays back smoothly in PDR14.

Screen capture - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5SXviI-pMA

I do notice that when I move other clips around in the project (say to a different track) that PDR responds immediatly. If I try the same thing with the scrolling credits template, there's an annoying delay of some seconds.

How to work around it? Maybe build your scrolling credits in a separate project & produce, then insert the produced video into your main project.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bosone -

The Content Packs contain a collection of templates for titles, PiP Objects, particles, express projects, styles etc.

There are a couple of ways to check whether they've been installed:

First, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates... if they're installed, you should find 3 folders called "PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1, 2 & 3"

Next, open PDR16 and go to the Titles room. Is there a template called "Science Fiction"? Is there one called "Soccer Ranking"? What about "Action1, 2, 3 & 4"? If those templates are present, all the Contents packs have been installed.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

Well - it's not a general issue with PDR15's chroma-key & Win10. It appears to be something particular about your Win10 laptop, but other more technically inclined members might be able to point to.

If you can't get around it, why not do the whole project on your Win7 laptop or (alternatively) just do the green screen sections - produce them as separate video files to be inserted into your main project?

If you're trying to transfer a project the best thing to do first is Pack Project Materials, that way nothing will go wrong. See this tutorial, if you haven't already.

Cheers - Tony
Hi apollo11 -

Using my grossly underpowered Win10 laptop (I don't use it for serious video editing), I took PowerDirector Moderator's suggestion & tried it in PDR15.

With a yellow colour board in Track 1 & the Kite Surfing sample clip in Track 2, all the chroma-key sliders worked as expected. Naturally, if you take one slider to the extreme minimum or maximum the other adjustments have little or no impact.

Here's a screen capture - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_73ZSN4PQ

Cheers - Tony
Go to: