Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Content files from previous versions?
keefy [Avatar]
Member Location: Isle of Wight Joined: Aug 19, 2008 09:20 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have been loyaly purchasing and installing new versions of Power Director over many years, but have never been sure about the aspect of reinstalling Content Files. I have just purchased V. 16 - but have not yet installed it.

When I look at my current listing of Cyberlink PD files in the Control Panel/Programs and Features, I see that I already have:

Holiday Packs 4,5,6 & 7

PowerDirector 13 Content Essential, and Premium

PowerDirector Content Pack Essential, Premium 1, Premium 2

Romance Pack v3 2

Travel Pack2012 Travel Pack 2

Wedding Pack

When I look at the NEW files that are included with PD 16, I see that I get:

ContentPack_Essential

ContentPack_Premiuml

ContentPack_Premiumll

ContentPack_Premiumlll

CreativeDesignPack_Wedding

HolidayPack8

My first question is: Should I uninstall all earlier Content packs, as the new ones will included everything that has already been included on earlier versions?

Secondly: Do I need to install (again) the adorage 32bit or 64bit and vitascene-dsple 32bit or 64bit files as they appeared to be also included with earlier versions? (Note: I use a 64bit PC, but I don't know whether I need the 32 bit versions for some other reason).

Many thanks

Keith
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Keefy -

There's not a simple answer to some of your questions.

Always, with PDR Content Packs, many templates (not all) from previous versions are included in the "new" content packs. It's not necessary to uninstall previous versions, but you can if you wish.

About the ProDAD Adorage effects they are licensed for particular versions of PDR, so you do need to reinstall them... and (with any sort of luck) they'll work properly without alerts telling you they're not licensed for PDR16.

You only need to install the 64-bit versions for your PC.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
keefy [Avatar]
Member Location: Isle of Wight Joined: Aug 19, 2008 09:20 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Keefy -

There's not a simple answer to some of your questions.

Always, with PDR Content Packs, many templates (not all) from previous versions are included in the "new" content packs. It's not necessary to uninstall previous versions, but you can if you wish.

About the ProDAD Adorage effects they are licensed for particular versions of PDR, so you do need to reinstall them... and (with any sort of luck) they'll work properly without alerts telling you they're not licensed for PDR16.

You only need to install the 64-bit versions for your PC.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you for your prompt and concise reply. I think I will uninstall my old content files. AVG is constantly reminding me that I have many duplicate files, and I think that the PD ones are the worst offenders.

Keith