Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does PD 16 include ease-in / ease-out in Magic Motion?
Rick3516 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2015 08:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to know if PD 16 has incorporated the ease-in/ease-out feature in the Magic Motion tool.

I currently am using PD 14 to make slide slide shows. Unfortunately, version 14 does not allow me to do true Ken Burns effects - that is, accelerate and decelerate (ease-in and ease-out) pan AND zooms.

Yes, I realize I can use the PiP designer to achieve this effect (although version 14 only has ease-in/ease-out for postion and not scale which results in strange P&Z's). It appears that later versions of PD has corrected this issue by including the ease-in/ease-out feature for scale as well as the position in the PiP designer.

My issue with using the PiP designer to generate the P&Z's is that the keyframes are absolute wrt time. If I change the length of the clip during development, which I often need to do, I need to go back and adjust the position of the keyframes. In the Magic Motion tool, the position of the keyframes are relative to the length of the clip therefore are adjusted when the length of the clip is adjusted.

I'm anxiously waiting for this feature to be included in the Magic Motion User Defined option before I upgrade. Hopefully someone can give me the the good news!

Thanks,

Rick
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rick -

Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing tidings but there's no Ease In/Out option with Magic Motion.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rick3516 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 29, 2015 08:31 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.

Seems like Magic Motion is all about panning and zooming therefore should be the logical home for the ease in/out feature. Maybe in the next version.

Rick