Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hoping for help for a newbie - Screen Capture not importing
HelenSchafer63 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Oct 24, 2017 14:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
HI, I expect this will be such a simple resolve I will slap myself for not seeing it (!) but I'm fresh off the block, just downloaded a trial and starting to work out how this whole thing works - my skills are not in this area...

So, I have found the screen capture feature and watched the tutorial video. The first time I opened PowerDirector16 I tried the screen capture and it nicely downloaded to my downloads folder (but did not import to PowerDirector automatically).

Since then I cannot get anything to download to the downloads folder, and nothing automatically imports itself into PowerDirector.

I tried accessing the Screen Capture through Edit, and going to screen capture settings, and made sure the "Import to PowerDirector" tick box was checked, and it was. I also checked where the file was supposed to be downloading to on my computer, and it still was my normal download folder - no change there.

When I do a screen capture now, I switch it on and off just fine. But the on-off buttons just stay on the screen and if I go to close it, it asks me if I really want to delete my capture. Of course I don't, but I can't see a way to save it...

There must be something very very obvious that I'm just not seeing - here's hoping :

Cheers, Helen. Helen Schafer - Living Business
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Helen -

I don't think you're missing something obvious. When I launch Screen Recorder from the Capture module (even with "Import into PDR" checked), it does NOT consistently import the capture video into PDR's media library.

Screen Recorder does consistently make the screen capture and places it in my selected folder, & it does always provide me with the alert attached (whether it's true or not).

Personally, I always use Screen Recorder as a standalone and import the captured videos manually... so I hadn't noticed that little glitch. Maybe that's what you need to do to get around this issue.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Screen Recorder - Capture complete.png]
 Filename
Screen Recorder - Capture complete.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
53 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!