Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scroll credits get "stuck" at start of its clip
danvb30 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 05, 2016 23:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have a pretty basic timeline with video, audio.

At the end of the movie, I'm trying to insert a scrolling credits clip. Just using the out-of-the-box "Ending Credits 001" item from the Title Room.

When drag it to the timeline, right up against end of previous clip. Have not modified any content/text yet, just the default that comes with it, and it's already exhibiting this behavior.

When playing the movie, the video / time scrubber get "stuck" (pause on its own) at the start of the scrolling credits, no motion, then about 3 seconds later it flies ahead super fast, and catches up.

Here is a screen capture of the issue.

https://www.screencast.com/t/9ycOK8idiY

Have you seen this before? Any way to work around this?

Thank you!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi danvb30 -

The scrolling credit templates have been giving users grief for years & I don't know the cause.

That said, I can't replicate your issue here with a 40+ min basic project with 4K & FHD clips. At the end I unserted a default title template followed by the scrolling credits template & it plays back smoothly in PDR14.

Screen capture - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5SXviI-pMA

I do notice that when I move other clips around in the project (say to a different track) that PDR responds immediatly. If I try the same thing with the scrolling credits template, there's an annoying delay of some seconds.

How to work around it? Maybe build your scrolling credits in a separate project & produce, then insert the produced video into your main project.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!