Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Opa Werner 39 -

The German forum for PDR16 is here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/166.page

Google helped me with the translation...

I want to run a longer text over the screen so that you can read it in turn. That The beginning of the text should first run from the right into the image and then continue to run to the left so that you can follow the text to the end. So I just need a text movement - without squiggles and loops - from right to left.

Unfortunately, in the standard default, the text runs from the left into the picture (since we write from left to right, the end of the text first enters the picture and then moves slowly to the beginning of the text.

That's why I tried it with "user-defined motion." I put the text in the image so that the beginning was visible and set a keyframe for the intercept position of the image sequence, then put the play cursor on the end of the sequence If I play the title, it will not be moved at all Text displayed.

What - please - I did wrong ??????

Have you tried using the Scroll Left title template. It scrolls from right to left shown in the attached clip. "Links scrollen"???

Scroll Left looks like the text in the attached clip.

Cheers - Tony
Hi pmikep -

What I usually do is either (a) expand then shrink the timeline or (b) scroll along the timeline then back again.

Occasionally, in desperation, I've ditched all the files in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\Cache\WaveForms but I'm not sure that has any impact.

Cheers - Tony
Here's another thread where similar things were happening.

Cheers - Tony
Hi akaAlso -

It'd be a good idea to let members know what the problem is. You've attached a screen capture, but I can't work out what it's showing.

Is it something to do with CL Screen Recorder?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Andres -

You're not the first person to have issues with Helvetica Neue! There are dozens of forums littered with users having problems... just google "Helvetica Neue issues"...

Here, I get the same as you in PDR & Word. I think it's something to do with the way the font family is formatted. I don't know if yours is a free font or paid for. Mine was a freebie.

There's a free alternative you may be interested in... and it won't give you the same grief. First up, look how similar Helvetica is to Arial. The last two, below, are like Helvetica Neue Thin.

If you're interested you can get Source Sans Pro here. All the variants are shown separately in PDR & Word.

Cheers - Tony
Hi emonjoin -

The full retail version of PDR16 imports and plays back 360 clips from the Garmin VIRB 360. Its 360 photos are fine too.

The attached screenshot shows a UHD 360 clip during playback.

As David suggests, it may be a limitation of the trial version.

Cheers - Tony
Door (png) & your Turbulence_01.mov both use the .png codec, which would have worked correctly without installing the beta patch.

I think the problem might be that you have Shadow Files enabled in Preferences. Try turning that off & test again.

Cheers - Tony
Sorry - all we know about the video is that it's "4K" and you say it has an alpha channel. If we had more detail, we might be able to isolate the issue.

If you have a look at the attached MediInfo reports, you'll see that the 4 alpha videos are made using different codecs (boxed in blue.

If you don't have MediaInfo, you can get it here. Please attach the full report from your alpha video.

Did you test the three alpha videos I uploaded? If so, which ones worked?

Again, please post a screenshot of your "About" screen. It should look a bit like this:

Cheers - Tony
Quote yes Tony !!

the King makes a good point. I should have mentioned that I have QT installed.

If you don't wish to install the full QT, there's one called QuickTime Lite (just the codec) which will allow you to use alpha channel videos.

You didn't post the MediaInfo report on your 4K Alpha clip, so we have nothing much to go on. Could you also post a screenshot of your PDR16 About screen showing the build you're using.

Here's a ZIP file containing 3 different alpha videos. Which ones work for you?

Cheers - Tony
Quote it was 2218 Patch ....on 11 07 2017 ! faild !not Working

So - it starts off with Alpha channel working then it reverts to black?

Can you please post the MediaInfo report for the 4K Alpha clip?

Cheers - Tony
Quote Hello . I installed the first beta update but the problem did not go away .... I have a 4K file with the .mov extension Alpha Chanel which after a few seconds loses its properties, meaning it has no alpha chanel and has the black background. Help !!!

There have been 2 beta patches released. The first one - 2127 - did not resolve the alpha issue. The most recent 2218 patch fixed it. Please make sure you have the 2218 patch installed.

Cheers - Tony
Hi KiteMike -

Using sample clips from the Drift Ghost S, I found the Garmin Elite & GoPro HERO5 Session (Wide) profiles did a decent job. You may need to also manually adjust Fisheye Distortion.

See the attached screenshots. Well - they would have been attached if the page hadn't scrolled & scrolled & failed to deliver.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Steve -

It's visible if you use the Trim function (which I rarely do), but only by going back into Trim. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Kenn11 -

A similar thing happened recently like that here, but it was in the main timeline - not Video Collage. I was testing MOV clips with alpha channel with the recent beta patch, & they turned themselves uside-down as soon as I played them back the timeline.

I made a screen capture of the whole upside-down event & sent it off to some northern hemisphere friends. One suggested it was because I lived in OZ.

Strangely, when I re-opened the project some hours later order had been restored. Weird.

Just threw some clips at Video Collage Designer and can't replicate what you've found.

Cheers - Tony
Hi OffTheMark -

Don't take this as "gospel" because there are quite a few variables at play. These tests were not conducted on a gun machine, but the same process was followed each time:

1. Import clip into PDR

2. Fix/Enhance > CDR > Apply LUT

3. Return to PDR for render (no HA)

""

N.B. The same clips, with the same LUT applied, rendered in CDR6 in 2:32 (UHD) & 1:23 (FHD) respectively.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Midimannz -

It's possible, but maybe not what you might think.

The only way (I know) to do that on a disc with a menu is:

1. Build 2 separate PDR projects, each with the 2 alternate soundtracks (even though the visuals may be the same)

2. Produce each project to your desired format - depending whether it's BR or DVD

3. So now you have 2 separate videos (titles)

4. Open a new project for your disc preparation & burning

5. In Create Disc, import the 2 produced titles

6. Select/make a menu with 2 buttons

7. Uncheck "Include Root Menu"

8. For Playback Mode, check "Play the Selected Title only" (screenshot attached)

With that setup, the viewer can select which audio track(s) to listen to.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again Gary -

Uninstalling/re-installing PDR16 won't trash your work (projects, templates etc) because it's stored in a completely different location... but it seems to be a more complex thing than that.

Your Motion Tracker preview is blank in the other versions of PDR too???

I hope someone technically inclined pops in soon!

Have you tried either updating, rolling back or re-installing your GPU drivers? (stabbing in the dark)

Cheers - Tony
I haven't installed the Fall Creators Update yet, so I'm still using Win10 Home 1703 - OS 15063.674... & no problem with XBOX Game DVR recordings.

One thing you can do to try to isolate the problem is to check the Media Info for capture made before/after installing the Fall Creators Update. That will, at least let you know if there are differences.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Skogman -

I'm at a loss too. I can't think of any reason the preview wouldn't be shown. It's fine here & I don't think it's been reported as an issue before. See screenshot, complete with goats.

Does the same thing happen with all clips? What about the sample clip "Kite Surfing"?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ed-Maryville -

You're dealing with two separate challenges at once, even though they're related.

If you right click on the audio track and select "Use Automatic Beat Detection", you can either put markers on the timeline automatically or manually.

These markers can be used to align your photo advances. In the attached screenshot, I've added the markers manually then adjusted the duration of the images to match the timeline markers.

Syncing the lyrics is fairly easily done once you have the titles or subtitles prepared, though it takes some time.

Cheers - Tony
Hi bSharpCyclist -

I'll let you judge for yourself...

I made a project in PDR14 (prior to the AAC fix in PDR15) using some sample 96kHz/24bit FLAC files and rendered it as H.264 AVC MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 10Mbps.

Then I rendered that same project to the same profile in PDR15 & PDR16. Also in PDR16, I rendered it with Dolby Digital audio (which is an option in PDR16).

PDR14 version PDR15 version PDR16 (AAC) version PDR16 (DD) version. Audio rendered as WAV (PCM)

If you want to hear what the original FLAC files sound like, you can download them from HDtracks

Cheers - Tony
Go to: