Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
an auto pause for tutorial video
Paddyzen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tasmania Australia Joined: May 02, 2017 01:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I wish to make a tutorial video. I want the video to pause at the point where a question is posed, to give the student or participant time to do what is asked or write down the answer to the question and if possible to have a play button that can be pressed when they are ready to resume. There might be 10 of those in a video. Any ideas
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Paddy -

There's no way to build that into a produced video that I know.

You could simply insert an image for a suitable duration to allow the viewer time to think... but that would be pre-determining the time required.

A variation of that would be to provide an instruction for the viewer to press the SPACE bar to pause the video and allow reflection time - then again when they're ready to move on.

Something like...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Paddyzen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tasmania Australia Joined: May 02, 2017 01:37 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Paddy -

You could simply insert an image for a suitable duration to allow the viewer time to think... but that would be pre-determining the time required.

A variation of that would be to provide an instruction for the viewer to press the SPACE bar to pause the video and allow reflection time - then again when they're ready to move on.

Something like...

Cheers - Tony

HI Tony, thanks for taking the time to do that, thats a very effective way of doing and possibly the only way, it seems. I did see that camtasia have a whole suite of interactive things that you can do, but you also need to use their cloud based streaming system as youtube wont work with it.

But keeping it simple and doing it well as you demonstrate works on youtube and my website. Good to make some progess. Paddy
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
I used to prepare course materials for colleagues and used to do what you are asking about by building my own applications. It was a way to display the whole video but broken up up into the appropriate number of parts, together with a still frame between each one. At the end of each part the still frame loaded and then waited for a keystroke to continue. If you have MS Office you could also do this easily with Powerpoint.
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Paddy -

Something like...

Cheers - Tony

The question in the video was: "hmmm, will I go to the beach today, yes or not...?" cool

I know, I know... .

Alain II

Have a nice day!