Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD15 - Using Wave Editor to Create Audio CD?
mhaffy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jul 22, 2017 03:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
I have been a long time user of Nero but, based upon reviews etc, decided to switch to PD when I bought a new PC. Very pleased so far with PD15 Ultimate and I have successfully created/burned several DVD's - transition from Nero to PD has seemed relatively easy so far on video editing side.

The Nero suite that I previously used had a separate wave editor that I used to split large audio files into separate tracks that I then saved as individual tracks and burned to CD.

Just tried to use the Wave Editor that comes with PD15 to split large audio file into separate tracks but cannot find any way to do this. I have successfully imported the audio file and can cut out the parts that I do not want, but having done this cannot see how to insert Track1, Track 2 etc in relevant places.

Am I missing something or is this something that I cannot do with PD Wave Editor?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 26. 2017 09:52

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mhaffy -

No - Wave Editor is not a good tool for that purpose. You can select a range, but you cannot produce noly that selected section.

In both PDR & AudioDirector, you can select a range (i.e. one track from your multi-track recording) and produce an audio file of only that section.

The three attached screenshots show WE, PDR & ADR with the same audio in each.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - ADR Produce Range.png]
 Filename
ADR Produce Range.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
235 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
17 time(s)
[Thumb - PDR Produce Range.png]
 Filename
PDR Produce Range.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
95 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)
[Thumb - WE Range.png]
 Filename
WE Range.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
190 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
20 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
mhaffy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Jul 22, 2017 03:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi mhaffy -

No - Wave Editor is not a good tool for that purpose. You can select a range, but you cannot produce noly that selected section.

In both PDR & AudioDirector, you can select a range (i.e. one track from your multi-track recording) and produce an audio file of only that section.

The three attached screenshots show WE, PDR & ADR with the same audio in each.

Cheers - Tony

thanks for response Tony. As I suspected. I managed to do what I had previously been able to do with Nero by downloading Audacity (free wave editor software) to create individual MP3 tracks and used itunes to burn CD audio.

Pity that Power Director wave editor is so basic - looks like Nero wins re audio side of things!

Pleased with switch to PD otherwise though