Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Missing 2560x1440 youtube support?
Nerov [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2017 11:04 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've noticed that 1440p is not a default selectable option. In normal 2D editing it can be added with some manual workarounds, but for youtube uploads this does not seem possible.

Am I missing something?

(why is 1440p not a default in the first place?)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the forum. The Youtube uploader within PD is limited to WMV files, and it is a real pain in the backside to alter or create a new WMV profile.

First, you need to go and find WMV profile editor, I just happen to have a link. Windows Media Encoder 9

Then you need to watch THIS...PD Toots

Do a search on the Forum here for more links to this matter. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Nerov [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Welcome to the forum. The Youtube uploader within PD is limited to WMV files, and it is a real pain in the backside to alter or create a new WMV profile.

First, you need to go and find WMV profile editor, I just happen to have a link. Windows Media Encoder 9

Then you need to watch THIS...PD Toots

Do a search on the Forum here for more links to this matter.

Thank you Barry for steering me in the right direction.

It seems that I haven't fully found the solution yet, which is partly due to a time limitation. Feel free to steer me in a better direction if my below actions are unwise:

Solved:

• the directory where the profiles are stored differ when PD is installed via STEAM (solved via simple document search)

• WM encoder 9 cannot be installed on Windows 10 by default (extracted .exe and installed standalone via .msi)

Open:

• The WMV profiles differ in resolution to what is selectable in PD

• I still have to see if changing these will influence the youtube profiles within PD

• The youtube labled profiles only partly resemble the selectable resolutions in PD (there are more youtube profiles than selectable in PD, not including the double count for PAL/NTSC)

• Changing the youtube profiles which are selectable in PD to any resolution/bitrate is not possible (the new or even existing resolutions and bitrate are not accepted by WM encoder to be saved, some message about the bitrate not within 20.1M)

• This might be because I installed the x64 version of WM encoder 9, I still have to try the x86

• Changing either the 3k or 4k youtube profiles to 'use the given media resolution' does not make it addept to 1440p material

• The profiles contain Korean characters when opened via WM encoder 9, the resolutions are still viewable and I'm assuming that these Korean descriptions do not influence the profile title in DP (which are in english)

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nerov -

I've wasted a lot of time with this... editing WMV profiles at resolutions greater than 1920x1080. Using Windows Media Profile Editor.

BTW I have read that it's not compatible with Win 10, but it's working here OK.

Anyway, using Windows Media Profile Editor to edit 2K, 2.5K, UHD or 4K profiles I was getting constant errors and couldn't save because of that.

Finally it dawned on me to edit the profiles with Notepad or Wordpad... & it worked!

Attached is a batch of WMV profiles (zipped), including 2560x1440 for YouTube & local production. After unzipping, drop the profiles (not the containing folder) into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\Language\Enu\Profiles (or whichever language folder is appropriate)

If you don't want all the lower res profiles, just use the separate zip file for 2.5K profiles, & follow the same steps.

That's just for WMV. If you want 2560x1440 profiles for other formats the Profile.ini needs to be edited, shown here.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Yes, I tested the 2.5K profiles & - yes - they work. YT test here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-fnoQwzxU
 Filename
Profiles_WMV_17-2.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
352 time(s)
 Filename
2.5K Profiles.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
351 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Nerov [Avatar]
[Post New]
Amazing ynotfish, it worked!

Turned out I made a mistake when searching for the directory location of my profiles, I never checked the full root and didn't notice these profiles being language dependant. I was actually editing the Korean profiles...not the English.

After copying your 2.5k version of the files in the english directory it worked flawlessly, great image quality.

Again, thank you both.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 26. 2017 06:05

joopG6t [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2015 08:47 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Nerov -

I've wasted a lot of time with this... editing WMV profiles at resolutions greater than 1920x1080. Using Windows Media Profile Editor.

Anyway, using Windows Media Profile Editor to edit 2K, 2.5K, UHD or 4K profiles I was getting constant errors and couldn't save because of that.

Finally it dawned on me to edit the profiles with Notepad or Wordpad... & it worked!

Attached is a batch of WMV profiles (zipped), including 2560x1440 for YouTube & local production. After unzipping, drop the profiles (not the containing folder) into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\Language\Enu\Profiles (or whichever language folder is appropriate)

If you don't want all the lower res profiles, just use the separate zip file for 2.5K profiles, & follow the same steps.

That's just for WMV. If you want 2560x1440 profiles for other formats the Profile.ini needs to be edited, shown here.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Yes, I tested the 2.5K profiles & - yes - they work. YT test here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A-fnoQwzxU

Is it possible to upload the profiles again? The links do not work anymore. My new version of Powerdirector 16 has no WMV profiles at all.....

Forget the above: it's because the Media featurepack for Windowws didn't install right, that I had no WMV-export options. Reinstalling Windows 10 pro N now

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 10. 2018 13:15

Nerov [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Nerov -

Cheers - Tony

Is it possible to upload the profiles again? The links do not work anymore. My new version of Powerdirector 16 has no WMV profiles at all.....

Forget the above: it's because the Media featurepack for Windowws didn't install right, that I had no WMV-export options. Reinstalling Windows 10 pro N now

They should be online for 2 weeks on this link: https://files.fm/u/b6agta6v
jst1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2018 18:09 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to hijack this thread but i am new to the forum and for the life of me cannot see a way to create a new thread/post.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciateed.
Regards,
jst1
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sorry to hijack this thread but i am new to the forum and for the life of me cannot see a way to create a new thread/post.
Regards,
jst1

look here:

Hatti.
[Thumb - newTopic.jpg]
 Filename
newTopic.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
250 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
jst1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sorry to hijack this thread but i am new to the forum and for the life of me cannot see a way to create a new thread/post.
Regards,
jst1

look here:

Hatti.

Thank you for the reply. That button does not appear on my screen.
JT
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
That is probably because you are not in the 'root' of a forum. If you are viewing a thread or the main forum index then the button won't be there. It only appears on those screens where can actually post a new thread.
jst1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That is probably because you are not in the 'root' of a forum. If you are viewing a thread or the main forum index then the button won't be there. It only appears on those screens where can actually post a new thread.

Thank you for the response. By "root" I assume you mean the Power Director 15 forum. When accessing that forum, there is no radio button for starting a new topic. It's just not there.
JT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JT -

What do you see when you click this link? https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/157.page In Firefox, mine looks like the attached screenshot. Microsoft Edge looks pretty much the same.

Back on the WMV Profiles question, I have no idea why those WMV profiles are no longer available. I've left that post unedited for CL to investigate.

I've re-uploaded the zipped profiles for local & online production for anyone interested:

Custom WMV Profiles (whole set)

2.5K WMV Profiles (only)

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - New Topic.png]
 Filename
New Topic.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jst1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi JT -

What do you see when you click this link? https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/show/157.page In Firefox, mine looks like the attached screenshot. Microsoft Edge looks pretty much the same.

Back on the WMV Profiles question, I have no idea why those WMV profiles are no longer available. I've left that post unedited for CL to investigate.

I've re-uploaded the zipped profiles for local & online production for anyone interested:

Custom WMV Profiles (whole set)

2.5K WMV Profiles (only)

Cheers - Tony

Link in the same as my screen. No button, unlikwe your screen shot.
Guess I have a computer problem.
Thanks for your time.
JT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Looks like you just signed up for the forums. It may be an issue with permissions. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Or maybe it is made with JavaScript and you have a "NoScript" tool running?

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
jst1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Or maybe it is made with JavaScript and you have a "NoScript" tool running?

Hatti

Thanks for your assistance. I now have a 'New Topic" button on my forum screen. However, when I try to post a new topic I get an script error message.
Life is hard.
All the best.
JT