Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDR16 beta patch v2218 is available
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Members,

The v. 2218 beta patch is now available. The has been a problem occasionally reported using the downloader link, so the direct download link is also available.

Downloader Link :

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR171019-011/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Download Link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/Patch/PDR16/PowerDirector_2218_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE170921-01.exe

Release note:

• Improves the compatibility with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3).

• Improves the performance when creating shadow files for .MTS video.

• Improves the compatibility with video recorded with an iPhone 8.

• Improves the compatibility with .MOV video.

• Improves the program stability when seeking, zooming, and taking snapshots in timeline.

• Improves the program stability when producing video.

• Improves the program stability of the View Designer after resuming from S3.

• Improves the compatibility with imported .TXT subtitles.

• Improves the program stability in storyboard mode.

• Fixes the issue that 360 Start View Setting changes are not saved with project.

• Fixes the issue that the program stops working after canceling color preset on a stabilized 360 video.

• Fixes the issue that the video speed of all clips on timeline will be adjusted if user presses Ctrl to adjust the duration of one clip.

• Other minor bug fixes and user experience improvements.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 28. 2017 03:30

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
BrianHere [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2017 06:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Update fails. I have previous patch installed.

---------------------------

PowerDirector

The extraction of the Data2.7z installation file was unsuccessful. The installation will now abort. Please reboot your system and then try installing again. Error code:2

OK

I found the Data2.7z file and it opens correct (latest 7zip) and all the contents are good.
Installation stops at 90% and watching things in ProcessMonitor shows repeated use of 7z.com from the Setup.exe program.
When the installation fails the Setup.com program has a TCP connection to 203.73.25.243 which is an unknown Domain Name in Tapei, Taiwan.

Please fix and please explain this 'strange' TCP connection to Taiwan.

=============== edit =================

eventually got it to install. I copied the extracted "PowerDirector_2218_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE170921-01.exe" to another drive and ran it from there. That worked. But there was still a very long pause at the 90% point.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2017 19:04

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BrianHere -

I've installed the beta patch without the need to do any of that. After getting the downloader file, it just did its thing without a hitch.

I don't know what might have gone wrong there, sorry.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I had to manually kill the "PDHanumanSvr" process in Task Manager for the patch to install properly (it couldn't copy over the same file as was in use)

Quote Update fails. I have previous patch installed.

PowerDirector

The extraction of the Data2.7z installation file was unsuccessful. The installation will now abort. Please reboot your system and then try installing again. Error code:2

OK

I found the Data2.7z file and it opens correct (latest 7zip) and all the contents are good.
Installation stops at 90% and watching things in ProcessMonitor shows repeated use of 7z.com from the Setup.exe program.
When the installation fails the Setup.com program has a TCP connection to 203.73.25.243 which is an unknown Domain Name in Tapei, Taiwan.

Please fix and please explain this 'strange' TCP connection to Taiwan.

=============== edit =================

eventually got it to install. I copied the extracted "PowerDirector_2218_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE170921-01.exe" to another drive and ran it from there. That worked. But there was still a very long pause at the 90% point.
YossiEven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 04, 2013 14:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Members,

The v. 2218 beta patch is now available. The has been a problem occasionally reported using the downloader link, so the direct download link is also available.

Downloader Link :

http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/PowerDirector/DL/TR171019-011/CyberLink_PowerDirector_Downloader.exe

Download Link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/cs/Patch/PDR16/PowerDirector_2218_GM3_Patch_Patch_VDE170921-01.exe

Release note:

• Improves the compatibility with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3).

• Improves the performance when creating shadow files for .MTS video.

• Improves the compatibility with video recorded with an iPhone 8.

• Improves the compatibility with .MOV video.

• Improves the program stability when seeking, zooming, and taking snapshots in timeline.

• Improves the program stability when producing video.

• Improves the program stability of the View Designer after resuming from S3.

• Improves the compatibility with imported .TXT subtitles.

• Improves the program stability in storyboard mode.

• Fixes the issue that 360 Start View Setting changes are not saved with project.

• Fixes the issue that the program stops working after canceling color preset on a stabilized 360 video.

• Fixes the issue that the video speed of all clips on timeline will be adjusted if user presses Ctrl to adjust the duration of one clip.

• Other minor bug fixes and user experience improvements.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Movie files with transparent areas are still not working for me after installing this patch.

I used QT and AVI formats and it gives black color and not transparency.
ferzal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2014 22:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Movie files with transparent areas are still not working for me after installing this patch.

I used QT and AVI formats and it gives black color and not transparency.

Likewise this patch hasn't made any difference for me in this regard.