Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD16, AAC and MP4
bSharpCyclist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2017 19:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if the AAC audio quality is any better in this version, compared to 15? In 15, I was exporting all files to MKV, and then to MP4 with Handbrake. I know there was a hot fix for 15, but the AAC audio quality was still a bit poor in my opinion. Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi bSharpCyclist -

I'll let you judge for yourself...

I made a project in PDR14 (prior to the AAC fix in PDR15) using some sample 96kHz/24bit FLAC files and rendered it as H.264 AVC MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 10Mbps.

Then I rendered that same project to the same profile in PDR15 & PDR16. Also in PDR16, I rendered it with Dolby Digital audio (which is an option in PDR16).

PDR14 version PDR15 version PDR16 (AAC) version PDR16 (DD) version. Audio rendered as WAV (PCM)

If you want to hear what the original FLAC files sound like, you can download them from HDtracks

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
bSharpCyclist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2017 19:04 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi bSharpCyclist -

I'll let you judge for yourself...

I made a project in PDR14 (prior to the AAC fix in PDR15) using some sample 96kHz/24bit FLAC files and rendered it as H.264 AVC MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 10Mbps.

Then I rendered that same project to the same profile in PDR15 & PDR16. Also in PDR16, I rendered it with Dolby Digital audio (which is an option in PDR16).

PDR14 version PDR15 version PDR16 (AAC) version PDR16 (DD) version. Audio rendered as WAV (PCM)

If you want to hear what the original FLAC files sound like, you can download them from HDtracks

Cheers - Tony

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can't say I hear much of any difference between those files In version 15, I'm exporting to MKV with LPCM.