Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3 Chroma Key sliders have no effect
apollo11 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Mar 22, 2012 16:15 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I used the Chroma Key feature with my Windows 7 laptop with great success. As you probably know, the feature has 4 slider adjustments. With all 4 sliders, you can key out the subject well from the green background. But, on my new Windows 10 laptop, only the 3rd slide adjustment (tollerance of luminance) works. Unlike when I used the same program on my Windows 7 laptop, the other 3 sliders have no effect. Does anyone know why this would be? I'm wondering if I don't have to finish the project on my old laptop. Ugh!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

As far as I know, there is no general issue with Win10 and PDR15 chroma key.

Which version of PDR15 are you running on the Win10 laptop?

As a test, could you try the chroma key with a sample image/video - say the Kite Surfing video - and see if the sliders have an effect?

If they do work, then the issue would seem to be project specific and further tests will be required.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
apollo11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

As far as I know, there is no general issue with Win10 and PDR15 chroma key.

Which version of PDR15 are you running on the Win10 laptop?

As a test, could you try the chroma key with a sample image/video - say the Kite Surfing video - and see if the sliders have an effect?

If they do work, then the issue would seem to be project specific and further tests will be required.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks very much for your help. Before leaving the country on vacation a month ago, I took my new laptop with Windows 10 with the project on it..... big mistake. I don't see a PD15 version but it says (64 bit) As you suggested, I just tried to use the chroma key sliders on other media and the same result. Only the Luminance slider has any effect? This is same CD I installed on my Windows 7 laptop. It worked fine there as I'm working on the same project, using all the same green screen video etc.... It's puzzling?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi apollo11 -

Using my grossly underpowered Win10 laptop (I don't use it for serious video editing), I took PowerDirector Moderator's suggestion & tried it in PDR15.

With a yellow colour board in Track 1 & the Kite Surfing sample clip in Track 2, all the chroma-key sliders worked as expected. Naturally, if you take one slider to the extreme minimum or maximum the other adjustments have little or no impact.

Here's a screen capture - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_73ZSN4PQ

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
apollo11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi apollo11 -

Using my grossly underpowered Win10 laptop (I don't use it for serious video editing), I took PowerDirector Moderator's suggestion & tried it in PDR15.

With a yellow colour board in Track 1 & the Kite Surfing sample clip in Track 2, all the chroma-key sliders worked as expected. Naturally, if you take one slider to the extreme minimum or maximum the other adjustments have little or no impact.

Here's a screen capture - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_73ZSN4PQ

Cheers - Tony

Hello Tony,

Thanks for doing that test for me. I do appreciate it! I'm convinced that it should work on Wondows 10. I've given up trying to figure out why the 3 out of 4 chroma key slide adjustments don't work on my new laptop. When I return home in 4 days, I'll finish the project back on my old laptop as the chroma key works fine. But, as I learned in the PDToots videos, I'm not sure what the result will be when I transfer the pds file back over there. (don't want tracks to be black because of file movement) I even considered moving all clips including green screen clips to the first track of this project....produce and burn it to a DVD and transfer that DVD to my old laptop to have all material there to avoid any "file movement problem." Then pull the green screen clips back down to the second track and proceed with the editing on the tried and true Windows 7 laptop. Does that make sense? Or, can you direct me in the correct process of copying and transfering that pds file now in this computer to the other laptop (both having the same PD15) without having the dreaded "file movement" problem?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

Well - it's not a general issue with PDR15's chroma-key & Win10. It appears to be something particular about your Win10 laptop, but other more technically inclined members might be able to point to.

If you can't get around it, why not do the whole project on your Win7 laptop or (alternatively) just do the green screen sections - produce them as separate video files to be inserted into your main project?

If you're trying to transfer a project the best thing to do first is Pack Project Materials, that way nothing will go wrong. See this tutorial, if you haven't already.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
apollo11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi again -

Well - it's not a general issue with PDR15's chroma-key & Win10. It appears to be something particular about your Win10 laptop, but other more technically inclined members might be able to point to.

If you can't get around it, why not do the whole project on your Win7 laptop or (alternatively) just do the green screen sections - produce them as separate video files to be inserted into your main project?

If you're trying to transfer a project the best thing to do first is Pack Project Materials, that way nothing will go wrong. See this tutorial, if you haven't already.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks very much Tony,

By the way, I really LOVE the PDToots vidios! They are fantastic! Apparently, I can't get around the problem and yes, I wish I had done the whole thing on my old laptop, but too late.... I have made hundreds of pretty complicated edits to to top track already. I have plenty of time so I will achieve the end goal one way or another; Just trying to make the transfer the easiest way possible.

And, it sounds like Packing the project and opening it on the other computer IS the easiest way. I did not create a "temp file" but the videos ARE in the same folders on the old computer as the new. So, the question is, when I open the Packed Project file on the old computer, will the editing prodeed as usual (and find the videos in those original folders in My Videos) ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2017 23:53

apollo11 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My problem of my chroma key sliders having no effect with my PD 15 Ulta has been 100% solved. The nice guys at Cyberlink sent me the link to upgrade the build to the version 2820. After downloading it, I restarted my computer, the sliders worked just as they should! Ahh, my project can now be finished! Thsnks to Brian at Cyberlink.