Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi jonahbron -

.ARW files from the (recently released) Sony A7C R are loading & displaying just fine here in both PhD15 & PhD365. I don't have that camera but I downloaded some sample images from Photography Blog.

The sample files I tested are all adjustable in PhD.

What do you mean by "doesn't appear to be able to open/edit them"? Don't they import correctly at all? What's actually happening?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Confusal -

It sounds like you're a bit tangled up there. Could you please just do a few basic checks to see what the problem might be.

Firstly, open PhD365 & click on the PhD icon in the top left corner. That will verify what version you're using. See the attached screenshot of the current PhD365 version.

Secondly, in Windows, go to Settings > Apps > Installed Apps & scroll down the list to CyberLink PhotoDirector 365. Are there multiple entries? or only one. The installed version will be noted in the list - mine states 15.0.1004.0, which is consistent with the info in the attached screenshot.

If there are multiple installations, it'd be a good idea to clean that up before proceeding. Uninstall & reinstall.

Once you have that sorted out, PhD365 will import videos & create GIFs just as you want it to.

Cheers - Tony

Hi there -

You’ll possibly laugh when you read this… & it is kinda laughable to have to come up with such a shonky workaround to an operation that should be/used to be very simple.

N.B. This workaround requires that you have a previous (perpetual) version of PDR installed. In my case, I used PDR21.

OK – following the Mauricio’s description, I opened PDR21 & went to the Motion Graphics section of the Titles module I chose Motion Graphic 32 and made some basic modifications (text & colour) & saved each one as a new template (which cannot be done in either PDR22/2024 or PDR365/2024).

The new templates folders landed, as expected, in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles

I copied the folders named “Title_000, Title_001, Title_002” etc and pasted them into the corresponding folder for PDR365/2024 which is C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\22.0\MyTitles

N.B.: If your destination folder is already populated with folders of the same names you’ll need to rename either those or the ones you’re pasting.

Now the new title templates are available in the Titles module under Titles > My Content > Custom.

Come to think of it, maybe Warry's suggestion is a bit simpler to implement.

Cheers - Tony
Hi bakeller74 -

No such issues here with PDR 365 22.0.2126.0.

Projects play through as expected... even on a very old PC sporting an i7-920 surprised

You don't, perhaps, have a clip selected in the timeline do you? If that were the case, only that clip/section would play.

Cheers - Tony
G'day detroit123 -

The simplest way to do that is using the Watermark feature. Once you've created your watermark with your logo, it's a simple matter of applying it to the selected photos when you export.

Under Guided, go to Frames/Watermarks > Watermark Creator

You can either "follow your nose" or the instructions on this page & you'll be right.

Cheers - Tony

""
Hi TravisJ -

I'm not sure what's happening there with your PDR 365 2024 version & iPhone .MOV files, but I'm not having the same issues with mine.

.MOV files from iPhone X, 11 & 12 all import & run correctly here, without it asking me to "get some sort of Premium upgrade".

Anyway - you have a simple resolution to your issue (i.e. PDR17)

Cheers - Tony
G'day Warry -

Does this help partly answer your question? It appears the updates were only content related, rather than adding or changing features.

Cheers - Tony
Hi detroit123 -

In PhD365, go to Guided > People Beautifier > Face Tools > Skin Tone... which is what is stated on the screenshot Koen41 provided.

Cheers - Tony
I completely agree with comments above by Warry, Jeff & Barry.

Please note that once it closes, users will no longer have access to this forum.
is the bit that bothers me. Jeff's point that it's a little vague is right. That could mean (a) forum threads would be completely inacessible or (b) they'd be available in archived format, but as read-only.

Fair enough to change the forum focus/structure, but for the wealth of knowledge & experience to be banished into the ether seems extraordinarily short sighted to me. It would also show gross disrespect to users who've made invested inestimable mountains of time, experience, knowledge & energy into helping others over many years... & to other users who value being able to benefit from that.

Perhaps CL's plan of action is still evolving. Perhaps it'll be made clearer to members.

Cheers - Tony
Hi detroit123 -

There are a few "auto correct" features in PhD365. IO'm not sure which one you're referring to.

Are you working in the Adjustment or Edit module? Guided or Expert?

Using JPGs from Panasonic GH6, I haven't been able to replicate your black specks issue with any of the auto corrections I've checked.

There's a sample GH6 file attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi JMM55 -

At the top of the thread (under the thread title) you'll see 4 symbols. The first one is so you can bookmark the thread. See attached screenshot.

While you're at the top of the page, it'd be worth reading the CL message highlighted in yellow. That might make your bookmarking emdeavours null & void.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Jim555 -

I don't actually know the answer to your question, but (in a related tale) a few years back I was trying to track down or create a lens profile for a particular camera. I know - lens profiles ain't presets.

There was no profile available on DirectorZone. I'm also a LR user, which had every lens profile you could poke a stick at. So I thought - AHA - all I need to do is (somehow) convert the LR profile into the right format for PhD. It was totally beyond me. Both PhD & LR use proprietary formats & there was no way I could do it.

I suspect the same would be the case for presets.

(not much help but) Cheers - Tony
Hi detroit123 -

A few questions:

Which version of PhD are you using?
Are you trying to crop in the Adjustment section or under Edit?
Does anything in this discussion help?

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

There's something quite different about your DSC_0121.NEF file and the other Z8 sample files I tested... at least, how different photo applications treat it.

Like optodata, whichever version of PhD I used, the .NEF file imported correctly but showed the constant "loading" progress wheel & didn't resolve itself.

I don't think it's anything to do with your copy of PhD13.

I also checked DSC_0121.NEF in Lighroom, Photoshop, Photo Studio X - they all displayed the photo correctly. In ON1 Photo RAW (a consistently robust & reliable app) your photo was displayed as shown in the attachment. EEK!

All the other sample files I tested at the same time displayed correctly in every application.

Without success, I tried to get some clues by comparing EXIF data from your photo & others I tested. Nothing stood out to me as being a contributing factor.

Cheers - Tony
Please understand, I do not own a Nikon Z8. I downloaded sample files from the websites linked above.

I can definitely confirm that the .NEF & .JPG files I tested were taken on a Nikon Z8.

1. Both websites stated that.
  2. Metadata in PhD states that.
  3. Window properties states the same.
  4. EXIF tool says the camera model is Nikon Z8 too.

Just to clear this up, could you please attach one of your Z8 .NEF files for us to check, just as optodata suggested. We may be at crossed purposes.

Cheers - Tony
I also downloaded samples from Photography Blog to compare JPG display to NEF.

Same happy results with PhD14, 12 & 7.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Rus54 -

The short answer is yes.

I grabbed some raw samples (.NEF) from Photography Life & they imported & displayed correctly in PhD14.

Oh - and those same files imported & displayed properly in PhD12. No problem... even PhD7! surprised

Cheers - Tony
  1. Hi Peter -

It's a simple process.

1. Attach your SD card to your PC via a card reader/SD input.
  2. Open PhotoDirectorIn Library, click Import > Video to Photo
  3. Navigate to your connected SD card
  4. Select video for import
  5. Select which option you'd like

""""

... and you're away!

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tezza -

As optodata suggests, you can search by GPS data, but you need to add it as a tag. To my knowledge, you can't search for some terms displayed in the EXIF.

Examples:
If you search for "Nikon" PhD will find all photos either taken on a Nikon camera or tagged with "Nikon"
If you try to search with "33° 51' 21.53" S 151° 12' 24.00" E" (that's Sydney, Australia) PhD will find nothing even if you have hundreds of GPS enabled photos shot in Sydney.
BUT - if you search for "33" PhD will find all those Sydney photos.

One way to overcome that is to add the GPS data to tags when you import, assuming you're importing a folder of photos all shot in the one general location. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi billb -

No - that's not right.

First thing to do is make sure you have installed ALL the PowerDirector Content Packs.

Open CAM (CyberLink Application Manager) & select Effect Packs. You'll see which packs have been installed. There's PowerDirector Content Pack Essential, and Volumes 1-5.

You can also check at C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates where the template folders are stored.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: