Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sounds like PD is not reading the orientation meta data in the video correctly. I assume there is probably not a fix other than upgrading PD or manually adjusting the size of each video.
Well, there are ways to download, but using them would violate YouTube terms of service and copyright law, so I would even discuss it further.
Never mind. Still not listed for PD 16. I have a converter that may work. Just hoping to not add extra steps of processing.
Has anyone tried to edit Canon MXF video? Looking at a new camera and I want to make sure I can edit it first. Maybe I can find some download sample, but I would like the opinion of anyone who has tried it.
The slow upload could be heavy traffic on your ISP or even on YouTube. It's hard to say for sure.
Quote PLEASE HELP!!!!! I have had enough trouble figuring out how to record my old vhs to the computer. Now, I need to know how to get it onto a flash drive, dvd, or something to make room on the computer. Everything I have tried says there is not enough room to do so. I have 15 gb flash drives, and i have tried and tried to save a 7gb movie. What am I doing wrong? I am about ready to send my movies to a professional and spend the hundreds of dollars to spare myself the stress!!

Give us some more detail. What format are the movies and how are you trying to move them to the flash drive? Just drag and drop or burn them as a dvd format? Are they on the computer now or are you trying to produce them to a flash drive?
I don't recall ever being able to capture in anything but mpeg 2, but that could have been any number of things. CODEC, capture card or even version. That was a long time ago.
Quote I am using PD13 on Windows 10. I am importing an avi movie into a new project. It is long, about 40 min. The red color drops out intermittently for a few seconds, repeatedly. This is throughout the movie. I have played this avi movie directly using Windows Media Player and other players, and the colors are correct. It is not just in the preview, it is in the final output. I produced a DVD and the color had the same defect. I have also imported another avi movie, about 20 min., into the same project. It does not exhibit any color aberrations. After importing the first avi 4 or 5 times, and deleting it, I tried importing it with Scene Detection (RichVideo information). This did not help.

I don't know if this will help, but you may try converting it with something like Format Factory. There could be a small glitch in the original encoding.
You are in the PowerDirector forum. You might get better results in the PowerDVD forum.
MP4 is still under patent and requires a license fee, so not all cheap TVs will play them, or may only play older versions of MP4. MPEG 2 may work better, but is a bigger file. It may also work better for burning to disc. That will depend on how the receicer will be playing it.
If I am not mistaken cross fade overlaps the two clips making the overall video shorter. My best answer is to separate the audio and video at that point so there is no overlap. Then remove a portion of the audio equal to the amount lost in the fade. Not as easy if it is music or steady noise.
Quote Hey guys! Didnt know if anyone has experienced this. When I go to do a Voice over, It starts out at the normal volume, but it gets louder the longer I talk slowly increasing in volume. Is there a setting somewhere I missed? I cant seem to see anything regarding this. I would like it to stay the same volume throughout..

Thanks!

I have never experienced this, but you can adjust the level in the time line to level it out.
Have you verified that the video track is not disabled?
I am not sure what you mean by isn't working, but did you move the video file before trying to open the project again?
The license is for one computer. It may, or may not, activate on a second computer, but we really can't offer any advice.
Quote Using Windows 8 and PD 10. Created a MPEG file; then burned this to disc. When placed in my BlueRay player, it plays the 10 second title but nothing else.....??

Thanks

What type of mpeg and how did you burn it to disc? Have you tried to play it on a computer or another player?
Quote You can check for an update by clicking on the up arrow in the upper right of the screen. More than likely an upgrade may be needed.

Jaime esque - Avatar: photo change is common among users but I never tried name change. I have read that some users claim that they had to create a new identidy to continue to use the forums. laughing

A few years ago the forum made me change my name and after that it was locked. But for some reason it just let me change it. Maybe the new forum.
If it was preinstalled on a computer it is probably an oem version. They do have fewer effects, but I can't say for certain that is your problem. You may be able to find some in the Director Zone.

Now that I read the question again I am not sure I was addressing the correct issue, but I will leave it here in case it may help.
Me personally, I would go ahead and switch it to 30.
If you are producing to 30 fps it is Ok to edit at 30 fps. Ibelieve what happens id PD duplicates some frames to increase from 24 to 30.
But will that play in a standard dvd player?
Go to: