Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Voice Over Recording gets LOUDER the longer I talk....
shimmer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 01, 2017 10:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys! Didnt know if anyone has experienced this. When I go to do a Voice over, It starts out at the normal volume, but it gets louder the longer I talk slowly increasing in volume. Is there a setting somewhere I missed? I cant seem to see anything regarding this. I would like it to stay the same volume throughout..

Thanks!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey guys! Didnt know if anyone has experienced this. When I go to do a Voice over, It starts out at the normal volume, but it gets louder the longer I talk slowly increasing in volume. Is there a setting somewhere I missed? I cant seem to see anything regarding this. I would like it to stay the same volume throughout..

Thanks!

I have never experienced this, but you can adjust the level in the time line to level it out. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
shimmer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hey guys! Didnt know if anyone has experienced this. When I go to do a Voice over, It starts out at the normal volume, but it gets louder the longer I talk slowly increasing in volume. Is there a setting somewhere I missed? I cant seem to see anything regarding this. I would like it to stay the same volume throughout..

Thanks!

I have never experienced this, but you can adjust the level in the time line to level it out.

....which is what I've been forced to do. But when you have a couple dozen voice files in one video and you have to take time to find the exact spot the sound gets loudest and stays there then adjusting each one over and over...it's very time consuming and has gotten very old very fast. I'm ending up spending more time editing the narriation than the actual video.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You might find out why the volume level keeps increasing. Normal voice over recording in the PD voice over room does not change level unless your are getting closer to the microphone or you are talking louder.

Distance from your mouth and the Microphone should stay the same. Small changes in distance will make huge changes in volume level. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

shimmer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You might find out why the volume level keeps increasing. Normal voice over recording in the PD voice over room does not change level unless your are getting closer to the microphone or you are talking louder.

Distance from your mouth and the Microphone should stay the same. Small changes in distance will make huge changes in volume level.

i use a headset mic, and it is very stationary when I talk and move my head. This didn't start happening until about two months ago. Before that it was fine.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You might find out why the volume level keeps increasing. Normal voice over recording in the PD voice over room does not change level unless your are getting closer to the microphone or you are talking louder.

Distance from your mouth and the Microphone should stay the same. Small changes in distance will make huge changes in volume level.

i use a headset mic, and it is very stationary when I talk and move my head. This didn't start happening until about two months ago. Before that it was fine.

Sounds like your headset need updated/adjusted (drivers/settings/ power supply). .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
shimmer [Avatar]
[Post New]

Sounds like your headset need updated/adjusted (drivers/settings/ power supply).

Its a Logitech g 633...all the drivers are updated. I stream and am in voip constantly and the only time I have volume issues or variations is in this program.

i should note that I have tried changing the htz and from surround to stereo etc and I have the same problem just bad quality.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2017 11:29

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
What version and build of Powerdirector?

What about your sound drivers in Windows?

What about updates for your version of Powerdirector?

Have there been any changes to your computer in the last few months? Windows Update?

It has to be something that changed. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Vanasse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2017 00:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have never experienced this before. How did this happen?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2017 22:54