Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Should I Change My Project From 30fps to 24fps?
OffTheMark [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 12, 2016 10:39 Messages: 114 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all:

Do I need to change my project timeline from 30fps to 24fps since I shot my clips in 24fps for a "cinematic look"?

The reason my timeline is 30fps is because I was planning on posting them on youtube, and I had rad that youtube wants / prefers 30fps.

Can I have 24fps clips and still render it as a 30fps video?

I also have some clips that are at 60fps. Can I just put them on the same timeline with the 24fps clips?

Thanks in advance.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If you are producing to 30 fps it is Ok to edit at 30 fps. Ibelieve what happens id PD duplicates some frames to increase from 24 to 30. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
OffTheMark [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 12, 2016 10:39 Messages: 114 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you are producing to 30 fps it is Ok to edit at 30 fps. Ibelieve what happens id PD duplicates some frames to increase from 24 to 30.

Thank you, Jamie-esque.

Does that mean that I should keep the timeline at 24fps and produce to 24fps if I want that cinematic look?

Won't youtube "convert it" to 30fps?

Thanks in advance.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Me personally, I would go ahead and switch it to 30. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM