Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Only burning the title to DVD
Andy43 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 16, 2014 11:46 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Using Windows 8 and PD 10. Created a MPEG file; then burned this to disc. When placed in my BlueRay player, it plays the 10 second title but nothing else.....??

Thanks
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Using Windows 8 and PD 10. Created a MPEG file; then burned this to disc. When placed in my BlueRay player, it plays the 10 second title but nothing else.....??

Thanks

What type of mpeg and how did you burn it to disc? Have you tried to play it on a computer or another player? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Andy43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
James, thanks for the help!!!

Tried the DVD on a computer. Similar results. It plays the DVD, the timer shows this is about a 24 minute clip, it plays the title for the first 10 seconds, then the screen goes black, even though the timer keeps counting as if it's playing. There's no video or audio.

MPEG file properties show:

Type of File: Movie Clip (.mpeg)

Size: 1.42 GB

Thanks again. I really appreciate the help.
Andy43 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still working on this.....haven't figured it out yet, so all help or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Put that same created 1.42 GB mpeg file on a usb flash drive and plug it in the BD player and/or tv and it will probably play all 24 minutes.

You have to go through the create disc for dvd route to create a true dvd or avchd that works inside the BD player or computer with a software player like PDVD or vlc.