Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 will not upload to youtube
Kevinator86 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 19:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought a new pc and installed PD 15 ultra, which was on my previous pc. I can produce movies just fine, but when it goes to upload to you tube, it says Powerdirector can not upload to youtube.

I produced the movie into an hd .wmv and then upload to YT through the website and it worked fine. The hiccup is only when the program tries to upload it.

I still have the previous pc and it has and still works just fine with uploading.

Any ideas?

Update: late last nightly finally uploaded. It's a 2 hour 1080 video and it took like 3 hours to upload! It used to take may be an hour. Could this be software related? My internet speeds have not changed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2017 09:36

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
The slow upload could be heavy traffic on your ISP or even on YouTube. It's hard to say for sure. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevinator86 -

One way to isolate the problem would be to do a double test upload:

1. Produce a video project - say about 10 mins long - to WMV Full HD 1920x1080/30p (10Mbps) & upload manually through your channel.

2. Time the upload

3. Use the same video project to produce through Online > YouTube - Full HD Quality (which is also 10 Mbps)

4. Time the upload (not including render time)

The comparison will point to the issue, I think.

P.S. I just carried out the above test here and found little difference in upload times using manual upload or PDR's YT uploader. They were both about 1 minute per minute of video, but we have a federal government that still thinks copper wire is 21st century!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2017 16:00

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!