Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
saving movies to anything other than the computer
Lindaloo123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2017 16:33 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
PLEASE HELP!!!!! I have had enough trouble figuring out how to record my old vhs to the computer. Now, I need to know how to get it onto a flash drive, dvd, or something to make room on the computer. Everything I have tried says there is not enough room to do so. I have 15 gb flash drives, and i have tried and tried to save a 7gb movie. What am I doing wrong? I am about ready to send my movies to a professional and spend the hundreds of dollars to spare myself the stress!!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PLEASE HELP!!!!! I have had enough trouble figuring out how to record my old vhs to the computer. Now, I need to know how to get it onto a flash drive, dvd, or something to make room on the computer. Everything I have tried says there is not enough room to do so. I have 15 gb flash drives, and i have tried and tried to save a 7gb movie. What am I doing wrong? I am about ready to send my movies to a professional and spend the hundreds of dollars to spare myself the stress!!

Give us some more detail. What format are the movies and how are you trying to move them to the flash drive? Just drag and drop or burn them as a dvd format? Are they on the computer now or are you trying to produce them to a flash drive? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
first.

welcome to the forum.

and you may delete other two...

Quote ... have 15 gb flash drives, and i have tried and tried to save a 7gb movie. ...

well.

your flash drive is probably formatted to FAT32. biggest file size you can store in that condition is 4GB.

if you format the flash drive to either exFat and or NTFS, then you can save whole 7GB movies to your

15GB flash drive.

make sure to save whatever is on that flash drive before formatting to exFat and or NTFS!

p.s.

Quote ... spend the hundreds of dollars to spare myself the stress!!

i take cash, credit card, check, ious, gold, diamonds and lastly food of equal value.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2017 13:18

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1