Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No longer able to play 3D Blu-ray movies (PowerDVD 10/12)
ThunderSoul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2017 18:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I've been trying for the past 48 hours to try to get to play 3D blu-ray movies, but I am unable to. Here's my story, hopefully you can help, please.

-I got PowerDVD 10 many years ago.

-I was able to play 3D movies no problem.

-Over time, I updated my O/S from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

-I was still able to play Blu-Ray 3D movies.

-Recently, I tried playing a 3D movie on PowerDVD 10 and I got an error message that disallowed me to play any movies: "The integrity of CyberLink PowerDVD is at risk - check your antivirus software for malicious activities or try reinstalling Power DVD 10."

-I googled about and many people had this complaint, but none had any solutions.

-I attempted 40-50 times to play a 3D movie; I was successful only once.

-The 3D button in PowerDVD 10 was visible and usable.

-I updated the product and ended up with PowerDVD 12.

-The 3D button in PowerDVD 12 was invisible, and therefore unusuable.

-With PowerDVD 12 I have no chance at all to even play a 3D movie.

-When I try, I get a funky message saying:
"This feature requires a Blu-ray 3D Player connected to a 3D Display.Your Blu-ray 3D Player has not detected that it is connected to a 3D Display. This may be due to Display capability or an equipment setup issue.Please review the 3D capability and setup of your equipment. Consult with your equipment manual or support website for more information."

-That information message does not make sense to me because I was able to play 3D Blu-ray with PowerDVD 10 no problems until that previous "integrity" message I mentioned.

One other thing that may be a clue is that I ran Cyberlink BD & 3D advisor; all tests were passed except for "Software Player". That makes even no sense since I have PowerDVD 12! Also, as a test, I installed PowerDVD 17 trial, and I had the same issue; unable to play 3D movies and missing 3D button.

HELP!!!

I need to play my 3D movies, please.

Some specs:
Blu-ray player --- LG hl-dt-st bd-re bh14ns40
Monitor --- BenQ XL2420XT
Connection --- HDMI 2.0 (I tried DVI as well)
GFX Card --- GTX 960Thank you.

All updated to latest drivers and firmware.

Thank you.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You are in the PowerDirector forum. You might get better results in the PowerDVD forum. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
Quote You are in the PowerDirector forum. You might get better results in the PowerDVD forum.

To record a DVD in the 3d HD mode requires a great deal of information This reqire a special HD recorder and HD discs which has a gold or black surface. the grooves on this players surface are recorded vertical as well as horizontal, where the surface of a DVD purple surface which only records horizontal. this aliviates the 4Gig restriction of a nomal DVD dick. Peter82
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
One possibility that comes to mind is that your graphics driver got updated and caused a conflict with PowerDVD. It sounds like the newer versions are detecting that your graphics system doesn't support 3-D but that maybe PowerDVD 10 did not include that code.

You could try performing a System Restore to a date before the problem appeared and then revert to PowerDVD 10. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64