Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
But will that play in a standard dvd player?
I made my last dvd a few years ago. I may make more some day, but i prefer to save them as mp4 instead.
I have not watched the video (data useage), but I make watermarks in PhotoShop and export as a transparent png image. GIMP or Paint.net may have a similar feature.
Is the purpose to distribute a video? If MPEG 2 will work produce at the highest bitrate that will fit and burn it as a data dvd. If you need a dvd-video format your only real option is to use the highest quality source video and burn at high quality.

You could also burn to a folder and use the dvd 8.5GB option. Then use a third party software to shrink it to fit a 4.5GB disc. If you use AVCHD-DVD you will need a Blu-Ray player, so you may loose compatibility for users.
Probably has a lot to do with bit rate. I have never gotten a DVD to actually burn at 8 Mbps regardless of the settings I use.
Has it asked you to activate? Some codecs have to be before use.
I believe the common logic is that disc are soon to be obsolete. I hope they are wrong.
You posted this in an old thread. You really should start a new topic. Have you ever been able to use mp4 or did this just start?
NMHUCowboy - You will be better served to start a new topic, but it sounds to me like you may have a problem with interlaced video. In a new post attach a screen shot of the problem and we may be able to tell you more.
If you have not made any other changes to the system that can not be done again, then you may be able to use system restore
Quote I have power director 12 and I am unable to speed up or slow down clips because it only shows 3 power tools (crop, reverse, and rotation). I need help. Thanks

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but what version of PowerDirector do you have. Was it retail, OEM, Deluxe? Has it worked in the past on other clips?
Quote Hello everyone.

I have a Sony a6000 mirrorless camera and want to record videos in the highest quality that I can. The a6000 records video in XAVCS format (i think its 50 Mbs/s?) as well as AVCHD format (60 fps). I have Power Director 12 Ultimate and am wondering if it will be able to handle either of those formats and then render a video to be thrown onto YouTube (whatever the highest quality vid that they allow). I will be making music videos and am trying to make the best quality with what equipment I already have.. I use a pc with Windows 7 64 bit... Any input is greatly appreciated.

Also I have yet to update to the newest version of PD 12 Ultimate. Do I need to delete the older version of PD 12 Ultimate and then update to the newer version or just go download the update and it takes care of everything on its own?? Thank you for your time and help.

It can handle AVCHD as long as your computer can. I am not so sure about XAVCS in PD12. To upgrade you do not need to remove 12 first.
It is not automatic, but you can remove gaps by right-clicking on a space and choose to remove gaps on all tracks. If you have a big project I would recommend making a backup copy before you start as this may not always give you the results you were expecting.
Quote I'm trying to import video from an lg 360 camera which films at 30fps and my default project setting is also at 30fps, but I'm guessing that there is a slight variance (maybe 29.97fps) for the project setting.

In any case, I used to get an error message about the frame rate and although it renders the project just fine, my video is nearly impossible to view while I'm editing as frames are dropped, etc. Another slight problem is that I'm also using another camera set to 30fps and it seems to have no problems but because frames are being dropped from my other video, the audio is also out of sync.

Is there a way to fix this or am I just stuck with the bad viewing options.

Thanks!

Sounds like the LG 360 creates some pretty large video files. What are you computer specs?
Quote Hi,
I've been unavailable, so sorry for the delay.

I already had Enable Shadow Files checked.

Nothing at all has changed on my front end. I'm using the same camera. Didn't change anything in settings or on my PC or operating system. The lagging, hanging and unsynched audio/video while editing just arbitrarily began the same time the extra tracks disappeared.

I don't know what you mean by 4k video or color enhancements. I suppose it's possible either I or the system accidentally changed a setting. I don't see where I might turn on/off color enhancements and, again I have no idea what you mean by 4k video.

Can you please tell me where I will find the radio button or other switch for color inhancements? Any setting I can change regards to 4k video???

Any other ideas as to what might be going on and how to fix it?

THanks

Chris

Quote The supplied DxDiag.txt show that this laptop should be sufficient for editing HD 1080 video. There would be symptoms that you described if editing 4k video or using the color enhancements on the video. Simple cuts type editing should present no video audio sync problems. Try this: enable shadow files and let them finish before continuing to edit to see if it helps.

You may be using camera video different from what you used in the past. A mediainfo on the video that you are trying to edit now can help to clarify the issues.

You have many windows errors reported in the diagnostic part of the report that need to be fixed if possible.

4k video would be the output format of your camera. The size. Enhancements would be something you added during editing by clicking one of the buttons above the time line.
With the pictures in the time line go to the transition room. Click the 2D and there should be a Fade transition. Click it. Now look just above the time line and there is a button to add fade to all videos. Click that and you will get a context menu with the types of fades available. Choose the one you want.
Quote Have you tried burning to a folder? Sometimes the size estimate is wrong and prevents burning even though it will actually fit on a disc.

Thank you, i have produced it to my video folder and when i try to make a dvd, it says my disk isnt large enough, that is the error

How big is the video folder that you created? If smart fit won't give you the results you want you may be able to use a third party program to reduce it enough to fit a disc.
Have you tried burning to a folder? Sometimes the size estimate is wrong and prevents burning even though it will actually fit on a disc.
I have done all what ye all say and still not burning, ill leave for a few days and restart the whole thing again, i will do the same as i have done many before, oh well, thanks to you all again for all your help

Have a lovely weekend all

Forgive me if you have already answered this, but you say it will not burn, so what is happening? You edit the project and go to create disc. From there is it just too big? Is there another error?
I can't help but feel there is something we are missing here. What type of file is on the disc? Most dvd players will not play video files. They look for a video_ts folder. Is there one on the dvd that you burned?
Quote When I tried the trial of PD14 I got sound when played back clips. I since paid for the upgrade and now when I add clips sound does not work. I tried them outsie of PD14 and sound works properly.

I tried most of what been said but still no luck.

It is best to start a new thread. Most people see that you have posted in an old thread and they do not read the post. Start a new topic and you will get more help, and attach a screen shot of you edit screen.
Go to: