Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Has Anyone Here Ever Got PD13 To Output Good Quality DVD?
Darp1 [Avatar]
Member Location: USA Joined: Nov 18, 2013 10:13 Messages: 122 Offline
[Post New]
In my previous post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50474.page put a video of using PD13 from source project and outputting a DVD from it, with terrible alaising problems on line in grpahics being zoomed, then the exact same snip after it was output as 1080 WMV, then put into free DVD authoring program then written to DVD. It is nite and day inferior in PD13, even though should be better as from source, not compressed WMV from same source.

I have now put into a 3rd free DVD program, DVD Styler, and same thing. All 3 outside programs produce a very superior DVD quality, even though using a degraded source outputed from PD13. It is not just zooming, I see smoother edges on the 3 outside programs, and more zigzags on PD13.

Maybe I have made some huge error in PD13 that is introducing alaising, but see no parameter for that. And have written 2 full length DVD of this 77 min doc, so its not writing at higher rate as PD13 used every meg on Smart Fit.

I am spending many hours on this over period of days, should not be. Can anyone help on this? Very frustrating, PD13 DVD menu setup is better and I should get better quality from the source than compressed copy, but am not.

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 11. 2016 14:22

Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In my previous post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50474.page put a video of using PD13 from source project and outputting a DVD from it, with terrible alaising problems on line in grpahics being zoomed, then the exact same snip after it was output as 1080 WMV, then put into free DVD authoring program then written to DVD. It is nite and day inferior in PD13, even though should be better as from source, not compressed WMV from same source.

I have now put into a 3rd free DVD program, DVD Styler, and same thing. All 3 outside programs produce a very superior DVD quality, even though using a degraded source outputed from PD13. It is not just zooming, I see smoother edges on the 3 outside programs, and more zigzags on PD13.

Maybe I have made some huge error in PD13 that is introducing alaising, but see no parameter for that. And have written 2 full length DVD of this 77 min doc, so its not writing at higher rate as PD13 used every meg on Smart Fit.

I am spending many hours on this over period of days, should not be. Can anyone help on this? Very frustrating, PD13 DVD menu setup is better and I should get better quality from the source than compressed copy, but am not.

Thanks

Interesting, so no one has used the DVD output?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I made my last dvd a few years ago. I may make more some day, but i prefer to save them as mp4 instead. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In my previous post http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50474.page put a video of using PD13 from source project and outputting a DVD from it, with terrible alaising problems on line in grpahics being zoomed, then the exact same snip after it was output as 1080 WMV, then put into free DVD authoring program then written to DVD. It is nite and day inferior in PD13, even though should be better as from source, not compressed WMV from same source.

Thanks

DVD is Standard Definition, so the use in today's HD world is less and less.

It is hit and miss going from a 1920x1080 HD video to a 720x480 SD video on a DVD. Although the PD create disk can do the conversion 'on the fly', it is best if you first produce a MP2 720x480 @ 8 Mpbs video to use in the DVD production.

It is a lot of work for the computer to down grade the video at the same time it is creating a DVD disk. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks

It is hit and miss going from a 1920x1080 HD video to a 720x480 SD video on a DVD. Although the PD create disk can do the conversion 'on the fly', it is best if you first produce a MP2 720x480 @ 8 Mpbs video to use in the DVD production.

It is a lot of work for the computer to down grade the video at the same time it is creating a DVD disk.

Carl, thanks. Will give that a try. The docs actually recommended starting with highest possible source, but what you say makes sense.

Cust support got back to me, and asked me to do about 2 hours will guess of work providing info to them, quite frustrating. DVD styler definatley does produce good quality to disc from WMV 1080 out of PD13, but still have not figures out how to have menu in it. A simple play, yes.

The reason doing this is people who want to buy it greatly complain about how hard it is to start account on Vimeo and buy it there and want a DVD. If anyone here has sold online curious what they think is best online way to sell a documentary. Vimeo is good deal, but people again hate signing up there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2016 02:29

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks

It is a lot of work for the computer to down grade the video at the same time it is creating a DVD disk.

Carl, thanks. Will give that a try. The docs actually recommended starting with highest possible source, but what you say makes sense.

Cust support got back to me, and asked me to do about 2 hours will guess of work providing info to them, quite frustrating. DVD styler definatley does produce good quality to disc from WMV 1080 out of PD13, but still have not figures out how to have menu in it. A simple play, yes.

The reason doing this is people who want to buy it greatly complain about how hard it is to start account on Vimeo and buy it there and want a DVD. If anyone here has sold online curious what they think is best online way to sell a documentary. Vimeo is good deal, but people again hate signing up there.

What about selling a BluRay disc? BluRay can be Full HD (1920x1080). The only requirement is the customer must own a BluRay player.

. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Darp1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
[

Thanks

What about selling a BluRay disc? BluRay can be Full HD (1920x1080). The only requirement is the customer must own a BluRay player.

Carl, yes on Bluray, but only maybe 20% are bluray today. DVD still the standard. I have it on Vimeo as 1080, but people complain it is so hard to sign up for Vimeo and buy am going to DVD, but might do Bluray too.

Well good news, support mentioned selcting H264, so I went to Produce and selcted AVC H264 1080, Then selected Created Disk and there are no cloices after 720x480 is selected, BUT first time in 4 tries PD13 output high quality to disc, just like other DVD programs, the alaising went way??

Does not make sense to me, the 2 menus should be separate, but that is what happened.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
But will that play in a standard dvd player? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM