Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 13 - Video Error
Espossa1923 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2017 21:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've stepped away from a few of my videos, and am just getting back to them.

I have a project I've worked on in the past, and now some of the video/audio from a single file isn't working. If I reimport the file on a different track, it plays fine! What am I missing? Do I need to re-edit this video again?

Suggestions?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure what you mean by isn't working, but did you move the video file before trying to open the project again? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Espossa1923 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2017 21:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am not sure what you mean by isn't working, but did you move the video file before trying to open the project again?

the videos are in the same folders. When I preview the video the video/audio prior to the clips with issues works correctly. The clips causing issues just show black, no video or audio in the preview screen.

by the rest of video working I'm assuming the file isn't corrupt. Based on being able to grab the specific clip and add it to a new track and having no issues, I'm assuming that imported file isn't corrupt.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am not sure what you mean by isn't working, but did you move the video file before trying to open the project again?

the videos are in the same folders. When I preview the video the video/audio prior to the clips with issues works correctly. The clips causing issues just show black, no video or audio in the preview screen.

by the rest of video working I'm assuming the file isn't corrupt. Based on being able to grab the specific clip and add it to a new track and having no issues, I'm assuming that imported file isn't corrupt.

Is this a file saved as a .PDS file? When you load the suspect video, do you get any message?

What you are describing sounds like PD cant find the original source files necessary to show the video completely. If you save a PDS file PowerDirector knows where the source clips are. If you change the folder or delete the clips it will result in black clips on the timeline. One example would be if you loaded your project clips from an SD card and then edited and saved your project, and then removed the card from the PC. The next time you tried to load the saved file, PD would not be able to find the source files which would result in a black timeline of clips

I hope this is the problem and that you can find the source clips

EDIT: Having re-read, and re-read your message again, I think this may not be your problem.

A screenshot of the black screen in track 1, and one of the same clip in another track would help members to advise you

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 31. 2017 14:30

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Have you verified that the video track is not disabled? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM