Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

I downloaded the file and scanned it with Windows Defender (latest updates applied) and my anti virus program Symantec, and did not get any alerts.

Most likely you're getting a false positive, especially since the YouCam update is over 6 months old (2016-12-18 release date). Others would have reported this by now if it had a trojan.

Dave
Hello,

Actually the answer customer support gave you is the correct and only way to do this in PowerDirector. They even provided you with a tutorial to show you how it is done!

If you want to cut the 100 GB video to 20 minutes, you need to trim it or place on the timeline and split it at the 20 minute mark. Then produce the video as a new file.

They gave you the right answer, just didn't state that it was the only way.

Dave
Hello,

To do this I would shoot the video of the Ancient knocking you "back", holding it as long as you can bending backwards, or whatever you want (jumping or falling back?). You would need to plan your shot carefully, ensuring that the part of the body that you want to be "transparent", is on one half of the screen. The punch ends in middle, or just before the middle point.

Then when you edit the video, you pause the video right before or after she hits you, take a screen shot (so your body is still upright, or bending slightly back, in a paused position). Split the video, insert the screen shot (of paused video of you) on track 1 and extend it the length you want the pause.

Place the remaining piece of the split video clip (after the punch) on track 2. Open the Mask Designer and add the mask in mask1.jpg (see attached), resize to fit, so only the Ancient on the left of the screen is seen in the video (right side is paused, i.e. screen shot on track 1 is revealed).

Close the Mask Designer and then open the clip on track 2 in ColorDirector, and use a motion tracking mask on you bent backwards. Adjust the colour of you bent backwards, to something similar like in the movie (see link below).

Go back to PowerDirector, select the clip on track 2, and re-enter the Mask Designer. Now adjust the opacity of the mask, revealing yourself in the modified colored video clip. This clip will play over the paused screen shot of you on track 1. See result.jpg to see what i mean (sort of!).

Well...it of course won't look as good, but you can play with it and get something that works for you. Key is to shoot the video well and plan for editing. It will be some work to make it look good, but also a lot of fun!

Here is a screen shot for other users who may not know what he means:

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/doctor-strange-tilda-swinton.jpg

Let me know if you have questions.

David
Hi,

There is no way to currently do this in PowerDirector, but I think it is a very good suggestion.

Maybe you can add it to the future versions suggestion thread, asking for a more customizeable ease in and out? I think that would be beneficial to all users. You find the thread below:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50535.page

Dave
Hi,

I don't think PowerDirector allows you to access the timecode in video. But for subtitles, if there are some in the video file, you can extract/access them. Is that what you meant?

See this thread for reference: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50119.page#263591

Dave
Hello Kemp,

I understand, and see that the suggestion was made for the next version of PowerDirector, so hopefully it will be added soon. I better workaround for you is to add both video files to the timeline directly on different tracks (1 and 2).

If you select them both on the timeline, you can then click the Sync by Audio button to sync the two video files. From there, you can perform the same function as the MultiCam by splitting out segments on track 2 (so you can see the video on track 1).

Yes, it will take more time, but assuming your cameras are behind or close to each net, the transition time needed between each cut is not so rapid (as players come up the ice.

Hopefully by the time you add a third camera around centre ice for the start of the 2017-18 hockey season, the noted feature will be in there!

Dave
Hi,

Looks like you need to film a scence twice...without touching the camera or lighting. For example an empty restaurant and then later in the day when filled with guests and staff.

Then you put the empty clip on one track and the other on the second track...and adjust the opacitiy to get such an effect. Tables and things that are not moving should be clear like in the video.

Fun experiment. Maybe I'll try too.

Dave
Hi,

Actually, I was poking around and realized that you can extract the subtitles in PowerDirector. Did you try that?

Just put the file in the timline, right click and select Extract Subtitles. See attached screen shot. They actually load right into the subtitle room and the subtitle track.

Hope that works and is an even better solution.

Dave
Hi,

There is no way to turn on the softsubs in PowerDirector I don't think. So I'd try using one of the available MKV subtitle extractors and save them as an srt file. Then import the video into the timeline and the srt file in the subtitles room, and produce the file with the subtitles imprinted on the video. You won't lose much quality if you use a similar profile.

Will take some work...wouldn't call it gymnastics though, maybe light cardio

Dave
Hi,

I watched that video and the user was taking photos, not shooting video. So the video stabilizer in PowerDirector won't work for this. Are you taking photos as well? If yes...then the crop and zoom feature would be the best bet...but it is all up to you to manually make the effect look correct.

This is a classic horror movie technique that you can create when shooting video by zooming in or out (on the subject), while tracking backward/forward. I never tried to duplicate it myself, but it sure would be fun to try. Maybe in my next shoot...hmmmm.

Dave
Hi,

We will need a lot more information to solve the issue. From what you told us, it most likely means something on your computer has changed that has caused this error. PowerDirector didn't change.

So please provide more information, like your computer specs (see part B in this link http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page) and also how you are recording. With a webcam? From a camcorder?

Dave
Hi,

The files in the media room are the files you imported into your project. They do exisit.

To do what you want:

1. Put the media files you are importing into a new project in a new folder (i.e. the selected path you keep referring to).

2. Start a new project, and then import the media files from this new folder.

3. Go to Preferences as Tony mentioned, and change the export folder to this folder.

Now all your snapshots and media files are in the same path. Yes, you would have to do this every time you start a new project...but that is what being organized is. It takes time and effort.

Do not confuse the files in your media room with producing the file video. When you produce the video, all the files are rendered into one file and placed in a single location, which by default is the export folder. However, you can change it before production.

Good luck and let us know if you have more questions.

Dave
Hello,

Definitive answer: No.

My source? Straight from the PowerDVD 16 help: "Note: Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, movie folders, and ISO files cannot be casted to a streaming device."

Dave
Hello,

You don't extract or save your edited project, you need to render it in the Produce window.

Once you are done editing in the Motion Tracker, close that window, use the controls under the preview window to preview it...to ensure it's what you want. Then click on the "Produce" button at the top of the window. You can produce the video in the same format your original video is in, in a new format, or you can produce it directly to YouTube.

Dave
Hi,

Really? There are many 360 cameras now and it is pushing the virtual reality movement, which is the probably the biggest thing in video at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKWWhf8RAV8

With the release of Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, it will only get bigger. It will be huge in gaming for sure, but there is a lot of content coming.

Dave
Hi,

Thanks for the info. AudioDirector only shows (muxes?) two audio channels as well, so I guess sending this sample to CyberLink customer support is the way to go.

Dave
Hi,

Windows says your file (at least the one you uploaded) is 2 channel stereo. See attached.

For audio channel editing, you need to do it outside using AudioDirector (if you purchased it with PowerDirector) or WaveEditor (comes free with PowerDirector) I believe. You can access both these programs from within PowerDirector by selecting the Edit Audio button above the timeline.

Dave
Hello,

Peter99 is correct, it does not list UHD Blu-ray playback as a feature in PowerDVD 15 on the CyberLink web site. The absense of the official logo is the telling sign.

Also, in the marketing wording it says:

"Enjoy Ultra HD Video on Your Own Big Screen

With overlay rendering PowerDVD is able to better render video in accordance with the monitor it is being played on. When PowerDVD detects a 4K video file and a 4K monitor, Overlay Mode is automatically engaged to optimize the rendering pipeline and reduce the graphic resource load, delivering smooth, lag-free playback."

Maybe version 16.

Dave
Hello mixamp,

I don't think this is something that needs fixing, i.e. a bug. It is just normal Windows behaviour that only the active program's hotkeys are available.

Otherwise there would be conflicts if the current active program uses the same hotkey.

Dave
Hi,

Yes, I don't think Power2Go 8 works on Windows 10. The current version is 10, so you will probably have to upgrade to use it on Windows 10.

You can see the compatible Win10 products on their web site: http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window10-updates-center/enu/products.jsp

They also have a compatability advisor I saw: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44573.page

Dave
Hi,

To add more to what the others have told you, 64bit versions of CyberLink software (like PowerDirector) use the same installer as the 32bit version. So there is not a separate version that you need to ensure you get.

If you are running Win 32bit, the installer will install the 64bit version of PowerDirector. If you are running Win 64bit, the installer will install the 64bit version.

But as Jones84 said, there is no 64-bit version of PowerDVD 14. It runs on a 64-bit OS though.

Dave
Go to: